Nirvana

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pablo007
Man I love this band, they have the greatest songs.

Smells Like Teen Spirit, Come As You Are, Rape Me, All Apologies, In Bloom, Lithium and then we got surprised with You Know You're Right.

wicker_man
Nirvana (along with Limp Bizkit and RHCP) are one of my all time favs, they were a true stepping stone in the grunge movement and Kurt Cobain is a true rock icon who's influential ways have inspired a number of todays rock stars. But what most people forget is the Nirvana was not just Kurt but also Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl without Krist and Dave Nirvana would have not been the band we know today.

Bad Boy
I've never understood the craze on Nirvana! They always seemed like a fashion band to me!

Their music is hardly mind-blowing!

Tex
I love Nirvana...but the only reason they and Kurt are so respected is that they died during their absolute high. If Kurt had lived I'm sure Nirvana would have faded into oblivion like The Pumpkins.

Killer
i just now (well a few days ago) have gotten into them... LONG LIVE KURT!

Tex
He was worm food years ago, he's all bones now!

Killer
he was krematted (sp?) buddy...

RIO
i read the book 'heavier than heaven.' and after reading it, i was able to appreciate cobain as an artist and understand his life a bit better. the reason i read the book and other things on him in the first place...was because i could never stand nirvana's music other than the song, 'heart-shaped box.' he was a brilliant artist (as far as his mind) but i don't think he's that great of a guitar player (#12 on rolling stone's greatest???um...no) but i really like the band name, NIRVANA..and i payed more attention to the lyrics and what they stood for in those moments of his life. still, i don't dig all the songs very much, but i am mostly intrigued by cobain's life.

Evil Dead
One of my favorite bands ever...............

If you havn't heard it, check out the song Curmudgeon.......it's the B-side on the Lithium single. ......so odd it's great.

a fashion band? Are you f------ kidding me? You must not have been into the music scene 12-13 years ago........I'm guessing you're a teenager who grew up when rap began domination the music scene. Talk about fashion bands.......I never saw them selling anything but t-shirts..........no Rocca Wear, No Limit clothing, Sean John, Wu-Tang, Ruff Riders......nothing like that. They weren't a sell out whores. That is the reason Kurt offed himself. The world wanted them to be some big, famous, ultra-hip rock band........and he was just into having fun playing gigs with the guys.

As for Kris and Dave......yes, they had alot to do with the music......ofcourse so did the other 10 (yes ten) former band members of Nivana (total of 13)........alot of the songs were written in the eighties. Bleach is still my favorite album and Dave wasn't even a member of the band. Chad Channing held the drums down pretty well on that album.

julibug
All I know is that my husband teaches guitar, and just about every other student that comes in wants to learn to play Nirvana. I think they are just as loved now as they were 12 years ago!

Tex
laughing out loud

Bad Boy
There too basic for me!!!

Curl_Up&Dye
Kurt Cobain was cremated, and his ashes were scattered in the Wishka (Sp?) river that runs through Seattle.

"Where Did You Sleep Last Night"/ "Jesus Don't Want Me for a Sunbeam"...my current two favorite Nirvana songs off the Live: Unplugged in New York CD. I yanked it out from my cd case a couple weeks ago and it still hasn't left my cd player.

blakangel
where did you sleep last night?/rape me... are probably my fave Nirvana songs.....

but if another person tries to tell me they started Grunge or they were the most influential band behind it Im gonna scream. Yes they were pretty influential; probably to the more erm younger generation but a avid grunge fan tends to dislike Nirvana..... well its something Ive noticed.

But Kurt never wanted the amount of fans and publicity he recieved. sad He was just as happy performing infront of a hundred people as he was of thousands of people, thats why I probably respect him as an artist.

Evil Dead
I've never met anybody who claimed to be a "grunge" fan. "grunge" is a word created by the media to describe rock n roll bands who were not the standard pop metal bands of the day. Anybody who says they are a "grunge" fan is obviously a poser.........most fans of Alice in Chains, Mudhoney, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins,etc. will tell you they are rock n roll fans. I guess you had to be around the music scene at the time........you won't find many articles on the internet about the subject.

My favorite song off the MTV Unplugged session is The Man who sold the World.............great, great, great cover..........even if Kurt did mess the lyrics up.

real lyrics:
"a gazed a gazeless stare......at all the millions there I must have died alone....a long long time ago"

wrong lyrics on album:
"a gazed a glazeless stare....we walked a million years I must have died alone....a long long time ago"...........

