The Third Way

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Omega

dave123
i'll post my theory when i et a keyboard sad

Ushgarak
That really only takes us to a starting point in the film's philosophy.

The Omega

Ushgarak
Omega, actualy, yes, really, it is the film's basic question about free will. You are saying it might be he is given two options and takes a third.

(shrugs)

Not really much to it if that is so.

The rest of what you say is not greatly related to the premise of the thread.

Besides which we know what decision he took, and he took that choice knowing what he is doing. It may be what he was told about that decision is not necessarily so, of course.

The Omega

Ushgarak
Then, as I say, you are asking about the ramifications of free will which, as I also said, takes us back to a starting point in the film's philosophy, which in somes ways makes Neo the very representation of free will but, apparently, controlled by the machines.

It is entirely possible Neo can re-write rules as such but that does not change the fact that, regardless of what he can do, he actively chose to prioritise Trinity over humanity based not on the knowledge that he was not bound by that choice, but purely by the hope that we was not. So his choice was made- the door back to the Matrix. In the end he could still only chose one or the other and hope the consequences would not be as stated.

priestjim
I don't believe that by stopping the sentinels Neo rewrote any code. Just used existing code to stop them. But if he did that then something's wrong. The Architect should have known that he would be able to do it. Why didn't he persuade him to choose something else OR deter him from touching the source. I mean the machine can control of its own resources!

realworlddreams
who was the philosopher keanu reeves had to read b4 he got the script to m1?

JediHDM
Baudrillard "Simulacra and Simulation", in fact, the very book Neo keeps his disks in...the book i am reading at this very moment...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.