Would you want a Star Wars Marathon at Theaters in 2005

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StarWars_Fan
Would you like to see all the Star Wars films screened back to back at theaters when Episode 3 is released?

i would definatly want a SW marathon, what about you guys?

BOB Yup its me
Not really

Noola
Yis big grin

BOB Yup its me
I juss wanna get em all on DVD adn watch all the bonus features and hide them in my monster fro and have them taken out when I die. stick out tongue

finti
I think thats what they actually palnning at thte theathers here in Norway, doing it with LOTR now in December (Matrix films too but I couldnt care less about that BS flick) and so will it be with SW

LanceWindu
I'd definately go see it...

That would rock hard.

Lemme guess though, you got this from the Episode 3 poll at TFN.

yerssot
TPM-AOTC-EP III : perhaps
but the entire SIX movies: no!

LanceWindu
What if it was split into two days?

One day for the prequels and one day for the OT.

But all on one ticket?

movie_freak
maybe not because i already have the Orignal Trilogy and EP1 & 2

Rogue Jedi
i would sit through all 6 movies if they offered it to me.

Julie
eh either way I wanna see EpIII

strega13
nope i just would like to see a new hope and empire strikes back in theaters but i wouldn't waste my money ( or worst , my time ) on any of the other movies

Hypernova
Maybe not... but I am looking forward to getting them all on DVD!!

I just want to see Ep III at this stage big grin

Lyn
I agree with Hypernova and Julie thumb up

robstelox
allthough seeing all the sw movies back to back sounds nice and every movie you watch you see straigh fowared stuff from the last one, but its to much information.

JediOasis
That would be one hell of a day. Either way I plan on watching them all that day, even if its in the privacy of my own apartment.

mephistodesigns
Yeah, then maybe everyone will see why Lucas planned it out the way he did and quit bitching about him loosing his touch just because its not spelled out in front of them like some cheap Grisham novel big grin

Lucas Sucks!
well.... by the very first 5 hours (phantom and clones) i would be attempting suicide already...... so i guess i would see the other old triology at home in my 15 inch tv.... that would be better....

justinday15
whats w/ all the ppl dissin episodes 1 and 2 ?

The Ones
i liked 2 and the end of 1 and rotj and esb

Vampiric_God
i think it would be a good idea for the as some of the younger generation who may not have seen originals (please tell me i'm wrong about that) and would like to see them to find out what all the fuss was about and what happened to the chars and mainly who Darth Vader is..... evil face

Member.
Yes.

Darth Bandon
I say yes, but not all in one day.

Member.
Of course not all in one day. Not even diehard SW fans could make it.

VengeanceGOD
I would love to see it, although it'd be a tough decision as to which trilogy to show first. I'd probably go with new trilogy first, so we can end on a much better note.

mephistodesigns
plus it would be cool to see them in order.

mephistodesigns
for the sake of the story's progression and all...

The Ones
the ony star wars movie i like (thats out) is :episode 2, 5 6 and the end of ep 1

Julie
I don't think I would like a marathon....I already have all the other movies

Quicksilver
i would go to the marathon in a heartbeat. It would be awsome if it was like in an IMAX. I remember watchin ep 2 there wow! I mean its not like im not goin to sit down one day and watch all the movies in a row anyway at home but it will be soo much better in a big theater with no disractions and stuff. what the total hours umm like 18-20 considering prewview and intermissions.

Lyn
Yeah, then maybe everyone will see why Lucas planned it out the way he did and quit bitching about him loosing his touch just because its not spelled out in front of them like some cheap Grisham novel ...laughing Nice one mephisto!! thumb up

whats w/ all the ppl dissin episodes 1 and 2 ? ...I dunno justin...I find it a little bit confusing...I mean, sure, people are entitled to their opinions...but why visit threads featuring the prequel films if you don't like them??

Rebel Racer
there IS going to be a marathon at my local theatre, i just hope its reasonably priced.

VengeanceGOD
I didn't diss them! I just said the OT was better. Which it is.

The only problem I have with showing them in order is that it'll ruin some of the best surprises of the OT, like who Yoda and Leia are and that classic line from ESB...

jimmy986
i think a marathon would be awesome.i think if they were in order from APM to ROTJ it would ruin it for those that havent seen the originals yet they would havent have the surprise of luke being vaders kid,who yoda is when luke finds him.it also works the other way too. those who have never seen the OT WOULD BE SURPRISED WHEN PAPLPATINE IS THE bad guy or that anakin is going to turn.but as there should be so few of these people around that havent seen the original trilogy i say play them in order. this would be great for devoted fans to see everything linked up and maybe see things linked that they would have missed otherwise

LanceWindu
They should have two different showings.

1. TPM-ROTJ (For the fans that have seen everything, and want to see them in order)
2. ANH-ROTJ,TPM-EpIII (For the new Star Wars people, or fans that aren't real big on the PT and want to see the OT first)

Orlando
It'd be nice, just to have the option of going, but I doubt I'd sit through all six. I'd rather see them all on DVD in the privacy of my own home. I could hit the "pause" button for tinkle breaks that way...

super shadow GL
yeah kind of like LOTR no way what a stupid idea

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.