my first car

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

holdenhsvgtsr
ok guys i need some help here

i am going to buy my first car soon and i dont know what do buy which do you guys think is best and girls what would you's most like to be seen in.
first is this

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/12/web/300000-300999/300915_44_full.jpg
A 1985 toyota corolla GTS twin cam
mines will basicly be the same white with black bonnot and boot with a big spoiler and exhaust

or this
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/5/web/233000-233999/233397_38_full.jpg
a 1996 Honda civic which will basicly look just like this

mechmoggy
The Civic every time for me, I used to drive one from work sometimes. It rocked. cool

Korri
neither...do ur self a favour and get a decent car!!

mechmoggy
Meow! eek!

lil bitchiness
i wanna a car, but i cant afford one....sad

mechmoggy
I have a company car, which is nice. wink

Korri
well all i can say is when u can dont go for anything like the above

Corlindel
Buy a bike or take the bus is safer for you and for us stick out tongue

Korri
laughing out loud be green!!

mechmoggy
<--------- Like me? wink

Korri
laughing out loud

Evil Dead
seriously.........don't get caught up in all that Fast and the Furious hype, thinking you need to have some car that looks all hip and tricked out. I'd go with something a bit more modest. Your car is a reflection on you. Do you really want to be identified as somebody who only cares about what the ultra-cool/hip trends are? You will be. I know......I judge kids alot based on what they drive. Wouldn't you rather be viewed as a young person with a level head on your shoulders?

Good example. There is this 21 year old guy who works at my job. As soon as he got his first pay check (being much larger than he had ever had before) he went out and bought a Honda Civic and a mod kit for the front end. You can guess what we all think of this guy. He even still lives at home with his parents. If that doesn't completely justify our judgement of immaturity, I don't know what does. He rolls in to work every day thinking he's cool........ofcourse the only people who thinks he is cool are probably the kids at the junior high school he passes every day on his way to work. He even acts like he has a badass car......I guess he doesn't realize that this Honda Civic made so famous by the Fast and the Furious that he's driving only has a 4 cylinder engine and couldn't make it up a steep hill with 10 people behind him pushing it. He was all about trying to look cool to kids by having a new Honda Civic........but didn't even realize that a 10 year old Pontiac Grand Am with a cracked head could out perform his car. He made a stupid/immature choice. He went for the trendy car over a more modest but more practical car. Don't make the same mistake he did because everybody thinks of him as a moron.

Go modest........don't give people a reason to judge you before you ever speak. You can never get respect that way.

My first car was an '89 Cavalier. I loved it. It wasn't all ultra-cool and hip but it looked nice and was very reliable. I own a 2001 Ford Mustang GT that I bought when it came out..........but I also offset that with owning my Ford Contour. Hell , even my Mustang is modest. I have tinted windows and that is it. I don't have racing stripes or chrome rims on it or anything. It's a great car the way it is.

Fire
I think the Toyota wins it from the Honda in Maintenance costs, atleast in belgium it does

GroundedAgain
my first car is beautiful. 2004 chevy monte carlo, 22 inchers, bright orange with racing flag flames, pipes, noz, neon light underbody, kick ass sound system, playstation one and monitors in da backseat. racing seats. work and money from family affairs helped me wit this baby. and if ya'll wonerdin-i DO have a liscence

Tex
I hate cars, get whichever is more dependable and safer.

Theres nothing more tacky than people who go out of their way to be seen in a car!

I see it all the time, windows rolled down, blasting music, driving 5mph in a 35 zone!

Ugh!

BackFire
Yep, when i see someone in a tacky car, I usually hit them.

Tex
I understand that people put lots of money and time into their cars and naturally want to show them off, just do it in a parking lot at AutoZone, not on a busy crowded street mad

GroundedAgain
i'm not like that, i have a lot of cash that i normally use to buy things that can get me in trouble, but now i can put a lot of dat money and my energy into my car. it's more for my personal wellness than showing-off

Tex
Playing Playstation whilst driving may not be too beneficial to your personal wellness wink

GroundedAgain
i have it to keep horny ppl busy until we reach our destination wink

Tex
laughing out loud

GroundedAgain
i wouldn't laugh tex, i meant ppl like u!!! na ppl just jokes, tex would much rather sit in da front seat of my baby

Matrix_man
neither of those cars are gonna last u very long. modifying a car only shortens its life and u always have to compromise real performance to make ur car look better. instead of one of those wannabe sports cars, jus buy urself a nice focus or something, its trendy, but not attention seeking and despicable.

one more thing, most girls dont like be seen sitting in a car with ugly bucket seats, an exhaust that makes more noise than the engine and a kit so low that u have to take corners at 5mph.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
both cars suck.

Dryden
I agree with Evil Dead.

Get a car that looks good. not all done up with the fiberglass crap and STUPID FRIGGIN WINGS, or racign stripesss ugg.

You can upgrade the car internally, and sup up the engine, just dont go overboard and dont make it stick out. NO neon, or NOS or all that BS. Get a car that would surprise someone with a ricer.

Dont make a car like these:

www.ricecop.com

Civic isnt a bad car for a first car, and I imagine you're younger and cant afford a whole lot. Civics are the most common car a teen can get...perhaps look into getting a used car, you can get more for your money that way.

holdenhsvgtsr
well i was thinkin more of the toyota cause its cheaper to run and with the black bonnet helps to cool the engine to get more power and the exhaust to make it sound better plus in the great roads we have in scotland the civic couldnt hope in hell to keep up with the toyota plus the toyota is rear wheel drive which means it can go side ways cool and anyway this is the only lotus i could affore http://www.wreckedexotics.com/espirit/espirit_052002_01.jpg

Evil Dead
If you only own one car.........do not get rear wheel drive. You will regret it. You won't be able to drive when it's snowing.......when it's raining hard.......when it has rained before and there is still standing water on the road.........

a RWD car should only be your second car as you can only use them in fair weather...........

GroundedAgain
ooooooooookkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy i guess ppl up here r da only ones dat like cars like mine

JediHDM
well, seeing as how my first car was a gas guzzling 92 Explorer, and my second a 02 Sporttrac, you can tell im not muxh into cars...however, i think that, if you're gonna get a car, get a second or third year hybrid...just MHO...

Korri
holden u want a real car

holdenhsvgtsr

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.