Its Here! Revolutions Review.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HooT

audioheem
w0000000000000000000t!

miggfl
YES MWAM IS DEAD!!!!

audioheem
Come one and all MWAM believers and S U C K M Y F A T C O . . . Oh hi Jedi big grin

miggfl
bwahahaha yep. I always said mwam is complete horse ass. However, knowing that every single thing the architect said is bs, is VERY cool

Evil Dead
"That changed fairly quickly, I felt for Zion, they actually feel like real people this time around (especially ironic given what is revealed 3/4ths the way through) "

hmmmm........I guess that could be construed as lending creedence to the old "it is all a computer simulation" theory which stated that there are no people, everybody is a program..........

audioheem
yeah but it says the matrix within a matrix is not true... and i've already got mouthy about it so sad lol laughing out loud

droopy1592
Well...

fanatos
Some people can talk s***. We'll watch the movie and have our own opinions, won't we? Or my name is Daniel Payne, and it's not.

rysdigital
someone has to say this; have we got any proof that this is genuine?\

i mean, the quote Evil Dead just posted from the article, is like well a huge spoiler; i don't think the wachowski's would appreciate this coming out 2 weeks before the premiere.

Evil Dead
Oh, I agree........the MWAM thing would suck.......

you must have missed the theory that was discussed a few months back......I believe it was on here but maybe it was on The Last Free City's board.

Anywho.....it went something like this.

There are no humans at all. There is no Matrix. There is no real world. There are humans in pods crap. It is all one big computer simulation. All characters inside/outside of "the matrix" are characters inside of the programming. The purpose of the simulation was discussed as being:

A) The machines are trying to further their A.I. so they created human type characters and placed them in human type situations with other characters in hopes of better understanding the inner workings of the human mind.......so they can upgrade their A.I. with this new information about love and whatnot. Basically machines evolving.

B) The entire story is a simulation created by Humans. There was no war. Neo is actually a machine which is being fed this "simulation" so he can better understand humans and appreciate them. Speculation was that Neo is actually B166ER and this is the "prison for his mind" discussed in the Animatrix episodes of Second Renn. .......this ofcourse would be his rehabilitation.......to teach him to value human life and why it was wrong to kill his master........also to teach him what could become of the world if behavior like his towards humans were to continue.

The discussion was nothing like the MWAM theory.
How can there be a Matrix if there are no humans? How can there be a Matrix within a Matrix if there is no matrix?

Anyway.....it was a theory discussed months ago. The whole "they actually feel like real people this time around (especially ironic given what is revealed 3/4ths the way through)" got me thinking about it again. That quote seems to imply that they are not real people........ since we know the MWAM theory is false, it would seem to leave only one other theory that I've seen discussed to be probable.

audioheem
I don't actually believe it's 100% real, hence my jokey jokes stick out tongue

audioheem
Y'know EvilDead, I would so hate if there was no Matrix and it was just all a big program. That's like, "...and he woke up in the morning and realised it was all a dream. Then he went to school and lived happily ever after." Plus then, where would The Matrix Online go? I seriously am feeling a bit queasy thinking that it's all just a big program by machines to investigate the human psyche. sad

Evil Dead
I do not know if this is real or not. I never read any of it untill the originator of this thread posted it.

I'm only saying that IF IT IS true........that's the only conclusion I can draw from the statements made in the originator's first post.

Could very well be completely fabricated. I'm not going to stake my life on any "reviews" untill Nov. 5 when I come on here and review it for you guys. (first showing is at 1 p.m. eastern time here so I should be able to post a review by 4 p.m. or so)

miggfl
Harry Knowles wouldn't put up reviews if they weren't real.
Except for the few instances where he recieves studio plant reviews, which he can't control. And I sincerely doubt that revolutions requires any "plants" to generate positive hype.

Also, studios often only use one plant at a time, not three. And from what I've heard on other message boards, there REALLY was an NYC screening of the movie, so, the first bits of the public truly HAVE seen revolutions now.

miggfl
"I seriously am feeling a bit queasy thinking that it's all just a big program by machines to investigate the human psyche."

Its not. The guy in one of the reviews says that smith is taking over all of the bodies in the matrix and ruining the power supply for the machines. It isn't about investigation it really is about power. The naysayers who didn't want to believe it was cold fusion the machines were using, will have to just move aside along with the mwam folks.

I also don't think we need to infer that the people of zion are machines either. I think my original theory that zion is just another form of control, in the concept of religion, heaven, etc, may hold some water though. I think they are sheep being herded, but not machines.

