Yahoo AOTC Poll

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Texas
At Yahoo, there is a poll concerning AOTC, and currently 57% of those who took the poll believe the new title stinks. I tried to attach a link to the poll but it doesn't work. So check it out for yourself:http://movies.yahoo.com/

jedi212guy
However, many of those people are people who may not have ever even seen SW.

Ushgarak
It's getting more trashed at the TFN poll; 2 to 1 against right now, and nearly all of them fans, in all probability.

robbery
yeah but as we all know the vast majority of people in this world are idiots, I mean titanic made the most money ever!!! total and utter dog poo. therefore i think we should go for the minority view that the title is good because it is.smile

Texas
If you believe that people who dont like the title are 'idiots' your very narrow minded and practicing what your arguing against sad

robbery
and thinking about it, dont you just love the way GL can get the world talking simply by releasing the name of a film and more than that he can make people actualy sit up and have a strong reaction about something as unimportant as the name for the film(which is a good name, lol). If the film had been called something like darkness rises or clone wars it would have come and gone with little reaction, but the debate will go on, the fools will think it sucks and those who understand what star wars actualy is will smile contently to themselves knowing they will all shut up when the film is as good as we know it will be.

Think about it this way GL is a very rich man he is not making these films to be as popular as they can, he dosnt need the money(you may then say well what about the merchendising but that is another matter and nothing to do with the story). He is making them because it is HIS story, he has more or less always known what happens and probably what the films will be called and he is simply putting that on screen. The empire strikes back was not a good film because it was directed by someone else it was because it was GL's story!!!! so those willing to accept this cant wait to see what else is gonna come out of his superb imagination.

Ushgarak
Hey, the change of Director for ESB DID make a very important difference! And Irvin Kershner controbuted greatly to the story.

But on the whole, yeah, I'd rather a controversial title than a title that everyone was expecting. If the fans had their way we'd be up to the eyeballs in Mandalorians, Spaarti chambers and Jaster Mareels, and I would have absolutely NO confidence in these things creating a good story!

Texas
So robbery, your saying that you can get any director to direct a SW movie and it would be good because the story was written by GL? HA, I couldn't disagree more! Just imagine how ESB would have been if Joel Schumacher directed it..........THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!

R.C
Lucas is a shrewd fellow, he knew that every fanboy and his wife would be up in arms of the title release.

Just think how much publicity this title release got! Yahoo, Rueters, Associated Press, All the UK tabloids , CNN, Sky News, The Times, Capital Radio, BBC News, ITN! These are just some of the ones that I saw in the UK. Worldwide the reaction has been the same. He has raised awareness of Episode-II amongst the general public a hindred fold, IMHO.

Smart cookie Lucas!!!

robbery
sorry texas you are quite right, not any director can make a good star wars film and i dont think GL is the best director in the world, but he does know what he is doing and therefore he wouldnt let just anyone direct one of his films and it is because he does care about the story we should not worry about these coming films. thats all im saying, we have all had almost 2 decads to build up our own expectations for these films and it seems when things arent exactly as expected(like the title) people are complaining, lets all just chill cos its his story and its gonna be good.

Ushgarak
On the other hand, try convincing Queeq that TPM is any good. And he is certainly a hardcore fan.

yerssot
Queeq, the TPM was really good!! big grin big grin big grin

Ushgarak
You really WILL have to do better than that...

yerssot
Queeq, you fool! TPM rocks!
that better?

King Jedi
Going back to R.C's point - At the same time Lucas is lowering expectations because the fanboys who don't like the title are already saying that the film won't be good. I'm sure they are in for a shock.

I like the new title but I never took part in the TFN poll because it's pointless. AOTC is the title so why don't people just accept it? After 2005 there won't be any more Star Wars films so enjoy it while it lasts.

Queeg I watched TPM last night and now that I know what is happening in Ep2 it has changed a lot of TPM scenes for me. The first time I saw TPM I hated Shmi Skywalker and basically everyline she has in the film.

But last night I sat there thinking "you poor woman", because I know what's going to happen to her. And when she says to Anakin "then we will see each other again". I just kept thinking "no you won't" and it made that whole goodbye scene emotional and sad. It wasn't like that after I saw it the first time.

After Ep2 is released you will look at TPM in a whole different light.

yerssot
HAND ME THE TICHUES!!!
And I thought C-3PO was the most emotional guy around!

King Jedi
Oh, I forgot. I'm a Star Wars fan. I'm supposed to be big and macho! I'm supposed to hate any sad moments in the movie, any romantic moments in the movie, and any funny moments in the movie, in fact I'm supposed to forget about the story and what it means and just love bounty hunters and bad guys!!!! Wooooohooooooo!!!!! eek!

I guess I'm not a fanboy. roll eyes (sarcastic)

robbery
I think they do see each other again though, its just she is about 5 seconds away from death. I think it still counts though, of course this all depends on the scriptment.

darthyogi
Interesting that King Jedi should say he was thinking about Shmi Skywalker last night, because so was I.

Perhaps the most important (and controversial) thing she said during TPM was that Anakin had no father - well, would a Clone, strictly speaking?

Has anyone considered that this comment and the process of cloning are related and, far from speculating who the clones are, whether Sidi is a clone of Palpi, and so on, we should seriously be considering that Anakin is himself a Clone?

Ok - so I have no idea why he would be, or what he'd be doing in a slave role on Tatooine, but the possibility is there, surely?