He did that on a couple of the cover songs as he was reading the lyrics off of the piece of paper on the stand in front of him.

Curl_Up&Dye
Mudhoney did like a cameo in Black Sheep for about a minute lol. Then Chris Farley yelled kill whitey

LindsIsTightK
Kurt Cobain and the rest of Nirvana actually originated from where I am from. I have actually been to where Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love once lived, and my father went to Kurt Cobain's memorial service down in Seattle when he died.
I love a lot of their music, I would have to say that their Unplugged in New York Special was one of my favorite things they ever did.

pablo007
Yeah Kurt kicked ass with All Apologies there and yeah Nirvana originated from Seattle.

LindsIsTightK
I liked Pennyroyal Tea and The Man Who Sold the World the best I think

BackFire
I always thought Nirvana was over rated.

LindsIsTightK
Well I do think they are slightly overrated, but I still the think they rock rock

DemonicGambit
I like Nirvana, good band

Bad Boy
4 chords, simple rhythms....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

blakangel
haven't you heard kurt cobain was one of the greatest guitarists ever? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bad Boy
Yeah I did hear that! Nearly choked at the same time!

Curl_Up&Dye
Although I have the utmost respect for Kurt, he is not one of the greatest guitarists of all time. However as far as the " 4 chords...zzzzzzzz" comment goes.... He wasn't playing to be flashy or famous, he was playing because it was what he loved, and he wanted other people to enjoy it too. It was the simplicity in the melodies that made the songs so great to listen to and learn to play.

Bad Boy
I understand your point and accept it! Yeah it was kinda unfair for me to say so. I just like my music to be musically imaginative and complex.

diegocala
And all heart

julibug
Now, see - this is a civilized discussion amongst people of different opinions. Bravo!

cermiestar
ok, Nirvana were a great band. But they weren't THE best. I don't believe they would be as famous today if Kur hadn't killed himself/was murdered. I jsut get annoyed with them winning all these "greatest" band things in magazines and on MTV or whatever......

now i'm gooing to get hate mail :$

diegocala
Bleach is the best album everhttp://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/rockon.gif

Thing_1
Nirvana is a great band.Silver and Heart-Shaped Box are 2 of my favorite songs.Kurt put all of his heart into his music and that's what made his songs so great.I must admit,though,if Kurt hadn't killed himself I probably would be listening to them now or know who they were.

julibug
Sooo, how many of you remember what you were doing when you heard about Kurt's suicide? I was sitting at my desk at my boring job at a hardwood floor showroom about to fall asleep from boredom when the guy on the radio came on with the breaking news. (Of course, I also remember where I was when they announced Elvis' death...)

Thing_1
I was 5 or 6 so I don't really remember

Evil Dead
Ofcourse Nirvana was one of the best bands ever........how anybody can dispute this I'll never understand.

Name another band who changed the music industry.........had so many different types of fans that a new genre had to be created to describe their music. They were punk.......they were rock.......they were folk....they were metal.......they were hard rock.........they were Nirvana.

Who else has done this? The Who? no........Led Zeppin? no........The Beatles?.....yes........The Doors? no..............

I challenge anybody to name another band who has done this. Being alone in a category with the Beatles is not a bad place to be........

The only people I've talked to who dispute Nirvana being one of the best bands ever or who think they are over rated are kids. Kids who were not around when Nirvana was. Kids who were in Kindergarten at the time who are now listening to Nelly, 50 Cent, and N'SYNC. No respect for the past I say.............let me guess......Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Johnny Cash are all over rated to.

cermiestar
that's a little unfair. i just don't think they were a really great live band or would have been as famous if not for Kurt's death. And maybe i was in kindergarten at the time he died and i don't agree with you but i don't listen to awful music - nelly, 50 cent, and n'sync. i personally can't stand it.

Thing_1
I was in Kindergarten and I don't listen to any of the people u just named off cuz they're all fake and shallow or at least that's what I think.I love nirvana and Johnny cash and I'm only 14

el_barto
nirvana kicked ass but kirt cobaine comited suicide was just the let down of every teenager in the 90's

Evil Dead
agreed............it was a great disapointment to an entire generation. There is however dispute over whether he actually committed suicide or not. Some of the "evidence" that he didn't commit suicide is as follows:

- Had an ungodly ammount of heroin in his system.......enough kill an entire herd of cattle seconds after injecting them.