Evil Dead
""...and he woke up in the morning and realised it was all a dream. Then he went to school and lived happily ever after."

I agree to an extent.........but you must realize the movies focus alot on philosophy. Maybe what happened in the program/dream isn't what is important.........maybe it is what was learned from the program/dream that matters.

also........I just thought of this.

If this old theory proves to be true.......this would explain alot about the "path" of the one.......and how the Oracle knows it. Also explains the whole "choice is an illusion" issue. It it's all a simulation, ofcourse the path is already set and the oracle knows it........ofcourse everything is predetermined and the programs like the Keymaker are "only doing what they're meant to do"........

DARKVIRUS
Nice...I havent believed much of the spoiler post...but this seem's coo', it's not a spoiler as much as it is a vauge overview of what ppl have seen.

I KNEW THE KISS HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH NEO GETTING TRAPPED......MUAHAHAHAHAHA. No mention of the twins....dammit! >.<

rysdigital
i guess we'll just have to wait until november 5th and see what happens.

Celsius
What a bunch of horse raddish!! FAKENESS!!!!!!! No WAY theyll release this film two week before the set world release date. HORSE RADDISH I TELLS YA!!!!

droopy1592
Persephone has STDs and she trapped Neo in Limbo with a kiss.

Celsius
Well written though, I must admit.

Celsius
OMG LMAO laughing out loud

But I always had a feeling about that kiss........I mean.....in the game.....why the hell would she want to kiss a woman? I think theres more to this kiss then meets the eye.....

droopy1592
I always thought it was some type of Simulation or test by Humans to see what would happen if AI was released into the world.

Celsius
Why didnt she ask for more? Like blow........blink

audioheem
This has kinda diverted hasn't it... stick out tongue

miggfl
Um, its obvious some of you guys are not familiar with the movie industry. We are only 2 weeks away from the premiere of revolutions. This is actually LATE for there to be screeners. Quite often, unfinished copies of movies are shown to audiences for test screenings. At worst, usually within a month, SOME people have seen it. For it to be only 2 weeks out, this is a very late screening to be the first touch with the public.

Also, you guys are obviously not familiar with aint it cool news. They have been around a LONG time. I can vouch for the sites authenticity, I've been reading it myself for 2 years. Harry doesn't post BS. They had a screener review of matrix reloaded like 3 weeks before it played, by a guy named neil cumpston. Hence the reference in his foreword.

This is the real deal, and its funny watching you guys scramble around denying that anyones seen the movie.

Ginerninja
Man i didnt want to read it all as i felt leaving some open to see was the best thing to do.... But i had to read it, i was so intrigued. Jesus if this is the real thing, man i cant wait to watch this movie. Well done HooT for not telling us, and im glad the MWAM bullshit is false...Man i would have personally killed the Brothers if that was true big grin

droopy1592
So does that mean they are really AI or Machines trapped by humans to show them what struggle the humans would be going through?

DARKVIRUS
miggfl: you are absolutely right...I live in new york and there is this theatre called the ziegfield theatre were all the big premieres happen and ppl wait for weeks to get their star wars tickets. Anywayz to get to the point one time I went to this theatre three weeks before episode 2 was going to debut, to stand on line for tickets, and there was this huge line...I asked if they were here for tickets and they replied "no, we are here to see the movie this is a special press screening".

It does happen folks dont be jealous because you dont have the connections to get into them...just realize that the countdown is on! and before you know it we will all know how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Dryden
well this is still not a standard move release. The 2nd and 3rd movies were supposed to be one sequel...so I am guessing they didnt plan on it ending up like this. But yeah, I understand where you're coming from.

silverbullet
##EDIT - Link now posted. Thanks Droopy1592.##

Just read the reviews. Interesting to say the least. Obviously they aren't giving too much away, but.... it does remind me of a Matrix theory i read on the web a few weeks ago.

I was going to link to the theory. Unfortunately i can't due to me being a new member. I think it is defitnely worth a read though, so if a senior member wants to PM me i will let them know the link so they can post it.

miggfl
silverbullet, just edit your existing post and put the link in big grin
trust me wink

droopy1592
http://zionmainframe.*********19.com/index.cgi?board=3s&action=display&num=1064249377

from silverbullet

silverbullet
Will be interested to hear peoples thoughts about the theory. Yes, i know there are holes in it (end of M1 EMP burst for starters), buts it an interesting read nevertheless.

