Dead Alive (aka Braindead)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mah
Anyone seen this bloody (literally) brilliant and hilarious piece by Peter Jackson?

BackFire
Hells yeah, I love it. The scene where he's beating up the baby zombie in the park is priceless. laughing out loud

BidMyBlood2Run
I LOVE this movie! I'm so glad I got it off ebay! It was so worth it!

Espantada20
Baby zombie?I havent seen it but I wanna hear more now.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
FUNNIESt MOVIE. lol
i love that movie...its soo gory.

Striel
I hate this movie. Horrible awful really annoyingly bad movie.

Cowboyography
i really liked it, Best scene IMO is when the crazy ole uncle gets a hold of his knives, and they speed up the camera as he hacks limbs from about 30 Zombies. That uncle waas so fuking funny! and of course the Lawn Mower scene just had me rollin!!!

h0ck3yh0rr0r
lawn mower scene was soo gory.

Espantada20
Now i definately need to find this movie just for the lawn mower.Lawn mowers are great instruments of torture.

strega13
this is a great movie and definitely peter jackson's best ( before he became a hollywood sellout )
just make sure you get a copy from new zealand or europe for even the us unrated version was severely cut .

ragesRemorse
This movie is hard to watch. Aside from the outrageous gore scenes which are classic. The movie doesnt have very much to offer in any aspect

wicker_man
I haven't seen Braindead,although i've heard it is a must see,however i have seen Peter Jackson's Bad Taste which is probably equally as weird and gory.

Dario Argento
I love it! it is the best Peter Jackson movie by far

skev
Anyone out there know if Braindead (not the cut Dead Alive) is available in widescreen format?

Dario Argento
Yes it is. and it is pretty cheap. 25 Danish crowns (3-4$) But it is only in Denmark i have seen that

skev
eek! I need it.
Do you happen to know of a website that sells this version?

badkittykitty
yay! I just got a dvd copy of this gem this weekend! Happy Dance

tabby999
yeah apparently Braindead is supposed to be a sequel to Bad Taste

Cinemaddiction
Wrong.

The two are nothing alike, two totally different stories, and Bad Taste is nowhere near as gory as Dead Alive.

Dogbert
Which is the gorier version... Braindead or DeadAlive?

tabby999
dude, you could be a little less blunt huh.

Dogbert
What the f**k? ...Right... It was a simple question...

Zilverz
Just got a chance to finally watch this film. It is now the #1 most gorey movie of my collection. I thought the Zombie Monkie/Rat creature was awesome. haha how it just rolled on that other monkey and ripped its arm off ... that was insane. and bit the ladies arm ... man it looked sooo creepy and cool.. the baby was hilarious... zombie sex .. my goodness... preacher that kicks ass for the lord ... this movie was loaded with nothing but goodness.

Its not "SHOULD" you buy this movie, it is "WHEN"

also, in this thread there is talk about the european version being even gorier ?? is this true ?? is the additional footage priceless ?? i hate having cut versions of my favorite movies /:

thegreatrudini
Best movie quote "I kick ass for the lord"

SlipknoT
I cant find ir Any where, but its always on TV.

Cinemaddiction
Best Buy, $14.99.

SlipknoT
I was at Best Buy 2 days ago and I didnt see it.

zombieman
Very entertaining film all round, sparks a range of emotions, one minute you want to laugh the next you want to throw up every meal you've ever eaten.

Has anyone seen the not so good film with the same title? It stars Bill Pullman and Bill Paxton.

Pandemoniac
Whoehoehahahaa, Braindead! The ultimate 1,5 hour (or so) zombie-killing instruction video. Has the typical sick Peter Jackson humor, and some of the most creative gore ever seen. The great battle against the zombies is phenomenal, every sort of household-appliance is used to grind them up, the lawnmower topping the bill.
I just found the uber-mother-zombie a bit disappointing, he could have made that more realistic...
Kick ass movie never the less.

T.M
i seen this top a goriest movie poll on TV a few weeks ago and i have wanted to see it since haven't seen it yet but i will soon hopefully

Pandemoniac
Hahahaaa, saw Braindead again last weekend, after making some kick-butt hamburgers with a bunch of friends.
Damn, you should have heard the girls scream out at this movie, while working hard to restrain their stomach's content, while we guys were laughing our asses of watching it.
For all zombie-fans who have not yet seen this flick: cancel work, school or whatever tomorrow and go see it!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.