- no fingerprints on the trigger of the shotgun (really odd that somebody would be worried about leaving their fingerprint on the trigger while killing themself)

- A man who played in some band (can't recall his or the band's name....he was interviewed on the documentary "Kurt and Courtney"wink said that Courtney Love had contacted him to kill Kurt Cobain. The man died two weeks later.......was hit by a train. Seems like somebody would get off of the tracks when they heard the whistle blowing unless they were unable.

- Kurt's "suicide note" mentions nothing of suicide untill the last paragraph..........which was written in different ink than the rest of the letter and experts have said the handwriting was also not the same handwriting the rest of the letter was written in.

- Kurt's friends say that he was getting ready to divorce Courtney Love.......she was too over bearing and was keeping him addicted to heroin......so he was getting away from her.

ofcourse he had also taken an overdose of pills a few weeks earlier........was this an earlier attempt at suicide or just an accident?

Bad Boy
Led Zepplin blow Nirvana away!!!

Curl_Up&Dye
More Kurt suicide facts:

He supposedly shot himself in the face with a double barrel shotgun. This meant that he would have to balance the butt of the gun between his feet and pull the trigger with his toes. He could have done it...if he wasn't wearing sneakers.

The weapon was found lying next to him...even the kickback from a double barrel shotgun couldn't do that.

Something isn't right about his supposed "suicide". I wish someone would reopen the case and bag that b!tch.

Thing_1
^ i agree!!!

diegocala
Grandma take me home!

Evil Dead
yes........the song Sliver is great.

incuhead1024
Nirvana is amazing. There's no other way to explain it. Every song by him is great and he's a mixture of it all, no one will ever be able to top them.

Lames.s.
I keep seeing posts with people raving about Nirvana.....enough already!!! They were good, but not that good and they certainly were not as influential as some folks claim. They DID NOT start the grunge movement.

O.K.....I feel better.

total metalhead
so what? doesn't mean we have to 'get over them'. i don't care what they did or didn't start, there still a classic band, and even though im not there biggest fan, i can still recognise them as quality.

Curl_Up&Dye
What are you 12 years old or something? Nobody will ever 'get over' Nirvana. And they were as influential as everyone says they are, because it is the listener's opinion that makes them what they are today. I'll admit they did not start the grunge movement, but can you honestly pinpoint the band that did? Because I would certainly like to know who it was. The grunge movement was only maybe 6 years long, and although you might not want to admit it, grunge died when Kurt did.

Evil Dead
Yes they were as influential as people say...........

Yes they did lead the Seattle invasion, opening the door for smaller acts to get recognition.......without them you probably would have never heard of Mudhoney, Sonic Youth, the Meat Puppets and quite possibly Alice in Chains or Pearl Jam.

No, there has never been a such thing as a "grunge movement"........

Yes...you probably weren't even around at the time and are just speaking on things you know nothing about which happens alot on here. Listening to music made 13 years ago when you have no idea of what music was like during and before the time and probably not society at large.

OK........I feel better.

total metalhead
i'm only 15 but i was still brought up with Piece of Cake (Mudhoney) and BloodSugarSexMagik (Red Hot Chili Peppers) as well as Metallica and Pearl Jam and all that great stuff of the late 80's early 90's, and almost every one, whether in there album covers, in TV interviews or even in their song lyrics accredited some of there success to Nirvana. I even heard Rage Against the Machine and Kid Rock have given tribute to them.

Not influential? are stoned out of your head buddy?

Lames.s.
Check your facts before you post evil...Soundgarden was the first popular "grunge" type band out of Seattle. Nirvana became the MOST popular. Pearl Jam hit around the same time as Nirvana. Neal Young can certainly get some credit for the musical direction of some of those bands. And by the way, I bought Metallica's Ride the Lightning when it came out so I think I have been around long enough to form a semi intelligent opinion whether or not anyone else agrees with me.

Lames.s.
By the way, grunge did not die with Kurt. The genra was on life support at the time. Most bands that were considered grunge had already started to change their musical direction.

I also want to clarify that I do like Nirvana's music, I just dont think that they are as god-like as people make them out to be.

loserib
i like alice n chains way better then nirvana

Bad Boy
They never inspired me!

