Whats the most exspensif movie ever made?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord_Andres
Whats the most exspensif movie ever made?

slave_chimp
Im pretty sure its not the most expensive movie by numbers of all time, but Cleopatra, when it was made, its budget was extremely huge, and was the most expensive at the time. IF you factor in the fact how old it is, i think Cleopatra is the most expensive

Kes
Cool. How much was it?

SaTsuJiN
probably final fantasy spirits within. I mean in terms of production cost to gross earnings ratio

Production cost : $137,000,000

Earnings in U.S. : $32,131,830

World wide : $74,400,000

I think Titanic is the only thing that came close to cleopatra which had a production cost of $200,000,000 but it raked in a hefty $1,835,400,000 worldwide big grin

heres the url I got the info from : http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/records/budgets.html

slave_chimp
not sure, but a sh1t load, especailly cause they had a star-studded cast, and tons and tons of extras

CandyKoRn
wooooowwww... almost 2 billion .. that is feckloadsa cash... dude....

Ushgarak
200 million, not 2 billion- it made alsmost 2 billion worldwide.

Waterworld cost a bomb, I seem to remember.

Kes
Yeh Waterworld was at the time the most expensive. But Titanic beat hat I think.
Probably the fact that it idint make the cash back makes it more expensive then Titanic which made the cash back laughing out loud

Fire
I dunno, lately producers and advertisers seem to like to use the term most expensif movie ever made

yerssot
I thought they used the term "most expensive movie ever made" stick out tongue

sorry FM; just couldn't resist wink

CandyKoRn
Which is what I said? why correct me?

CandyKoRn
seen the name of the thread? lol...

Lord_Andres
how much did the LOTR trilogy cost? and how much did each movie cost?

CandyKoRn
You won't know 'til they get it all in after film 3...

ragesRemorse
I knoe terminator 3 was given the higehest movie budget to date on any movie. Though it diddnt use all of the money on the movie, thats still pretty damn sad. that the hieghest budget goes to a peice of crap movie like T3

CandyKoRn
yea, that is true.

ahaetrkarykl
im pretty sure that its titanic but i wouldnt bet my life on it or anything. (what a waste of money)

ragesRemorse
titanic was a good movie, well worth the effort.

tptmanno1
Matrix 2 had a HUGE budget, 250 million, and they probably went over it, but thats a guess

ragesRemorse
t3 had 350 million

alic88
t3 has grossed 419 million worldwide. it cost them 175 million to make the movie which is the highest approved budget for a movie

i think titanic is the most expensive. 200 million, well it grossed almost 2 billion so i guess cameron is a billionare

alic88
check out worldwideboxoffice.com

Evil Dead
I there was only one budget for Reloaded and Revolutions as they were shot together........not back to back as some people think......they were actually shot at the same time. One day Keanu Reeves was shooting a scene for Reloaded, the next day he was shooting a scene for Revolutions, the next day he was shooting another scene for Reloaded, etc.

I never heard of each movie having a seperate budget. I have however heard that the Wachowski Bros. were given a huge budget to produce both movies at once.

ragesRemorse
yeah but the fact that T3 was given the highest movie budget ever is mindblowing

Gstu
"Review: Skipper Cameron's mega-budget three-hour tour has had its own brushes with disaster with a mammoth budget (it's the most expensive movie ever made at $285 million)"

Titanic the most expensive movie ever made.

alic88
285 million. nah i heard 200 million

lizziedoll456
Originally posted by The Highlord
how much did the LOTR trilogy cost? and how much did each movie cost?

a little less than 300 million dollars together. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire alone cost about 10 million more. superman cost 300 mil too. Titanic cost 285 million at the time it was made, as did Cleopatra. King Kong cost about 207 million w/o inflation. I'm not sure how much pirates of the caribbean 2 cost, but it made 113 million dollars in 3 days and has made almost 400 million so far in one month.

Dusty
POTC2 had a budget of 2 million, I believe.

coolmovies
LOTR

Superman Returns i think

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Dusty
POTC2 had a budget of 2 million, I believe.
Wow. They must have made some damn good deals to spend only 2 million dollars... wink

Dusty
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Wow. They must have made some damn good deals to spend only 2 million dollars... wink

Whoops, 200 million was my intension. Sorry. big grin

Wolfie
laughing out loud I was gonna say... $2 million?! Cheerleader Massacre apparently cost $3 mil. I'm still trying to figure out where that money went.

tabby999
therapy for the people who made the movie i suppose...

and i cant understand how people need 300 million to make a movie, its disgusting how much money they pour into some movies.

jaden101
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
t3 had 350 million

no it didn't...it was 170,000,000

spidey 3 is reported to have been 250,000,000 in the making

T.M
Originally posted by jaden101
no it didn't...it was 170,000,000

spidey 3 is reported to have been 250,000,000 in the making

I heard it was $300 million.. which would make it the most expensive if not taken into account inflation of the money...

If you do take adjusted inflation into account then the most expensive is War and Peace from 1968 I think.. made for about $100 million in 1968.. know would have cost around $560 million !!! easily beating off other movies.

dhong
Nope i disagree with all of you. The most expensive movie ever made was "War and Peace" a 1968 film that was produce and cost over 100 million dollars. and that was still 1968. With inflation and all that it would have probably get up to 500 million dollars. That's probabaly more than Titanic and Spider-man combined.

jaden101
Originally posted by dhong
Nope i disagree with all of you. The most expensive movie ever made was "War and Peace" a 1968 film that was produce and cost over 100 million dollars. and that was still 1968. With inflation and all that it would have probably get up to 500 million dollars. That's probabaly more than Titanic and Spider-man combined.

hahaha...perhaps you should learn to read...preferably the post above your own

T.M

w00t

dhong

ooops.... hahaha i guess i'd missed it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.