Is gamecube the worst console EVER?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Busuzima
I think it is. cool

Fire
well it has its weaknesses but it aint the worst ever
the worst ever will be X-box (it's made by microsoft it is bound to have a flaw which ppl will discover sooner or later)

Tex
Gamecube's are super fabulous!!

They may not be very popular among the teenage pubescent boy crowd, but true gaming connoisseurs, such as my self, respect the ultimate gaming machine!

PS2 on the other hand is Japanese trash!stick out tongue

XBox, I wont waste my breath! roll eyes (sarcastic)

SpikeSpiegel
In my opinion no, Gamecube is not the worst console ever, but it is the worst of the three consoles at the minute, with PS2 being #1 in my books

mah
Gamecube sales up 1000% the last week in Europe; same as in USA some weeks ago.

wicker_man
I'd certainley not say the GC is the worst console ever in my personal opinon there has been far worse over the past couple of years,the games are visually stunning and very imagintive, games like Pikmin,Super Mario Sunshine etc capture the imagination of all ages.

crazy_c
The Game cubes cool. The x-box is the worst in my opinion

Tex
There was a spike in sales because of the price drop, the sales numbers have dropped dramatically in these weeks following. stick out tongue

BackFire
Gamecube is an outstanding system, it has some truley amazing games, and more are on the horizon.

The worst system ever was sega CD or Sega 32X

LindsIsTightK
I personally like the Gamecube. I bought mine because of the Zelda games. I'm such a die hard fan that I could never buy a system that didn't have my Zelda games.

movie_freak
Nah....Xbox is da Worse!

Hegemon875
why are some of you saying the xbox is the worst system? I prefer the PS2 but the xbox is far from the worst system ever.

BackFire
xbox is simply a watered down pc

Tex
It's so big and fat, and the controllers are very uncomfortable! thumb down

BackFire
Just like me...

ragesRemorse
I would rather have a Ps2 than an Xbox, because more games makes more variety. The gamecube is sweet. Its so damn small, and its only like 80 dollars the games are cheap too. so for the money you pay, you get great power for a small price.

royal_jester
Gamecubes blah blah blah blah blah blah

PS2 blah blah blah blah blah blah

XBOX blah blah blah blah blah blah

Resident Evil RULES!!!

FINAL FANTASY ROCKS!!!

GTA IS THE SHITS!!!

plenTpak52
PS2 = supreme
XBOX = some pretty good (and a few great) games, better graphics, and overall a good system. You just need to get used to it.
Gamecube = Oh, you mean LAMEcube? Don't even waste my time. Nintendo & Sega should stick to panorama games. Its what they are best at.
Super Nintendo = The undisputed best

Hegemon875
That has nothing to do with the actual performance of the machine, just get a smaller controller.

Hegemon875
But that seems to be the direction that all the consoles are going in now.

Tex
Performance & XBOX have nothing to do with each other! laughing out loud
stick out tongue

Hegemon875
I think the xbox performs fine.

slayer
X-box sucks gamecube rules!

royal_jester
ALL systems are good in their own wayswink

X-BOX is one of the greatest console systems i've ever played. I loved the controller for it(the original one), i liked how the left and right trigger buttons were the accelerate and braking system for racing games and it is much more comfortable than the ps controllers(even though these are great also) I think they just took the design which was a success for sony and changed the molding of the actual controller to be different and more naturally fit for one's hands. The graphics are amazing, and it's loaded with features. And so what if it's big? It's a freakin console ur not supposed to be carrying it around 24/7. The size is fine...PS2 is more ideal though because it has such a wide variety of good (and bad) games, xbox's variety has been expanding

gamecube sucks, i hate the controller, i hate the fact that it uses miniature cd's, i hate the fact that it's a BOX, i hate everything about that system. I personally liked dreamcast even more than gamecube(and i think that's saying a lot) But it's impossible to be the worst ever...remember sega saturn everyone?

mah
113; you're dissing the dreamcast by saying "thats saying a lot"?