Difrycheulyd
Ive always wondered to what point do we define a artist/band becomes god(s)..... we all have are own opinion on things. 'God' is a word that I think is used out of context in this word..... sometimes I dont know how to gather what their true meaning on the world actually is.

Im not a Nirvana fan; they were nothing fantastic. Kurt was a talented vocalist/song writer. He had guts as an artist; well until he killed himself as in all honesty that doesn't show guts.

THey made some great music; the band will stand the test of time. But the problem is it will because although many deny it their true popularity (from esspecially angst teens) sprung up from his suicide.

They esspecially did not start this so called 'grunge' movement. But if they did/did not start it does it make them any less important?

Kurt has some very great messages in his songs though (that are still significant to people in the world today); that is probably another reason why they'll also stand the test of time.

Lames.s.
Well put

in flames
Alice In Chains...ENOUGH SAID!!

Evil Dead
actually Lames.......I think you need to take your memory in and have it serviced as it is beginning to stall on you.

Soundgarden did not become popular untill their album Superunknown came out in '94, one month before Kurt's death. They gained in popularity due largely to the constant radio/MTV play of the songs/videos Spoon man and Black Hole Sun. Before that you would have been hard pressed to find anybody outside of the northwest who had even heard of them.

Pearl Jam's "Ten" came out in '91. They released the video to "Even Flow" not long after. Nothing happened. The song/video/band went nowhere. A few months later Nirvana released Nevermind and the first single/video off of the album "Smells Like Teen Spirit"....and it blew the f-ck up. With talk of Nirvana and the Seattle music scene that had created them everywhere Pearl Jam then released the video/single for "Jeremy", which gained in popularity making the band a house hold name.

I'll state this a bit more clearly for you........there were no big seattle based bands in the early nineties before Nirvana. All were unknown. Nirvana blew up and the spotlight was cast on Seattle......this lead to many other bands gaining recognition and fame. None were more successfull than Nirvana, the band who led the Seattle invasion.....the first.....the best.......the best selling.....the most widely listened to.....the most famous.

As I said........either you have a bad memory, or you weren't around the music scene in the early nineties.

"But the problem is it will because although many deny it their true popularity (from esspecially angst teens) sprung up from his suicide."

now that is just assinine........Nirvana was the best selling band WORLDWIDE the 3 years preceeding Kurt's death.........but their popularity came from his death? Really.....I guess 500 million people were all psychic. Perhaps you need to go to Billboard's website and look at the best selling albums and singles for 91-93.........you will find "Nevermind", "In Utero", "Incesticide", "Smells Like Teen Spirit", "Lithium", "In Bloom", "Heart Shaped Box" all right there in black and white........occupying the number one spot.

Korri
love them!!!!

Bad Boy
We've got enough Nirvana threads!!!

diegocala
Get a mod job stick out tongue

Evil Dead
There can never be too many Nirvana threads..............

el_barto
go nirvana go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rock rock rock rock rock rock rock

Lames.s.
Actually, I think either it is your memory that has failed you or you were living in a friggin' cave. You dont remember albums called Facelift by Alice in Chains in 1990 or Badmotorfinger by Soundgarden released in 1991? Those do qualify as being in the early 90's do they not? The singles Man in the Box, Rusty Cage, and Outshined were all over the radio in NY, which if my geography is correct, is in the Northeast. MTV was pumping them up as being the biggest bands out of Seattle, the new music Mecca (until the single Smells Like Teen Spirit broke through and they then did a complete 180 to support Nirvana). Radio stations were changing their formats from metal or country to alternative. Alice in Chains was first, but sadly is never acknowledged because of Nirvana's popularity and marketability. Nirvana may have been the best selling...and most famous, but they certainly were not first.
Also, none of these bands would have been anything special if not for the population being really sick to death of the over the top antics and excesses of many of the hair bands of the time. People wanted something else, timing was everything.

ragesRemorse
wow this is probably the most pointless thread i have ever seen, even more pointless than the "who likes cheese" thread. I mean how in the hell are you gonna bash a band just because it has so many fans? If your a fan of somthing your not supposed to forget about it. Yeah and maybe Nirvana diddnt start the Punk,Grunge thing. But they sure gave it life,and intrest. It's sort of life when the USA joined the space race program, we took somthing off of the RUssians and made it better.

finti

finti
allready are

BackFire
Never cared for Nirvana.

