Anakin Vs Sandpeople

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

markfahey
I think that if this scene is real an not a guess, why does Amidala find it so easy not to be repulsed by Anakins behaviour!

Ushgarak
That's love for you, isn't it?

Still, who knows about the truth of this one.

queeq
Lots of rumours confirming this scene though, and a select pic poitning in this direction.

But I don't think Padme knows about the slaughter. Anakin is out there all alone, remember. I doubt he'd come back to brag about it.

jedi212guy
It might just be that GL can't write dialogues, especially for romantic scenes.
Padme, "You're such a great guy."
Anakin, Yeh, I just wasted 100 Sandpeople."
Padme, "...... You're such a great guy."

sand person no. 10
which select pic?

robbery
this, in my greatly inflated opinion, is the best scene of the scriptment, I was totaly blown away when i read it, its so twisted!!! for those who havnt read it i wont give anything away lets just say the dark side cometh,(hey thats not a bad title for the 3rd film!!! lol).

but for sure anakin will not tell anyone, more than likely he will be the only person who ever knows.There will be no reason to go back to this as there will be lots of new evidence of dark sidness in the 3rd film. this scene is purely put in to make you go, o dear he's a bit evil isnt he.

King Jedi
That's if it's in the film.

robbery
o yeah lol, i do hope so

robbery
and thinking about it GL did say this film was gonna be darker and looking back at ESB that had the mask being sliced off/luke's face dark bit(scared me as a kid) and we dont see anakin do the deed its merely heavly hinted at (from what the scriptment said anyways).

Texas
Good, I'm glad Anakin slashes sand people, their the trash of the universe mad

robbery
you are clearly influenced by the dark side

let go the hate!!!

jedi212guy
Stop the hate. Release the violence.

robbery
LET MY SAND PEOPLE GO!!

sand person no. 10
hope he doesn't kill me

Dim
Okay okay people...settle down stick out tongue

I would think that GL would show that Padme is uncomfortable with Anakin's actions but partly in denial of them at the same time.. You always try to overlook the darkness of the people you love...atleast I think that's true for alot of women.

queeq
IIIIIIIIIIIIII... wouldn't know about that. wink

Anyway, the select pic I was talking about is the one of Tatooine where we see a tiny Anakin on his swoop bike racing off into the desert. Now this scene of him going out into the desert and killing off Tuskens was already rumoured BEFORE this pic came out.
Now this doesn't PROVE anything, we don't KNOW if this is the actual scene, but it's POSSIBLE. It does fit the scriptment.

And go ahead and spoiler away, robs. We do it all the time. evil face
Just don't post all of it here. laughing out loud

robbery
I honestly think she will not know, as someone said previously you dont boast about such actions. would you tell the women you love youve just slaughterd the inoccent?

King Jedi
The other point is "we the audience would know", and Anakin is supposed to be a hero in this film. I can't see many sane people cheering for him as he slaughters women and children. That's why I have a hard time beleiving this story.

robbery
but we the audience also know he becomes darth vadar and masterminds the slaugher of millions of rebel scum. surely this is along the same lines.

Also im not sure if we are supposed to cheer for him as such, more pity. it is obi, mace and yoda who will be the actual heros of this film.

remember this is supposed to be a darker film, it cannot be such if all the good guys are purely good and how are we expected to believe his conversion to the dark side if he spends the first two films being saintly.

King Jedi
But Rick McCallum said that Obi-Wan and Anakin become great heroes during the clone wars.

Anakins fall to the dark side is supposed to be a combination of both good and bad things happening to him. According to McCallum the good things are supposed to make him arrogant and pridefull and forget what's important. I always thought that he becomes a hero in the clone wars and that makes him arrogant and makes him think that he doesn't need to learn anymore. "Adventure, excitement, a Jedi need not these things."

Ushgarak
Mind you, he said there were only 3 colours of sabre as well.

yerssot
If it wasn't for SLJ it was going to stay on 3 colors

King Jedi
I think the importance of lightsabre colours and the story of how Anakin turns are a little different. smile

queeq
Quite.

R.C
Short answer, he turns cos he get's frustrated that the universe doesn't turn out how he'd like...

I think they call that BRAT syndrome!!!

jedi212guy
Whether they show a slaughter or merely hint at it, we will know that Anakin is not as pure as Luke was, at least for IV and V.

King Jedi
I'd prefer it if they didn't show it but just made it clear what he did. Leaves more to the imagination.

R.C
Nah, I wanna see it. Some things are just there to be seen.

sand person no. 10
and we need to see more of his dark and evil side if the audience is to believe that this is darth vader

R.C
That's true, his turning has to have demostrable reasons behind it.

queeq
I doubt we will see the slaughter. We may just see him walking off towards the Tuskens, igniting his sabre.

DJ Velocity
I hope we see Ani mulley those scruffy little turds.

He was probably getting his own back on the pricks who shot at him when he was podracingevil face

queeq
That must be the REAL reason. laughing out loud

Ratcat
Maybe the first sladsh of his balde then wipe out to new scene of him walking away.

queeq
Something like that. I'd like to see that actually. I hope they don't cut the scene. Personally I think you'd need that to see Anakin has a choice and has those evil tendencies in him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.