Wow, great name calling, really.
*EDITED*

Tex
How in the world can anyone hate those fabulous tiny trendy econo friendly minature CD's? They're so cute! love

Gamecube has the most comfortble controllers, plus their wireless! And its called a Gamecube because it is a box stick out tongue

mah
laughing out loud TEX!!!! You edited my post! I didn't bash a specific user, I went for his mom! laughing out loud

crazy_c
I thought the dreamcast wuz a pretty good console

Tex
From my 'Simple Rules' sticky above:

Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated.

You better be on your best behaviour in my forum Mr Mah! This Diva runs a tight shift! http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/diva.gif

Besides, you turn into a wild drama queen Floro diva when someone insults your Gamecube stick out tongue

Now excuse me while I go insult peoples mommas in the LOTR forum evil face

mah
roll eyes (sarcastic) So..this is like the Iraq of forums.. stick out tongue
But anyways..yeah..back on topicbig grin

BackFire

Tex
Awh, how nice of you! evil face

BackFire
laughing out loudlaughing out loud

ragesRemorse
atari, sega masters system, jaguar, sega c.d, and GAME BOY 3-D ARE THE WORST SYSTEMS. gamecube is amongst the top ranks. this thread is pretty much over. no systtem is worse than eigther of those five. I have them all there the only ones i dont ever play, i only have them for the sake of collection.

BackFire
you bastard! SHANAGINS!!!! I CALL SHANAGINS!!!

Tex
Oh yeah, Gameboy 3-D was horrific! sick

BackFire
I never even heard of gameboy 3D

Unless you are reffering to Virtual boy.

Fire
dunno never heard of both

ragesRemorse
hmmm im surprised a gamer never heard virtual boy referred to as game boy 3-D atleast thats what every one, or my old co-workers at funcoland used to call the horrible mistake that was virtual boy. Thats what we felt it was passed of as. So does most of the game informers.

Why do you call shanangins, any way backfire?

BackFire
Oh, cuz Tex edited my post to say good things about that atrocious bjork person, YUCK!!

LindsIsTightK
Tex is gonna have a great time making everyone say great things about Bjork in here roll eyes (sarcastic)

BackFire
It's the only way he can hear compliments about her.

slayer
lol! So right BF

ragesRemorse
bjork... are there really any fans? im being serious here i havent met any, and yet popularity grows each day. i think conspiracies are involved.

Tex
...back on topic people! Unless you want to see some creative editing evil face...

el_barto
i dont like it cause it only realy has E rated games man where is my M that is why i chose the PS2

el_barto
HALO was the best 1 person shooter ever

BackFire
Um...resident evil games are on gamecube, and they are bloodier then anything on PS2

Also, ratings don't make a good game.

Tex
Many PS2 games push for a M rating by adding stupid stuff like more blood, because they know boys go wild for a M games roll eyes (sarcastic)

BackFire
Very true.

N.Tonks
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!! GAMECUBE RULES!!!

Tex
Yup thumb up

plenTpak52
Thats the smatest thing anyone has said so far in this thread.

vvvrulz
There's nothing wrong with the gamecube console. It just doesnt have too many awesome games. Games make the console.

Captain REX
GameCube rocks! Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, etc. You can't get the good old Nintendo originals on the PS2 or X-box!

Thought I am considering an X-box, since they have a few good games and my grandma is willing to get me any system I desire for her house. evil face

BackFire
HALO is not the best FPS ever. That is a title reserved for HalfLife and perhaps HalfLife 2 when it comes out.

Ushgarak
Controversial. Halo really was superb, BF, and I am a PC purist.

chico
I thought about getting a GC just to play the resident evil games and zelda oh and soul caliber with link. 99 bucks its hard not to.

BackFire
The fact is, for the console Halo may be the best, but if you compare to some other PC shooters, it can't compete. This is obvious with the recent release of Halo for the PC, it just isn't as mindblowing as it was for the console, because pretty much everythat that it does has been done in many other PC shooters.

Halo 2 though...that one looks truley amazing..

plenTpak52
I think its coming out in January, right? (Halo 2)

total metalhead
gamecube isnt bad, but its no where near as good as the Xbox, and the PS2 is way ahead of both. theres so much more choice, variety and quality of games for it.

its not the worst console ever though, that titles got to go to the Sega Dreamcast...or the Sega Saturn

Ushgarak
Halo's conversion to the PC is rather imperfect though- lacking the co-op mode that was one of Halo's strengths- and also being judged porrly for being, basically, two years old.