Evil Dead
and they never cared for you.

Evil Dead
"Actually, I think either it is your memory that has failed you or you were living in a friggin' cave. You dont remember albums called Facelift by Alice in Chains in 1990 or Badmotorfinger by Soundgarden released in 1991? Those do qualify as being in the early 90's do they not? The singles Man in the Box, Rusty Cage, and Outshined were all over the radio in NY, which if my geography is correct, is in the Northeast. MTV was pumping them up as being the biggest bands out of Seattle, the new music Mecca (until the single Smells Like Teen Spirit broke through and they then did a complete 180 to support Nirvana). Radio stations were changing their formats from metal or country to alternative. Alice in Chains was first, but sadly is never acknowledged because of Nirvana's popularity and marketability. Nirvana may have been the best selling...and most famous, but they certainly were not first.
Also, none of these bands would have been anything special if not for the population being really sick to death of the over the top antics and excesses of many of the hair bands of the time. People wanted something else, timing was everything."

You are dumb. Nobody ever said Alice in Chains or Soundgarden weren't around before Nirvana's fame....or that they didn't have albums. Merely that they weren't famous......and they weren't. Both had albums before Nevermind came out....hell, Nirvana had an album and an assload of singles out before Nevermind....they just weren't famous.

Go look at Billboard.com's music charts for the time periods.......show me a number one album by Soundgarden or Alice N Chains before Nirvana blew up and made the Seattle scene famous. You can't because it is non-existant. Just because you knew who they were doesn't mean the rest of the world did. So you like Soungarden's "Badmotorfinger"......me too.....it's a great album. Did it make them famous? No. They weren't selling out world tours......they weren't the best selling band in the U.S., much less Germany, Japan, Austalia, the United Kingdom, etc. They were just a band with a good ablum out.........they were by no means famous. Just because the band Nada Surf had a video on MTV called "popular" doesn't make them famous.......it makes them a non-famous band with a video getting a little air play on MTV. Hell.....Sonic Youth had two videos on MTV in the eighties, were they famous? Did they lead the Seattle invasion? No....and no. They were just a small time band with their own local following who had a song on the radio/mtv......just as Alice N Chains and Soundgarden.

finiti........."Thing with Nirvana is they struck gold early on in their career and the wild lifestyle of Kurt made him a teen icon"

That is a statement made out of ignorance............Nirvana had already been around 10 years, had released a full length album 2 years prior(Bleach), had released numerous singles, and had gone through 9 different members before they became famous for "Nevermind". I know you probably didn't know this because you're not a fan but a bit of research on the subject you are talking about never hurts.

in flames
dame how this band is overrated..i like them..but you talk about them like there the best band to ever hold instruments..(green river/pearl jam) are better bands!

Evil Dead
No.......the best band to ever hold instruments is Creedence Clearwater Revival...........Nirvana was just the biggest/most influential........they changed the entire music industry with the drop of one album......the only other band in history to do this was the Beatles...........not bad company to keep.

Any band who can revolutionize a mutli-billion dollar industry with one album isn't over rated............

Curl_Up&Dye
Nirvana kicks ass.

Curl_Up&Dye
Lames.s. youre fighting a losing battle, because obviously you have no idea what you are talking about.
Evil Dead is right, a little bit of research couldn't hurt. but then i guess complete ignorance overrides everything doesn't it?

finti
laughing out loud laughing out loud

well they sure made rock go back to their roots when rock was moving away from the forces that made that music possible. (lot of experimental music in the late 60`s)
But they never change the entire music history at all, there were several factors to this change in which CCR was a big part but not a sole reason.

loserib
black sabbath are another band that changed music they single handedly made heavy metal

finti
well there is a lot of blues in the foirst Sabbath albums.

Sabbath were very influential in Heavy Metal indeed but they werent alone. Zeppelin displayed a heavy rock feature earlier than Sabbath did but Sabbath developed a darker sound , more morbid. So we can say that a combination of Zeppelins and Sabbath laid the blueprint of that style of music. With this said though we have to consider those Hard Rock bands as well, it is often very hard to tell where the dividing line between hard rock and heavy metal is, but a part of the progressive hard rock scene cant go without mentioning Deep Purple.

loserib
good point deep purple and zeplen deserve credit

finti
thing is I saw Nirvana live before they broke through with Nevermind. They palyed some tunes from Nevermind though and what stuck with those of us who saw them was that their tune Come As You are were a completly rip off of Killings Joke`s tune "80`s" from their 1985 Night Time album.