Sifer
Where's Jedi - He musn't be happy that there is no MWAM smile

JediHDM
well, i must admit, an interesting theory, but flawed nonetheless...he's using flawed logic and/or inaccurate examples to prove his point...until the flaws, i almost believed it...

silverbullet
JediHDM - Ditto to your comments.

droopy1592
Yeah, EMP is a big issue there. It doesn't make sense at all (the EMP part). I think the purpose defined names are just character development.

There are some good points but I'm not exactly buying it.

JediHDM
the only way the EMP thing would work is, if the programming of the EMP is such that it shorts the "Machines" and does nothing to "humans" which still doesn't explain Neo falling into coma...I think that Smith found someway to make his body "seem" like its in a coma, cause i think hes fakin...And if Neo realized some of the truth, that the "real world" isnt real, that would be sufficient enough to cause Neo to fall into coma, without the whole Neo shorted himself thing...

Sifer
http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=16340

NO MWAM - O F F I C I A L

Korri
eek!

forumcrew
i really just dont know what to think... what happens in zion!? ahh i cant take much more of these forums.. must see movie !

JediHDM
OH GOD!!! so perhaps it IS true, however, that "spoiler" (not Sifers, the other one) was poorly written, used examples that didnt pertain...

deathvegetable
Aint It Cool News has showed me the correct plot outlines for Star Wars Episode 2 and Matrix reloaded. They do not lie. But they did give T3 a positive review which saddeness me...

Sifer
Well, T3 was good. The acting was as bad as in the original 2 (good), the action was as amazing as it was in the last 2 films (good), and the story was just as involving as the previous 2 films...again, another good thing. Oh, the camera use was very good, the CG was quite impressive...

Ok, back to the Matrix. Yeah, AICN don't lie, but let's be honest, they couldn't review a movie to save their lives (although I agree on the T3 review big grin). Here is an example of why they can't review (specifically that fat ginger bastard, Harry (no offense to any fat or ginger people here big grin)):

He didn't like Reloaded because it never shown werewolves and vampires etc.

My case rests...

JediHDM
wow, thats a pretty skimpy reason not to like a movie...

spydar1982
i was too scared to read any of the post in fear that there might be spoilers? I am fighting the temptation to read. I have already seen that MWAM is possibly dead. Should I read it?...

Sifer
Believe me, that is why he disliked it in his original view. Now he uses (months after its review) reasons other critics didn't like it to strengthen his point. He's a......***, to put it bluntly.

JediHDM
it doesnt "reveal" anything, more than we already know because of BTS vids and such, but it "alludes" to something...so, if you wanna be TOTALLY surprised, dont read

tshirt
i was too scared to read any of the post in fear that there might be spoilers? I am fighting the temptation to read. I have already seen that MWAM is possibly dead. Should I read it?...

I read up to where it says "Spoiler Warning" at this point, I don't doubt some of these spoilers are true. There are press junkets and other screenings. There are people who know the plot, or key parts of it. People who might not have said something on a message board 3 months or 3 weeks ago, but who are willing to do so now, or in the next two weeks.

I am going to be reading very lightly for the next few weeks. Only things with no obviousl spoilers is all I am going to read. It hurts, but I do not need to have the moive ruined by some smack who posts a spoiler.

realworlddreams
i dont care if anyone ses anything, this is not legit until the movie's out an i see it for myself, n then i can make it anything i want it too. I THINK NEO's A SENTINEL! j/k

FallenForever
wow, if that guy is lying, then he did a really good job. i read the whole thing anyway, but i really am going to have to stop reading these things if there are anymore. i dont want to know too much. i hope this guy wasnt lying tho. i want to love revolutions as much as he did.

miggfl
it wasn't one guy, there were three individual reviews.

the question of aicn's authenticity is not at stake. period.
for there to be three fake reviews all recieved within 24 hours of a matrix screening in nyc would be ... stupid?

droopy1592
EMP wouldn't effect humans anyway. I mean, they used EMP in the first movie when the Sentinels WERE IN THE SHIP and it didn't effect NEO so there is no way that they are machines. They may be programmed humans, but that doesn't seem likely. There is something else going on.

Sifer
As soon as the premiere comes, I aint coming back until the night of the 5th...I really don't want to be spoiled big time smile

audioheem
When's the big premiere.. I think I'll follow suit Sifer.

HexSintax
sneak peak for me, woo, ill ruin it for everyone before the night of the 4th! haha, ya! tehe, im just kiddin about the ruining it for ya part

AliasNeo15
i think the moment i hear about premieres, im not coming here until i see the movie twice, cus i know there's going to be someone here that knows every answer to every problem i dont get.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.