If it had followed its original schedule and come out as a PC only game I think it would have taken Half-Life's crown- which is what everyone always wanted it to do until the consoles stole it, when suddenly people started poinint out possible problems with it.

BackFire
I agree, but the fact is that the game is now dated and even though the technology is 3 years old, it still runs sluggish on the PC. Feels very rushed to a PC conversion, which is strange and quite frankly unnacceptable because they obviously took their sweet time.

But I don't think it ever would have taken Half Life's spot. Half Life is still, even 5 years or so after it's release, an amazing game. Not to mention that the engine is so damn nifty, allowing people to create some truley great mods, basically allowing infinite replay ability.

ragesRemorse
Sega saturn kicked ass man.

total metalhead
kicked whose ass? i've never met anyone with a Saturn and my school has over 2,000 kids, more than half of which i HAVE met.

Ass Goblin
The Sega consols RULLED they just diddn't have any big stupid american company giving them to the 'hip' crowd

The PS2 is hardly the best console the graphics are 3 or 4 steps below and is turning into a new kiddy machine the X-Box and the Cube the X-box rocks and so does the cube

The Force
GAMECUBE rox, NINTENDO rox stick out tongue

total metalhead
Its is the best, it has by far the best choice of games, and all though the graphics arent as good as the Xbox, i can guarantee it will last longer. the PS1 lasted much longer than both its rivals.

oh yeah and i wasnt totally right about what i sed about Sega, cos i loved the Megadrive, its a classic and still playable today.

ragesRemorse
If you have EYEBALLS that are connected to your brain. Then you will see the graphics between the XBOX and PS2 are pretty much the exact same thing. Aside from smoothing textures the only thing the xbox graphics excell on are colors. Colors which are used to sublimanly brainwash you.Besides if you play games for graphics you shouldnt be playing video games.

The simple fact that no one accepts is that PS2 and Xbox are the same damn system. Of course the Xbox has much more capability. Does it use it? NO. Technically the Ps2 is better than the Xbox jBEcause the Xbox has so much potential. With all that the Xbox could do. It gives you nothing different than what PS2 gives us. PS2 having less power mind you. The only difference in these systems are the games. Xbox blows on this department. all there games are empty and unchallenging. Sony has the best game developers. With that said they are the same system with pretty much the same games. Maybe soon Xbox will give us somthing innovative and original, but for now it's just another kid on the block with less popularity and intelligence

ragesRemorse
sega saturn did for the record kick ass. It was the only sega system worth owning. It offered diversity in there games. Rather sticking to the repetive typical Arcade based video games. Sega had no depth. They had the means, but like microsoft dont know how to use them. just because people diddnt like it doesnt mean it sucks. The saturn may have been a bad system which i dont think it was. I still hold my own opinion on things i dont base my thoughts on what other people think. Im human like that. eigther way i know many people who loved the saturn, and i went to a school with 4000

J_To_The_P
You need to get out and buy some of GameCube's wonderful games.

Resident Evil Series
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Metroid Prime (with the exception of Mimi, FPS make her sick)
Legend Of Zelda:Wind Waker
Legend Of Zelda:Ocarina Of Time/Master Quest
Star Wars:Rogue Leader
Sonic Adventure 1 & 2
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Viewtiful Joe

I'll continue to name more, but not until the console bashing stops.

ragesRemorse
i've played all of those. the only ones worth playing are rougue leader, resident evil0, Windwaker blows, and i played ocrana of time 5 years ago. Gamcube is a great system though.

I'm not bashing any systems, i only state facts, and defend my system that was bashed. Truth is Xbox,and PS2 are the same damn thing, just pick one and shut up. Game cube is a great little system for a great value.Obviously is not as great as the other two ATleast in the power department

J_To_The_P
That's insane, every single one of those games on that list is amazing, and I realize to buy XBox because I can just buy Halo for PC, 'nuff said about that system, and I own a Ps2, and I have most of the great games, and am trying to get Jak & Daxtor and Jak 2.

ragesRemorse
jak and daxter was great, everything it lacked is full flowing in JakII Great fun games

mah
You're not stating facts, you're stating your opinions, Sherbert. And you're also spreading obvious lies since you manage to say that GC's not as great as PS2 in the power department. You obviously lack any knowledge on the topic.