Cobain teamed up with Novoselic in 1985 so that makes it 4 years prior of their debut album and 6 years before Nevermind. So the reasearch never hurts aint a bad thing , you should try it
Actually Nirvana was called Skid Row before they deceided on Nirvana, Cobain played drums while Novoselic was on bass. They rotated through numeros guitarist before they deceided on Cobain should sing and play guitar. They took the name Nirvana in 1987.

That quote holds ground cause they broke through with their second album two years after their debut album so yes it must be considered early on in their career. Most bands have a pre history but it is all a road towards the final product.

finti
nah Nevermind is as refreshing today as it was in 1991, if you want to liven up a party put on Smells like teen spirit

Korri
exactly!!

finti
one is enough

el_barto
nirvana is the best if only kurt wouldnt have comited suicide hhhhhhhmmmm

finti
the suicide made him an icon, now he is linked with artist like Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and the newest man added to that list Jeff Buckley. All of this have this mysterious aura about them.

Not that I didnt mentioned Janis Joplin, cause if there ever was an overrated artist janis is it

Nirvana37365
hi evryone am a new baby on this so i suck!

in flames
over-rated !!!

lil bitchiness
I agree with Finiti...Im afraid to say, but Nirvana, although they were good, they weren't the best..it was Kurts suicide that brought Nirvana where it is now....

Bands like 'Sound Garden and 'Perl Jam' were grungde, same as Nirvana, and i think were amazing, but they never got the recognition Nirvana did...

Jeff_Atello
It was not Kurt's "suicide(murder)" that got Nirvana where they are. They were famous already. Anyway, there is no denying how inspirational they were.

total metalhead
yes they were famous before Kurt's death, but they're no way as inspirational as people think they were. firstly, they haven't produced anywhere near enough material to truly fullfil they're potential or influence as widely as is generally believed, also, as much as people may shout me down, Nirvana we're actually kind of a copycat band. They used to hang around with the real inventors of grunge, a band many people forget about. Mudhoney. it was just that Nirvana became huge because they took Mudhoney's style and made it a more radio-friendly sound. im not saying thats a bad thing, im just saying that all in all, many of these people who say they were influenced by Nirvana often mean (without knowing it) that they were actually more influenced by bands like Mudhoney or Pearl Jam. its just like lils said, those bands didnt get as much recognition, mainly because Nirvana produced one of the biggest selling albums of all time (but by no means the best album of all time) and of course their lead singer was killed.

im not saying this to spite their legacy, im a big fan of Nirvana, but my point is that Nirvana were not as inspirational and ahead of their time as people think, and no matter what the fans say, we all know that Nirvana wouldnt be as massive if Kurt was still alive today. to put it simply, Nirvana are overrated. they were a very good band, but they've only produced two truly excellent albums, which isnt enough to make them a great band.

ElectricBugaloo
if you want to talk about a copycat band, mention Alice in Chains

total metalhead
yeah but like Nirvana, Alice In Chains were very good. i suppose its not always bad to be a copycat band...

VilleValo462
who did they copy cat off of ?

ElectricBugaloo
i just think it's funny that Alice in Chains was a glam rock band....heh....

VilleValo462
i thought AIC was pretty good

total metalhead
yeah they were, and they werent glam rock

VilleValo462
glam rock is like Twisted Sister and shit

ElectricBugaloo
they were before they changed their sound when grunge started to become popular...

VilleValo462
what CD did they have out that wasnt grunge ?

ElectricBugaloo
their early demos were glam, they didn't release a glam album

total metalhead
thank the lord. i hate glam rock so bad it hurts.

ElectricBugaloo
...but the point is that Alice In Chains are bandwagoners

Jeff_Atello
But see, Kurt was going to quit Nirvana, and that's what the beginning of the "suicide note" was supposed to be, an explanation. So when you think about it, Nirvana would have been just as famous because they would have died no matter what.

SexyJacobSmith
nirvana like so rock rock

PippinTook
There's a Music forum for a reason. blink

LoSt_
This needs to be in the music forum.

Patient_Leech
Still one of the best live concerts ever...

QVlo81A5mHc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.