Perhaps Sidi planted a midi-chlorean loaded clone in the path of QGJ as a decoy/distraction for the jedi while he launched his assault? Perhaps Anakin is an unwitting plant by the Sith to learn the jedi art so they can counter it.

Just a thought... probably going no where though laughing out loud

Texas
Shmi's hiding something if you ask me! Theres something about her I cant put my finger on.

yerssot
You are right: the Sith-theme playing when you saw Shmi was a give-away

DJ Velocity
STOP!!!!

Everybody keeps banging on about this Sith music when you see Shmi... No you don't. You here Darth Maul's theme as he is coming into Tattoine's orbit the scene after.

Watch, you will see.

But on the other hand, either Shmi has something to hide, or she was just played by a "really" shite actress.

The Ani = clone thing has crossed my mind too but I don't think he is, it will take the "mythological birth"away (thanks Ush). big grin

sand person no. 10
that was some quick moving by sidious if anakin was a clone planted in the way of qgj, remember at first the sith didn't know where the Queen had gone, it was only after the viceroy told sidious that the queen had escaped that the sith knew that they had escaped to tatooine, i find it hard to believe that anakin was placed their intentionally by sidious, he seemed to have a lot of friends and that old woman knew him pretty well. Also if anakin was a clone loaded with mc's then wouldn't sidious have just taken him as his apprentice straight away and not bothered the potential risk of losing him to the jedi. however i do think that shmi is hiding something, probably the truth about his past, especially thise 3 years when he wasn't on tatooine. perhaps shmi was a jedi herself, who knows?

Dim
Nah, lets not make Shmi more than she is..I think the whole point of her was that she's a simple woman and provided Anakin with a simple background.

King Jedi
I agree with that. I think it's good speculation but she isn't anything more than Anakins mother.

Ushgarak
Yup, Anakin's mythological/godly birth origins in the form of the MCs is almost certainly to be taken as read...

yerssot
Sorry, I just watched TPM again and the theme starts 2 seconds too early

Texas
I still think something is up with Shimi! We didn't even suspect Lando was a bad guy untill it was too late! But of course he redeemed himself!, and who would of guessed that Vader was Lukes father, we didn't see that one coming. I can almost bet that Shimi will have a bombshell of her own!!!.....I'm so dramatic smile

DJ Velocity
Music does often start in the previous scene to announce a change of tone to the audience.

Trust me, the music is Maul's and not Shmi's

yerssot
I am still not convinced but I will shut up for now

mah
there must be something about shmi. she's just too weird to be normal smile

King Jedi
Well acording to Pernilla August she only has one scene in AOTC. Not enough time to be anything else than Anakins mother.

yerssot
Enough time to die, I would say

sand person no. 10
she did seem rather keen to get rid of him, perhaps her and watto were having a bit on the side.

Texas
laughing out loud Ewww, that's a mental picture I could of done without eek!

yerssot
Now QGJ is not going to like that!!
I'm still of the point that QGJ is in love with Shmi: look at the movie!!

mah
I hardly think he will care much about it, concidering he is DEAD.

yerssot
Therefor the others invented the trick of being a ghost

sand person no. 10
he must have fell in love pretty quickly, he was only there a night, and for someone he loved he left the plant pretty easily without promising to come back and save her.

yerssot
He felt surprice was wiser, but he died.
lol

LanceWindu
I once read a fanfic story and this guy wrote about Shmi being a Dark Jedi. I don't believe this because there weren't any other Sith but Palpy and Maul. Unless Shmi was there before Maul or she is just a servant of Palpy. I still don't believe it though.

yerssot
That is wrong,
there is no proof that Shmi is a dark Jedi,
"Always two there are: a Jedi and an apprentice"

THAT is proof as hard as steel (do you use that expression in English?)
Yoda said that and he is the most wise guy in the universe

Ushgarak
That's Sith, not Fallen Jedi, but the point is well taken anyway.

yerssot
LanceWindu said that Shmi was a Dark Jedi in the story, not a Fallen Jedi

King Jedi
If she was a Jedi or Sith then why would she be living as a slave! It's nonsense. She's Anakins mother. Nothing else.

yerssot
There is no indication that Shmi ever worked there, we always saw here at home, never at work

King Jedi
Shmi is a slave.
Are you saying that she's pretending?

yerssot
I didn't say she was pretending, I just said that she didn't do alot of slavework in TPM

Ushgarak
I seem to remember she was working on some technical stuff when Anakin came home after winning the pod race.

yerssot
'Your insides serve you well'

So??????
If your mother is alone at home and her ironer (you know for ironing the clothes) broke down, she would probably look at it first and try to fix it.

LanceWindu
I don't think Shmi is faking being a slave. Why would she fake it but have her son doing everything imaginable for Watto?

Ushgarak
I can tell you for a fact that MY mother wouldn't try and fix anything...

I am pretty sure Shmi was a technical slave. She worked on components for Watto.

yerssot
You got a point,
but she is always at home and that makes me wonder

King Jedi
Makes you wonder what/ Where was she going to go? She had to look after a kid and Mos Espa wasn't exactly Las Vegas. There was nothing for her to do.

She's not Bruce Wayne. When Anakin goes out she doesn't sneak into the Batcave and turn into a Sith.

Dim
Yeah, I imediately understood that she worked at that little workstation in her home.. Maybe Anakin isn't the only one who's a technical whiz.

King Jedi
Maybe he takes after his mother. stick out tongue

yerssot
You can't say father here laughing out loud

LanceWindu
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.