BackFire
Gamecube is more powerful then PS2.

J_To_The_P
GameCube is WAY more powerful than Ps2, rent Resident Evil REmake or Resident Evil Zero, DON'T YOU DARE SAY PS2 IS MORE POWERFUL THEN GAMECUBE!

LilMimister006
gamecube is definitely NOT the worst system..

XBOX is the worst system ever created and shouldn't have ever been created in the first place...damn microsoft money crazy wanters

J_To_The_P
XBox is a PC inside, and Halo is out for PC, so the only good XBox game is out on PC to buy now. roll eyes (sarcastic)

LilMimister006
yupyup i agree...i love gamecube, love ps2...Xbox is trash stick out tongue

mah
Crimson Skies is excellent for the xbox.

Ushgarak
But as BF and I were saying, it's cocked up. Without the co-op mode all Halo is now is a two year old FPS with nice AI.

Vim
i think the biggest advantage to me that a console has over a PC is the actual controller, and of all the big consoles out, GameCube, PS2 and x-Box, the PS2 is probably the best one to go with. Its graphics are on par with the others, even though it came out first, and the variety of games is just staggering! I was loyal nintendo fan until the gamecube, and well i simply didn't have the cash or time. I don't have any of the three, I do have a PC, and i hate playing shooting games, flying games, any game that requires you using the mouse, keyboard letters, and arrows all at the same time!!! its ridiculous, give me a N64 controller, and I can beat any game, anywhere, anytime!!

BackFire
The AI in halo isn't even very good as far as todays PC standards go.

Ushgarak
Mouse and keyboard is massively superior in any FPS to any game controller. Sorry, that is just true, Vim. Mice give enormous advantages in timing and accuracy- there is simply no gaming controller as precise.

BackFire
Truer words have never been spoken. I can't even play fps's on consoles anymore now that I've become used to mouse and keyboard.

Ushgarak
The X-Box also has Knights of the Old Republic as a 'must-buy' game. Though that is ALSO a stolen PC title, like Halo, and when that (finally!) comesd out on the PC soon that really will be just as good if not better on PC.

Darth Revan
WTF. GC kicks ass. I like some X-box games, but if they were availible for GC, believe me, I would not have an X-box. And Ush, Knights of the Old Republic *is* a must-buy game.

Darth Revan
Oh, and one more thing... ZELDA GAMES KICK ASS!!!!!!

Darth Revan
Same here.

Ushgarak
I know, that is wehat I just said...

And I am sorry, but using a gamepad on an FPS you will lose against a mouse user. Too slow.

Darth Revan
Oops.. I was going to edit that quote a bit but it's too late now. I don't really like PS2, I just agree with the controller part. Personnaly, I can play a hell of a lot better with a controller than a keyboard. And faster. Sorry, I guess I misunderstood what you said about KOTOR.

worldindustries
Gamecube has some good games like wrestleing and games that aren't out for playstation.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/_photos/2002/04/26-jason.jpg

