It all started here....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

R.C
It occurred to me that as Raz moved ALL the topics from both Ezboard and the old KMCF that I might be able to located my first ever post.

As far as I can tell, this post is the fist I ever made under my original name of Ratcat.

Anyone else found their first post?

Ushgarak
It only dates back to last September. As you know, I search thr archives a lot; Raz rold me he lost all the earlier ones some time ago.

My literal first post is therefore lost; none of you would have remembered it.

My first post in the persona that actually stayed here (thanks to BT finally allowing unmetred access) was about Boba Fett in the Ep. I+IV-VI forum, and about how his EU history would have nothing to do with the films.

Quickly got into an argument with Merc about it... this would be mid-February.

Though if you go to page 21 of Raz's collection of fan theories on his website you'll see something of mine I posted at the start of 2000. I used to pop in here and take a look LONG before I actually joined.

King Jedi
Mine is long gone. It was as Rimmer when it was only really about five people who posted on the first forum.

Where are all the old posts?

Dim
That's true..you arguing about who was Yoda when I joined.. laughing out loud

KJ, you should change your name from Senior member to Ancient member wink

R.C
That is incorrect as THAT post was dated July 9th......... stick out tongue

Ushgarak
To be more precise: Raz lost all topics that did not have a post in from last September onwards.

R.C
Not wishing to be picky, he lied, but isn't that the opposite of what you said before?

Ushgarak
No it's not. So any thread that does not have a post in from September onwards is not here.

Go to the last page of the GDF. You will see the final (or first) topic's last post was the 1st of September. Any topic whose last post was beofre then no longer exists.

Oh, there seems to be a 31st of August in the EU forum, but close enough.

R.C
Riiiiiggghhhhtttt.

BUT, my original point still stands.

Ushgarak
Sorry, which point?

keokiswahine
I dunno; I lurked for quite awhile before registering to post, so can't remember how far back I date. almost ancient it seems. roll eyes (sarcastic)

R.C
The point that if you followed that link you would find my first ever post..... wink

Ushgarak
Well, I wasn't debating that point!

Raz seemed annoyed he lost all those old posts, actually.

R.C
I was surprised he was able to pull back the old EZBoard stuff, I thought they had things in place to stop that.

Any idea what he used?

Ushgarak
None at all. I remember him saying that he couldn't get it to the UBB place. Guess he has been working on it.

R.C
Hmmm, probably turn out that he just webwhacked it or somthing.

phinney6
Um.. I am back

Ushgarak
Oh well, you know, you techie-web dudes, you can do marvellous things, all of you...

R.C
Yep, I've been doing them all night.....

King Jedi
I've just realised I'm the only one still here from that very first group. Is that right?

Ushgarak
Not counting Raz, of course, then yes, I guess...

R.C
So KJ, are you coming back or just popping in from time to time?

It's good to see you around again by the way. smile

Dim
It depends on how nice we are to him big grin

keokiswahine
Geez, I hadn't seen him in such a long time, thought he went to visit never never land and found a great job there.

Nice to see you again, KJ. big grin

R.C

keokiswahine
I hafta do that, too; update my resume, and start passiing it around. I need a better job; this one is no fun anymore, and if you can't have fun while you're at work for the 8 hours or more, than life is slipping away from us. sad mad roll eyes (sarcastic)

R.C
Yes, some of us has less left than others..... smile

queeq
I'm very happy to see KJ around again. I sure hope you stay on for a while.

Posts as of last September, eh? Then my first post must be around. I think I replied to EJ then.... kind of a weird encounter as I recall, mainly due to me. evil face

R.C
EJ, yes, I remember him. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gundark
My first post was last sept, I think. Man, has it been almost a year that I've been trapped in this asylum ? Well, back to the lab......http://www.mpz.co.uk/cwm/contrib/icw/026.gif

King Jedi
Yes, this is now (again) my home. As I told Dim, me and my board have split up. It was tough but you guys are helping me get over it. smile

queeq
I'm sorry to hear that. About you leaving your boards that is, not about us helping you get over it. We're glad to have you back.

