Pirates of the caribbean back to back sequels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pablo007
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, the second film this year to gross $300 million in domestic box office, may earn a distinction that's even more uncommon: back-to-back sequels shot in one simultaneous production. Recent successes which have followed the same format are Warner Bros.' "Matrix" sequels and New Line's "Lord of the Rings" trilogy.

Sources close to the film say the producers are pondering the possibility of back-to-back sequels, and talks have begun to secure the cast should Disney pursue that avenue.

Returning for at least one sequel are producer Jerry Bruckheimer, director Gore Verbinski, writers Terry Rossio and Ted Elliott (who haven't completed the script), and talent Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley.

No start date has been set yet.

CandyKoRn
Another one? ugh... It was good, because of Johnny Depp..

ah well...

Schizo_n_me
Whoa. Where did this forum come from? huh

Sugar Kane
A whole forum dedicated to Pirates!! Yay! When did it start? big grin

I would prefer any sequels to focus on Jack's character- I think it would be stretching it a bit to have Orlando and Keira in it again- there is only so much of those two I can take... sick

mindbugaling
i think what wouldve been cool is if they did prequels, like showing jack and his adventures when he was captain of the pearl

bLooMiLiCioUs
well i hope they take swann out she makes me sickstick out tongue
and i'd think will wld be a li'l more interestin now cuz he's not straight laced anymore,it'll be interesting to see him,who hated pirates b4,actually LIVE a pirate life....
and of course there's jac- no wait, CAPTAIN jack sparrow:big grin

Lord Soth
So long as CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow is in it, I really don't care big grin

bLooMiLiCioUs
yeah - even if orli was taken out -and for me,that's sayin sumthwink
go go CAPTAIN jack sparrow!!!

Pirate_Girly
Im glad that there is another potc film coming out..however im not glad at the fact that the next one wont even be coming out till...2005!

bLooMiLiCioUs
blink why??

Sugar Kane
No patience, I think is the answer to that! big grin

bLooMiLiCioUs
well if she has no patience won't she wish that it's comin out earlier?blink

Pirate_Girly
i swear ppl are so rude these days

bLooMiLiCioUs
blink what'd i say?!

nina
IS ORLANDO GONNA BE IN IT? no

bLooMiLiCioUs
OF COURSE!!!!!!
the poster's up in the potc2 thread*drools*

Lord Soth
Really? That shouldn't be out till at least summer 2004.....

bLooMiLiCioUs
my mistake aft long scrutiny i realised it's fakewink

happy_chic
As long as Jack Sparrow is still alive at the end of the sequel i'll be happy- I second Lord Soth.
i wouldn't see it again if it was centered on Will Turner, tho I still do like O.B. as an actor...

bLooMiLiCioUs
yup!!
nah actually i'd see it again even if it WAS centered on will cuz technically the 1st on also was kinda centered ard him and anyway if the movie's bad(wich i HIGHLY doubt if johnny's gonna be there) i can always swtich to droolin over orliwink
but yeah i wldnt watch it in theaters more than once.
CAPTAIN jack sparrow HAS to be in it.DEFINITELY!!!!!!!!

Lord Soth
Nobody will see it if Depp isn't in it. It's a certainty

.:[Kamikaze]:.
woohooo more johnny more jack yayyy!!!! big grin ok i knew this neway but hey i'm still excited *head blows off*

Caribbean_Chick
Yeah I have to admit Johnny makes the movie twice as good as it really is

bLooMiLiCioUs
hey I'LL see it even if johnny's not there!
but i'll be stoning in all the scenes where orli's absentwink

Caribbean_Chick
laughing same here

Lord Soth
While Orlando is quote unquote "hot," Johnny provides the driving character from the story, and there is no movie w/o him

bLooMiLiCioUs
yeah i know i didn't say i wldn't be HELLA bored - like i said i'll just go there to drool at orli love

not that i'd enjoy the movie(unless you count THAT orli factorlove )

Caribbean_Chick
lmao i no.. Johnny like IS the movielaughing

Lord Soth
The movie is Johnny, Johnny is the movie, the movie and Johnny are one and the same, Johnny's existance is parallel to the movie, etc, etc. big grin

Caribbean_Chick
lmao yesbig grin.. good way of putting it Lord Soththumb up or ways I should sayshifty

bLooMiLiCioUs
laughinglaughing out loud

Caribbean_Chick
but Orli is the movie's hotty.. Johnny is the movie.. and Orli is the movie's hottyyes

bLooMiLiCioUs
yesyes
so if we wanna enjoy the movie we need johnny...otherwise we'll just droooooool at the eye candy (i'm alreadi perpared to go to rotk with a pail to hold my drool!!laughing out loud sick though really )

Caribbean_Chick
lmao yea.. and Billy Boyd and Dom Monaghan or w/e are both pretty hott tooyes though nothing compared to Orlino

bLooMiLiCioUs
absoLUTEly ...orlilovelovelove

Caribbean_Chick
lol yea.. nobody can compare to Orlilove except maybe Johnnylove

bLooMiLiCioUs
not in lookslovelove

Caribbean_Chick
lol well in my mind in looks I think they are sameloveyes

beaujay1
I hope they do it

Caribbean_Chick
yea..

Lord Soth
You mean you hope they do a sequel? It's already in pre-production.....big grin

CaptainClaire
LUCKILY we don't have to worry about whther or not we should still watch the film if Johnny wasn't in it, because he is gonna be! So wahoo!

Caribbean_Chick
yeah I know.. but you know without Johnny there is no sequel

Lord Soth
W/o Johnny there is no movie....period

ilvorlandobloom
and w/out Orli... that would suck

Lord Soth
Orlando was okay, but Johnny was the heart and soul of the movie

jack's dudess
Heloooooooooo??!!

The first ever news was that Johnny, Orlando and keira had all signed one..that means contract..that means no backing out........un-less one of them dies in real life.........that would suck.........alot......

Caribbean_Chick
obviouslyconfused yea the movie can live without Orlando.. but not without Johnny
not only that but Jack Sparrow is planned to be the star of the next few movies because they are stories of him

Unholy_Cheese
Happy Dance Cool

Unholy_Cheese
YAY!!! IV POSTED IN EVERY SINGLE THREAD IN POTC FORUM!! Im the greatest!! THE GREATEST!!!!Happy DanceHappy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.