Broadsword20043
What's up with you guys and all this console bashing. A game system is a friggin' game system. It's nothing but a bunch of wires and metal thrown together in a specefic design. Hell, nintendo doesn't even make the Gamecube, they rely on other companies for that. And I think the same with Microsoft for the X-box (though I'm not sure). But even if all 3 comapnies individually made their own systems, the parts they use probably come from the same companies (wires, metal, etc....) and then they just stick their own logos on them. They're just pieces of electronics designed by people that stupid fans show favoritism towards. As for me, I definitely would not call Gamecube the worst system ever, but I would not call X-box a trash system. X-box is the only system that gives full surround sounfd DURING gameplay; PS2 and GC only do that during movies and CG cinemas in games. And the only reason people say it's a watered-down PC is because a lot of the games for it are on (or are coming to) PC as well. But to favor a game system is purely stupid in my opinion; the reasons WHY that is my opinion are because, like I said, a game system is just a big bunch of electronic circuitry. Favor game companies that make software more; those are the true artists (Nintendo can be included in this category though, since they are good software people----though I wish they'd stop with the Kiddie games). The reason people don't like the Gamecube I think is because it has a huge loyal fanbase of Nintendo fans that are pretty much blindly loyal to it, whereas most other people dislike it, or it's their least fav. of the 3. So they don't like to see it do well at all. As for X-box, it's kinda opposite; X-box is, technically, one of the best systems in terms of pure hardware, so many gamers want to love it, but they know they can't until they see a lot of great softwre for it. Oh, and DON'T CALL MICROSOFT MONEY-HUNGRY, BECAUSE NINTENDO AND SONY ARE THE EXACT SAME WAY. They're all greedy bastards. Nintendo might come out with a cute appearance for kiddies, but they tried to sue the hell out of some people for making game emulators, especially the guy who made the game emulator that perfectly emulated Zelda 64, Super Mario 64, and Super Mario Cart. Yet, emulation was not purely illegal, yet they tried to ruin certain people for it. They're the same as any other damn corporation in that respect. Respect companies for their software and that be it, not this mindless console bashing. Sony also did, or attempted, similar suing acts.

ragesRemorse
Of course there all money hungary, but xbox and nintendo are more so than others. Have you seen all the bullshit accesories that gamecube and xbox has come out with. If xbox wanted to entertain then they would take advantage of there full capacity. I think it would be good to see all companies combine there knowledge and make one system that supports games for all companies. It's the games that make the companies money anyway. You can have one ultimate system with technology of all franchises combined into a super system, but still sell seperate games for each company.this would save and make each franchise endless amounts of money.

mah
And sony makes upgraded playstation2's all the time, so I don't think you have a point ragesremorse. They're all trying to earn money.

Tex
What you call bullshit accesories I call innovation.

Nintendo knows it cant attract a mature market for its games, most of Nintendos M games, although brilliant, have been financial disasters. "Nintendo, which started out as a maker of playing cards, has said it will make fun-to-play toylike games and machines that target a different audience from PlayStation 2."
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20031113/ap_en_tv/earns_nintendo_2

Dirty Vader
T'm going to buy the game cube because its cheap and is the ultimate
STAR WARS Console. It has bounty hunter, RSII:rogue leader, clone wars, Jedi Academy and RIII: rebel strike. (Correct me if I'm wrong).
And I'm sure that there are more star wars games to come and others
that I havent mentioned.

Those are the only reasons why I'm going to buy it.

Michael Myers 1
i like my gamecube even though its all dusty and crap but i also have a PS2 which i use more (only to watch dvd's and play street fighter) i have only 3 games for my g-cube which i love and they are: Bloody Roar: Primal Fury , SSX Tricky, and SSB Melee. All fun but i have some fun PS1 games i play on my ps2 and i have 2 ps2 games: GTA: Vice City and Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero

ragesRemorse
Nintendo has always been brilliant in making games for all audiences. I think gamecube is more of an arcade like platform with originality mixed in with there games. They have succesfully achieved what sega tried to do so many times.They deffaintly need to quit with all this pointless shit, like a portable game cube system built into a controller.

Michael Myers 1
i hear there coming out with a remade version of the gamecube there are some added things likeit can play dvd's (copy)

vvvrulz
Agree with Ragesremorse. When it comes down to it, the consumers only really care about the games available, not how small the console is or whether you can hook up usb cables to it. Nobody cares !!

DracotheDragon
u should keep ur mouth closed about the gamecube, it smokes all other systems out there, (PS2 is just SLIGHTLY not as good) because it has a shitload of great titles, and for the record, XBOX SUCKS! miffed

SilverFighter
Well, I'm an Xbox owner and I have play with a PS2 and tell to you the truth.....I really don't see much difference. Of Course Xbox has KOTOR and Halo and next year Fable and Doom III are Xbox exclusive and so it's Jade Empire, BC, and of Halo2. So why don't we give the Xbox the benefit of the doubt till 2004?

Now PS2 does have some awesome titles and even more than Xbox so I kinda see why people pick PS2 as the best. Only because PS2 has more games than Xbox meaning more choices. But as I recall the topic was about the gamecube and not Xbox so can you guys comment more on the Gamecube? I don't have one but sure as heck would like to hear what others have to say the Game Cube. Besides trashing other consoles seems a bit out of topic so can we go back to the Gamecube dilema?

