Question about Smith

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Newfoundfan
Whilst watching Reloaded, I thought of something after listening to what Smith said to Neo. Every agent is 'immune' to bullets, meaning that they can dodge them with ease. However, Smith said that he is 'no longer an agent of the system.' Does this mean that apart from having the ability to copy himself, and be really strong and be able to fly, he is just human? Surely anyone who isn't an agent cannot dodge bullets, so therefore he can be killed with a gun?

Evil Dead
you can kill agents with guns...........just as in the first Matrix movie when Trinity says "dodge this".......ofcourse the agent just moves into other software (human) wired to the system.

Smith is part machine/part human..............he can be killed with a gun. But as Smith says in Reloaded when Morpheus asks him if that includes a bullet from this gun, "the best thing about being me is there are so many mes (which I don't believe is an actual word)"...........sure, you could shoot and kill one of them.......what about the other few thousand of them? I don't know of any gun with an infinite clip of ammo.

mindbugaling
if you watch the part in reloaded where trinity jumps out the window and starts shooting at the agent, you can see bullets going right through him, now why didnt he swithch to another body then? i swear i saw him get shot like three times....

dave123
unless they were head shots he wouldnt die, and hitting the floor would kill him anyway, so there was no point to change body just then

raynor
really?

confused confused confused wacko wacko huh huh huh

mindbugaling
he got hot right in the heart, i saw, anyway, maybe my eyes were tricking me

dave123
can anyone post a pic, i'm too lazy 2 watch the film

JediHDM
yes, he DID get hit, but he acted like he wasn't hit at all...kinda like...hes not real...

burlyman
somethings my friends have thought over and over:
all those shots getting fired at trin - she should have got hit a lot earlier!

mindbugaling
yes she should have, yet the agent had a teeny weeny pistol and she had two rapid-firing guns, he had to of gotten shot like a thousand times!

JediHDM
yeah, the agent is a very bad shot for an agent, but he can take shots like a drunk...haha, get it, shots like a drunk...ok, pun is dead...

mindbugaling
shifty jedi> it sounds like you know something we dont know...........

burlyman
shifty

JediHDM
shifty

raynor
laughing out loud

Ushgarak
That 'teeny weeny' gun is a Desert Eagle .50 AE. Technically speaking it should have taken Morpheus' foot off when it hit him. It is a SERIOUS gun.

But Agents are just not particularly good shots. Their hit ratios in the films are small.

JediHDM
Leave it to Ush to say something like that about a weapon...

raynor
yeah in M1 th e agent could have shot the helicopter alot of times i mean how hard is it to hit a 7 foot helicopter right in front of you?

The Omega

Ushgarak
Indeedy. I mean, let us think about who they have shot:

Morpheus, once, in the leg after lots of shots.

A helicopter. Wow. Again after lots of shots.

Trinity, who, were it not for Neo, was dead anyway as she was falling. After lots of shots.

Neo. At a range of zero feet.

Shooting not their most impressive feat...

Ushgarak
Indeed, a clear case of villain syndrome. So missing Trinity so much at the start of Reloaded is less of a mystery.

I believe neither surviving Agent from the first film is in the second.

raynor
agrees

JediHDM
Omega> the Agents are different this time...She shot agent Jones, but the one coming after her was, and correct me if im wrong, agent Johnson or Jackson...i cant find the actual script, just the dialogue...but the agents changed...

The Omega

burlyman
how very english the matrix authorities are
smith, jones, jackson, johnson, thompson...
the archies vocab..

and the programs are black, chinese, french, and sitas parents are from hindu mytho...

Ushgarak
The Agents are all Authoritative White Males because they represent The System.

burlyman
yep

dave123
"Yo mr A welcome back maaaaaaaaaan"

"its de anomaly"
"wanna procude?"

not he same effect.....

mindbugaling
laughing

priestjim
laughing out loud

Korri
hahaha!! laughing out loud

Sifer
They miss because they're meant to, it's their purpose smile As for the gun, I DEFINATELY agree with Ush. In real life, that gun would have probably ripped Morpheus' ankle clean off. You guys ever seen a Barrett Sniper Rifle (The big ****ers) - well the bullets in that are the same caliber as that found in a Desert Eagle - unblievable considering it's a friggin handgun big grin More like a handcannon.

Ushgarak
A Desert Eagle can actually have smaller calibre bullets; it has sveeral models. But the computer game specifies they are AEs so I assume this is because that is what they were in the film.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.