Help!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
This is for any technical genuises out there.

What would I need to transfer VHS tapes onto a C.D? And how much would it cost?

Texas
They have these machines that I see at BestBuy and Circuit City, and all those other electronic stores, that look like big VCR's and they transfer VHS to CD, there like $500.

Dim
This is a question for queeq...

queeq
Is it???

Well, I haven't ever done that. But I reckon you need to do this via the computer. In that case you need two things: video input on your computer by either RGB or BNC cable. And therefor you need a videocard that handles that.

And then you need a programme like Adobe Premiere (which is the easiest and cheapest to get, another is Final Cut Pro) where you can transfer it to an AVI-file, Quick-Time file or something like that.

I have ways of doing this at work using a professional AVID editing set up. Although I never do it actually, but I could.

R.C
Ahem! Step aside Dutchboy.........

OK, you need the following;

Computer
Video Card with video in capability (Plenty Available. ATI have a good selection, at reasonable prices. I'd suggest something with straigh 3 phono composite like the ATI-TV WONDER .
A Stereo Soundcard, Creative labs or similar.
A VCR with either Phono or Scart Out
CD Burner

Once you have fitted the kit into the PC and installed the software, it's just a case of connecting the VCR to the Video in and Sound in and you're all set.

The ATI cards come with software to allow you to record the inputs to an AVI or MPG file, MPG can generally be played through a DVD player.

Once you have captured you video to file, burn that file to CD.

King Jedi
Thanks everybody. I have most of that stuff already so I should be able to do it.

I use Avid at college but the scrooges won't let me use it for "home use". mad

queeq
Tell them it's business then. big grin

King Jedi
Damm, your right. smile

queeq
Always glad I could help out. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.