DracotheDragon
I replied to this earlier, but i cant find it, I think the gamecube is the best system ever, the PS2 rivals it, but is like 1 point behind.

ragesRemorse
gamecube is good because it is cheap and diverse in its games. When it comes to power it's last. Xbox is number one in power. Again it always comes down to the games though. All three systems share alot of games. This is why i beleive you can't really say one is better than the other. For every game that is exclusive to the gamecube, PS2 has exclusive games that are just as evertertaining, same for Xbox. Which ever system you have your going to get the best of both worlds. It just comes down to the types of games you like, when you decide on which system to own, because they all have there own style with there exclusive games, and most exclusive games become shared within a few months anyway. GC deffaintly doesnt suck though.

mah
HEY; NEWSFLASH; GET SOME INFO! Gamecube is not last in power. People that do not know that Ps2 is the least powerful console, have questionable intelligence.

Gravity Kills
I have to say Gamecube is not really the worst system. But to me the worst one out right now is X Box. I see I am not the only one who thinks that.

minion
no way its second best ps2,gamecube xbox

vvvrulz
Definately aint the worst ever. That title should go to Sega Dreamcast. Huge flop (down here in nz anyway). Followed by Sega Saturn.

SaTsuJiN
far from it, its doing better than ps2 in terms of the Xbox/ps2/cube war going on

scott
the gamecube has to be good, it is the home to the new Final Fantasy Chronicles game

el_barto
i DONT think it is the worst sistem i just think its a BAD system

venomfan
maybe becuase PS2 came out a year before both picks up the technology difference. and the only thing i care about is the quality of games. PS2 has the largest variety of games for every genre. and the best selection for a lot of them. it has the FF serie's, Metal gear series, tekken,Virtua fighter,soul calibur, bla bla if there is competition its between the cube and PS2

DracotheDragon
Here's some stats on PS2, Xbox, and tadaa, the Gamecube.

-- PS2 --

1. Last in speed and Power.
2. Best line in games (not in my opinion.)
3. Intel Celeron Processor at 400 some Mhz, or so I've heard (Pentium 1)
4. Online capabilities.

-- Xbox --

1. 766 Mhz Intel Celeron Processor (Pentium 2)
2. Tons of special features
3. No good games except Halo (GTA3 and Vice City are better on PS2)
4. Joint with Rareware.
5. Online capabilities.

-- Gamecube --

1. Intel Celeron Processor at 1.4 Ghz, which is the equivalent of 1,400 Mhz, or so I've heard (Pentium 3)
2. 2nd best line of games (BEST LINE in my opinion)
3. Used to be in joint with Rareware.
4. Online capabilities.
5. Home to the Zelda series!

There are the stats of the systems (that I know of) and as you can see, I've done my research before I slam a system, so like I've been saying, Gamecube is the best system out. Period.

LeAtHerRFace
No gc is atleast betta than xbox.

ragesRemorse
i was always one to side with the cube, but lately i have seen nothing special from the cube lately. They just keep pumping out the same games over and over with different characters and titles. At first the games were cheaper than ps2 and the box but now it seems as if the games have went up in price. you can still get most ten dollars cheaper, but i'd rather pay an extra ten for a good quality game. gamecube is already beginning to fade out, and i think it's time. gamecube had it's fifteen minutes of fame,but now it's time for the big dogs to take the fatal bite and sever the vein of the gamecube. every time i am playing gamecube i always begin to think, "you know i could be playing PS2 or xbox right now"

st41k3r
ity sux that Resident Evil 4 is only comin out 4 PS2 and X-BOX!

sai12
From the get go I believed Gamecube was the worst of the three current systems. Then again that could only be because most of its games seem geared towards a younger audience. Not saying all of them are, I know they have several titles that would not be suitable for children at all. But in the beginning all I saw were Sonic, and Mario and such. Plus those controllers are messed up! The playstation and xbox have much better controller designs.

