I'm new and I need some help here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SmokeStack
Ok, I got this movie trivia quiz from a movie store by my school, and I'm having a little trouble with a few of the questions. My friend recommended me to this site, so here goes, any help at all is appreciated:

1. In what city and state does The Ghost and Mr. Chicken take place?

2. In the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, four friends take a road trip from hell. Franklin (the one in the wheelchair) asserts that the killer won't be able to find them, why not?

3. What other late 70's horror film used the cozy, feel-good summer house in Burnt Offerings? By what name does this mystery film refer to the property?

4. In Dario Argento's Suspiria, how does the blind piano player die?

5. In Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter, what lifestyle choice allows our masked hero "El Santos" to win his fair lady?

6. In the 1972 moody thriller The Other, a pair of supposedly apple-pie twin boys represent Good and Evil in the midst of a series of gruesome murders. Which is the dark child?

7. In the steamy Vampyros Lesbos, what animal symbolizes the lust between Princess Nadine and Lucy?

8. When vampires are exposed to light in Near Dark, what happens?

9. In Gore Verbinski's remake of The Ring, Naomi Watt's character watched the "Ring" videofor teh first time in a cabin. What time does the VCR clock read as she puts in the tape. (Note: the answer is not "time to be scared"wink

10. What real life famous writer is portrayed by Kate Winslett in Peter Jackson's film Heavenly Creatures?

Thanks in advance for any help

Evil Dead
Here's some extra credit for you.

"2. In the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, four friends take a road trip from hell. Franklin (the one in the wheelchair) asserts that the killer won't be able to find them, why not?"

The question is wrong.........there are 5 friends, not four. Tell your teacher he/she is wrong........extra credit.

DeNiro
ur one smart cookie there evil dead but ever think it could be a trick qeustion but ne way i cant help u with this bro alot of ur qeustions r actully hard and also welcome to the site

SmokeStack
EvilDead, it's a quiz from a movie store, not a teacher, anyway, why does the wheelchair bound guy say that the killer won't be able to find them?

Evil Dead
Didn't he keep rambling about the guy not knowing where they were because he didn't follow them......."he couldn't have followed us...right?"........"There's no way he could have followed us"..........

other than that.......I havn't seen most of the films up there......and ofcourse the Ring was not very memorable, even though I own it on dvd.

Fire
Smoke I think BF might be able to help you out with most of these questions

SmokeStack
What's a BF?

wicker_man
BF is short for Backfire,KMC's resident horror movie expert.

Evil Dead
put this thread in the horror forum sometime.........you'll get alot more help.

loser101
Evil Dead,

SPOILER WARNING!

You are right. That question is all wrong! Firstly, it's five friends like you said. Secondly, Franklin never knows there is a killer until its literally too late. In fact, Franklin is suspicious about something, and then the friends disappear off, but he never finds out what happened to them, let alone coming up with a "let's hide" plan. Granted he is suspicious when his friends don't return, but he has no idea what actually happened to them. His idea is to wait at the fan instead of looking for them, he reluctantly goes into the woods, but he wants to stay at the vehicle. That maybe the answer but the question is all wrong!

loser101
The answer to number 8 is the vampires set on fire when exposed to light!

xCountessx
#4. In Suspiria, The piano player dies by getting mauled by his seeing eye dog.

Omegaman
I have some answers for you:

1)The city/state is Laurel,Kansas

5) The lady is bisexual? I found this on a site , not sure its what is wanted here.

6) the twins names are Holland and Niles, Holland is the supposed "bad"one, but I think this is a trick question in that the movie implies that they are not twins but one kid is pretending if he has a twin?

7) a scorpion

10) the girls real name was Juliet Hulme but she changed it to Anne Perry and wrote some novels with that name.

Omegaman
3) the house was also used in the movie "Phantasm" and it was used for the Morningside Cemetery and Mausoleum.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.