The Clone Wars-War Of Twenty Plus Years?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
Read text-What many don't realize is that the Clone Wars started before the time of The Phantom Menace. When people say "The Clone Wars" they are refering to the time period of when the Jedi Knights got involved. This doesn't happen until about 10-15 years after The Phantom Menace.

A few sites have posted this information about the Clone Wars and I want to know if you think this is true. I personally think it will give the war much more depth. So what do you think?

finti
The clone wars appears between epII and epIII or sometime there about.

theEviljedi
I know that,but I am saying that they may have been going on years before the Jedi got involved.

finti
It was not a war untill the jedis got involved

theEviljedi
It was a war but it was not known as the war it became until the Jedi became involved.

Ratcat
I dee what you're saying. Like the conflicts and the preparations have been going on, but much like any war they bstart as a "conflict2 and escalate.

Not sure what you're basing this on, but I do like the idea.

theEviljedi
Exactly, RC. And I'm not really basing it on anything. I saw it on a few sites and it kind of interested me...that's why I decided to bring it up.smile

queeq
I think all that escalating and preparing is what we'll see in Ep2. And I also believe the Jedi are involved somehow. There are rumours about an attack on Ki-Adi Mundi and Plo-Koon on a rock planet (probably Geonosis or Kamino).

The Clone Wars will start either at the end of EpII or between II and III. I also believe the Clone Wars will continue into EpIII as a backstory for Anakin's fall.

queeq abides

Dim
Yeah, I read that only 4 Jedi Council members are left at the end of EP2..Yoda, Mace, Ki-Adi and Plo..and the Plo has injuries sad

queeq
That few... some purge.

queeq abides

Darth Gehenna
According to Sam Jackson, the Clone Wars aren't in Episode II, as in the Jedi don't fight any clones I suppose. I do like the idea that they show some Jedi besides main characters (Obi-Wan, Yoda, Mace) doing there own thing though.

Dim
Agreed..and good point about Sam Jackson's comment...I think I"ll stick with that..I think EP2 ends with the opening of the Clone Wars. Of course previous conflicts contributed..that's just the way life works.

queeq
Agree.

queeq abides

Darth Daft
I too have seen it mentioned that the Clone Wars were actually taking place during the Phantom Menace and I do indeed like the idea that the Jedi are somehow thrown into it because of Sidious/Palpatine using the war to his advantage. However, it's likely that GL will just stick with his own ideas about where it begins and ends, and I should think that he makes it begin in Episode 2. IMHO OC.

Gundark
I think the war will actually evolve into the so named "clone" war by the end of ep2. I'm sure GL is gonna to leave us on a horrible cliff hanger like he did at the end of ESB, and this would certainly be a big part of it.

finti
If the clone wars took place during TPM why the hell didn`t Palpy clone Maul a thousand times.

queeq
Because they were probably not involved yet. From the little conversation between Luke and OB1 I derive that the Clone Wars were a pretty big thing, involving the entire universe. Why else would a farmboy from an Outer Rim planet get all excited about it?

But I seriously doubt that the Clone Wars were going on during TPM. Clone development? Yes. War? Unlikely.

queeq abides

Jedimaster3838
Lucas said in the Episode II preview in the rereleased trilogy that we would see the start of the Clone Wars in Episode II.....but he didn't say the end(?) Maybe Anakin will be off on some kind of mission and nobody has heard from him and he can't be sensed through the Force and it could end there.

queeq
I thought Ep2 was supposed to end with the wedding of Anakin and Padme...

Anyway, when LUcas says we will see the start of the Clone Wars, I'm pretty sure it's at the end of the movie. Otherwise he would have said that we would see the Clone Wars in Ep2.

queeq abides

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.