Just my two cents. The worst system every would have to go to Sega Saturn or CD. Those were like stil births. Even Dreamcast did better than them, though it flopped really soon. So no, Gamecube is not the worst system ever. Its just the worst of the three right now smile

LondonTown
The Gamecubes faults are all Nintendos fault. For example selling Rare creators of Goldeneye. Failing to buy third party companies like Rockstar or Bungie and releasing a frikkin cartoony Zelda game.

Smasandian
Originally posted by st41k3r
ity sux that Resident Evil 4 is only comin out 4 PS2 and X-BOX!

Um no. Its already out on the Gamecube.
Gamecube has the power, it just does not have games. Thats the reason why everybody doesnt like it. It does have the same amount of games coming out that the PS2 has, or even the XBOX.

Lastly, Nintendo reason to NOT buy Rare has actually turned out to be a very good decision considering Rare has not released a single game yet. Once they have, and its good and makes money, then you can say it was a bad move.
And dont diss cartooney Zelda. Just because its not gory and you dont hit up prositutes doesnt mean its not an amazing game and has sold very well.

Draco69
I wouldn't say that Gamecube is the WORST console. It had at least a dozen good games.

I personally thought that Nintendo 64 was worst. It brought us Zelda and Goldeneye but..

BackFire
Anyone who says gamecube is the worst console ever is full of shit and knows nothing of gaming.

Remember, Sega 32x, Jaguar, N-gage, etc?

SaTsuJiN
it brought us :

mario 64
mario kart 64
wave race
goldeneye
zelda : oot
perfect dark
smash brothers

Sova D. Nagi
To me all the console are good. It just that each one has its own advantages and disadvantages.

Gamecube was a good console to me. It has some very good games like Phantasy Star Online ep1&2, Phantasy Star Online ep.3, and Burnout. PS2 is also good. I love the games GT3, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, and FFX. Xbox has some good online games like Halo2 and Mechassault 2: Lone Wolf.

Draco69
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
it brought us :

mario 64
mario kart 64
wave race
goldeneye
zelda : oot
perfect dark
smash brothers

You forgot Banjo-Kazooie. Wave Race doesn't deserve to be on that list. That's it though. Unless you count the sequels. DK 64 was pretty good too. Annoyingly slow though...

jaden101
Originally posted by BackFire
Anyone who says gamecube is the worst console ever is full of shit and knows nothing of gaming.

Remember, Sega 32x, Jaguar, N-gage, etc?

agreed...and lets add the panasonic 3DO...and the one that i despised the most..the neo geo

Red Superfly
The stupidity of some of these posts is absolutely unbelievable.

Nintendo's consoles have always been about quality over quantity. Only the marketing lets it down everytime.

I could go on and on, but I won't even waste my breath, the lame fanboyism going on here is really rediculous. Bunch of zealots.

Nintendo makes one machine that doesn't set the world alight and it gets branded as crap. Utter nonsense.

The N64 was not a failure, it simply paled in sales comparred to the PSone. To say it was a failure is based on absolute bullshit. Not only that, but the N64 revolutionised 3D gaming, and did things with 3D the Playstation could only dream about. How many games have truly bettered Mario 64 in terms of revolutionary gameplay in a 3D platformer? How many games have been as truly ground breaking as Zelda or Goldeneye? The N64 didn't need a huge catalogue of games, when most people only wanted to play it's few amazing titles, for years on end anyway. Because Goldeneye was so good, nobody wanted to play anything else. It annoys me when people think that quantity of games = greatness. The classics of the N64 were the last games I bought that I felt were truly worth the asking price, only Half-Life 2 has made me feel that way about a game since.

And to be honest, I owned a lot more N64 games than PSone games, so that kinda shows how many games were actually worth buying out of the many thousands on the PSone.

As for the Gamecube, it has been a severe dissapointment, but when a decent game comes out, it's worth buying one just for it.

Then there's the other side of the zealots - those who say the XBox is just a PC. Last time I checked, so are the Gamecube and PS2. Just because it has a hard drive means it's a PC? WTH? Lunacy.

jaden101
good post...ive never understood the strange playstation vs x box vs gamecube mentality...if you work off that principal then you are going to miss out of some magnificent games on the consoles you havent got

perahaps its just a self reassurance mentallity that some people need to slate the other consoles to feel secure in the choice of platform they have made

personally i dont have an x box simply due to the fact that i cant afford one a moment...although i regularly swap my ps2 and my gamecube with a mate for a loan of his

i dont want to miss out on a great game like halo because of some pointless fanboy mentallity...