Gundark
Glad you're back, KJ ! cool

King Jedi
Thanks. Problem is I now have a board which I don't want to close so I'll have to give it to someone.

I've asked the members of my board to come here so hopefully they will. If anyone from here who has posted at my board before wants to try and persuade them then feel free. pub29.ezboard.com/bthenewjediorder

R.C
Have left a little invitation message over there. Just hope EJ doesn't read it!!!! laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Gundark
Well he was already back here once.....

King Jedi
He hasn't posted on my board for months. Neither has Merc.

By the way I'm giving you an open invitation to spam my board. Go spam!!! smile

Edna_witch
Lovely spam, wonderful spam!

Ushgarak
I'll get over there as soon as I can, KJ...

R.C
Actually EJ doesn't appear to have posted at theEvilJedi on Ezboard for a few months now. big grin

queeq
You can SEE that??????????? RC's big brother, I know it.

Hey KJ, nice new sig.

R.C
BWWWWAAAAHAHHHHAAAAHHAHA

King Jedi
I'm going to make another sig. The one I have is really just a banner I made for my board.

A few weeks ago I e-mailed loads of users asking where they were and EJ sent back "I'm busy". That was it. So I think he's dissapeared from the wonderfull world of SW boards.

R.C
Sounds like cause for celebrations if you ask me... stick out tongue

Ushgarak
You know what? Just before the move here I saw Evil Jedi at the old EZboard location, while I was checking out old posts. What the heck he was doing there is beyond me.

R.C
Who knows, who has time to care? laughing out loud

finti
kind of criss crossing roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
Just nostalgia for the old place. We all have that sometime. big grin

R.C
Hmmmm, nah, I think not, well not for him anyway....

King Jedi
He was probably returning to the scene of the crime.

And while were on that subject I'm glad that he you finally realized what he was like because you may remember the arguments I used to have with him. And it always seemed to be me who ended up on the wrong side of others because of it.

R.C
True. I realised a long time ago, especially after he sent me a VERY abusive email, even threatened that he would "beat me up." - That bit had me in stitches for ages. laughing out loud

King Jedi
I've read a few times people talking about the archives. Where are they?

Ratcat
I think they are all here now, as I understand it Raz was able to import the ezboard forum in.

Ushgarak
Indeed they are; next time I collect material for 'Name that Poster' I don't need to go anywhere...

Ratcat
So no more bumping into EJ then...

Ushgarak
It would seem not. WEIRD, that was...

Ratcat
I saw him in there a number of times, funny thing is that I also saw posts that he had made then appear in other forums. Must have run out of ideas and done a bit of recycling...

queeq
Attack of EJ's Cloned Ideas, eh?

King Jedi
And they weren't any good the first time.

We should stop this. It's like speaking ill of the dead, or something.

Lets move on to Merc!

Ratcat
*Rubs hands together*

*Stops*

Actually, I didn't have issue with Merc so much, he was fun!

queeq
Yes, Merc was okay, even though he thought I was jerk. laughing out loud

Ratcat
Well, I think someone was feed him duff info too.

Ushgarak
Well, the main misunderstanding he has stemmed from something UBH told him.

phinney6
WE ARE ALL JERKS HERE! hehehehee

King Jedi
Did I miss something or are you meaning to be so mysterious? smile
What did UBH say that made Merc so deranged?

EJ was just stupid and childish, but I thought Merc was evil.

queeq
Evil???? Really??? Why??

I always thought he was odd.

King Jedi
I don't know really. I just remember always thinking the guy was satan. I'd have to check the old posts to see why though.

He was really nice to me when he joined my board.

queeq
Yes, he was even nice to me when I visited your boards occasionally. EJ wasn't so friendly.

King Jedi
I'm sure you weren't suprised.

Ushgarak
Ok, I discovered this a long time ago when I checked the archives.

Due to a series of misunderstandings, we ended up with the position where UBH told Merc that he was 'next in line' to be on the Jedi Council. What he meant was that there were five people put on the original one, Merc was the sixth choice so he missed by one.