ChickinMeat
I enjoy an ol' cube seshion, especially when smash bro's and alcohol are concerned!

Red Superfly
Exactly. Every console has something to offer.

I mean, I like to own all the consoles going, but practically it doesn't always work that easily. I own a PSP, but I don't go slagging off the DS. I'd love a DS, it'll have games the PSP can only dream of having, but I seriously can't afford it. There's no need to slag off other consoles with such rabid stupidity and ignorance.

Every good machine has a killer title. Generally, those consoles that fail, don't have a killer app or marketing hook that reels in the customer. The XBox, PS2, N64, PSP, GC, PSOne, SNES, Mega Drive, DS, Gameboy etc etc all had or have at least one killer game that makes the console stand out. These consoles simply cannot be deemed the worst, because they are only the worst in the eyes of idiots and fanboys.

JToTheP
No, your just a console hater.

Worst handheld ever-Neo-Geo

Worst console ever-Sega Saturn

Smasandian
You cant call an console the worst if its been around for 4-5 years.
Consoles like 3DO, Jaquar, Sega CD, Saturn, 32X have failed. You can classify those to be the worst console ever.
NEO-GEO is definitly not the worst handheld. Its somewhat of an underground handheld. N-Gage would probalbly be the worst handheld.

PINBALL
Its ok not the worst all time but I used to have it then upgraded to xbox which is better but Gamecube is still decent

ChickinMeat
hmmm, this thread makes me have cube urges, i might ask my friend to let me borrow his again.

Emma718
i like gamecube..i have nintendo 64 and the gamecube and i love it because they have one of my favourite games..Zelda!

ChickinMeat
the n64 was just a great system, period.

I might go set mine up right now

savagerampage
i personally think the gamecube is a great system, graphically, it is superior to the other ones. Sure they dont have as many games, but some of there games are all about quality. i wish gta series game out, on the cube, remade, like they did with the resident evil series.

n64 was an amazing system, one word goldeneye, probably the best game ever!!!!!!!!

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by JToTheP
No, your just a console hater.

Worst handheld ever-Neo-Geo

Worst console ever-Sega Saturn

You must not play fighting games then.. sega saturn pwned gaystation when it came to 2d fighters.. thanks the ram expansion port, you got arcade perfect conversions (and the 6 button controller just sealed the whole package)

JToTheP
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
You must not play fighting games then.. sega saturn pwned gaystation when it came to 2d fighters.. thanks the ram expansion port, you got arcade perfect conversions (and the 6 button controller just sealed the whole package)

I've had the arcade to begin with for fighting games, I don't need a console. Fighting games always were meant for the Arcade anyway.

Smasandian
True, but when's the last time you've seen an arcade to actually play the games.
Arcade's are dead.

SaTsuJiN
mmhmm mmhmm... yes dead they are..

saturn was the shiznit
KoF 95 , 96 and 97
Fatal Fury Realbout Special
Xmen vs SF
Marvel Superheroes vs SF <- the best of the vs series in my opinion

ChickinMeat
didnt the saturn also have that sonic the hedgehog fighting game?

SaTsuJiN
yeah.. but my favorite sega fighter was Fighters Megamix.. that was the best sega fighting game I'll probably ever play again

Machete_Guy
Arcade is not dead messed

ZomBiE_HunTER
I think its great. I think its stupid the ppl dont like it because it has " Kiddie games."

DracotheDragon
People that slam the GameCube because of "kiddie games" need to be shot, and then have their brains monkey-stomped and mailed back to their mothers. Gamecube rocks! (oh, and I'd like to revise my stats for the GCN, it has a 466 Mhz processor, not 1.4 Ghz, my bad)

Smasandian
Arcade's are soo dead.
All they are is old games like Time Crisis, Tekken and countless other light gun games. There's is barely any new arcade games out now.
Back in the day, there was always a new game in the arcade. Not anymore.

TraptUnderIce
GC has RE4 so the worst system ever is Swan.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>