Merc took this to mean that he would be the next JC member if it was expanded or if someone were to leave. I am not sure if UBH meant him to think that or not. As it was, of course, JC entrance was done by vote of the current members, not by a system of who was in-line.

Now, when EJ left Merc assumed that he would be on the Council because of this mis-understanding. He got aggravated when he was not immediately put on it (he even says 'but UBH said I was next to go on'). Raz, or someone, told him he was not 'in-line', as such.

This person meant that there was no automatic promotion systen. But of course Merc ASSUMED that this meant that he had been passed over somehow.

Now, the possibility of queeq going on had been mentioned. Merc now grabbed onto this and erroneously assumed that QUEEQ had displaced him as the new JC member. This made him so furious (and he didn't seem to like queeq) that he threw a wobbly, posted nastily and left to join KJ's forums. He never bothered to check if he had been right. He wasn't; the missing JC spot was left vacant for some time.

A month or two later Gundy and Queeq were both made JCers, but that had nothing to do with any of that, so if Merc checked back now he probably still thinks his anger was justified all along.

So, he didn't exactly play that one smart, but in the end it WAS a mis-understanding and it was quite tragic.

Ratcat
You forgot to add the bit about the life threateningf tumout that wasn't as life threatening as was originally thought and then he thought that queeq and I had been saying things about him behind his back, blah, blah, etc, etc and it all got blown out of all proportion.

Ushgarak
I had NO idea what to make of all that! I am not denying that there were problems with the man (and BOY, did I argue with him!), but the reason he left WAS a mis-understanding.

Ratcat
Yes it was, even that bit I just added. Somehow he got fed some misinformation and, with all the other stuff to, it just kinda snowballed.

Ushgarak
Gosh darn it. Life can be quite nasty sometimes.

Ratcat
But it always gets better in the end...

queeq
No, it doesn't. big grin

Anyway, I think Merc only got pissed off at me when he started (erroneously) thinking I took "his" place on the JC. Before that he seemed like a pretty decent guy.
And about his terminal illness, even there I was always pretty straightforward. I never wanted to discuss the matter online and urged other members not to do so either. Because if it were true, it'd be very embarrassing.
But then I e-mailed him once to ask him what was the problem and all I got was very odd and avoiding answers. And after two or three attempts, I just let go.
But he was pretty okay when I ran into him on KJ's boards.

Ratcat
Hmmm, yeah, kinda what I said.

Oh, and it does by the way, in my experience anyway.

queeq
No it doesn't. evil face

Edna Witch
Oh yes it does!

King Jedi
Ahh...now I remember. And I remember that he started attacking me when he thought he should have been on the first JC instead of me.

It's probably good then that this JC is invisible.

Ratcat
What JC???

hehehe wink

King Jedi
The one that's wearing a fake beard and glasses trying to disguise itself.

queeq
There's a JC????? Where?

King Jedi
The one you're hiding in your back pocket.

queeq
*checks back pocket* In my wallet?

King Jedi
Yes in your wallet. Along with the moths.

queeq
You're sure they didn't eat it?

King Jedi
eek! Moths have eaten the JC!

(Queeq we better get back on topic before people realise we're talking rubbish.)

queeq
Getting off topic is my specialty. Why do you think they gave me this title?

Ratcat
*Waves goodbye to JC and moths fly off with it...*

queeq
You found it?

Ratcat
I think it was inside that moth... sad

queeq
That small and insignificant, eh?

Ratcat
Definately

queeq
Well, that answers your questions, folks.

Move along.

Ratcat
Move along, move along

King Jedi
It's like a bad sitcom, reading this. stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Rather like the rest of the GDF...

Ratcat
I hope so, I'm gnna make millions when I sell it to the BBC! wink

Ushgarak
Hey! I had that idea first!

Ratcat
Well. if you snooze, you lose...

Ushgarak
My GOD! I will lose EVERYTHING!!!

Ratcat
No...no... I think some things are safe. wink

Dim
Like what??

Ratcat
That's for the individual to decide.

Dim
On that note...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.