yoda question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yerssot
Did Frank Oz also gave his voice to Yoda?

King Jedi
Yes.

yerssot
Was there any use of fx for his voice? otherwise I find Oz creepy

R.C
They may have tweaked it a little, but I think it's 99% Oz.

jedi212guy
What a cool guy!

R.C
Oa is a creepy guy, he plays lot's of characters like that, such as the property office cop in Trading Places.

yerssot
When Oz was under the stage to move Yoda,
was it like the Thunderbirds that he moved Yoda, I mean with chords and stuff?

King Jedi
No, Yoda is a hand puppet. His face (eyes,mouth) is moved mechanically by remote control and someone operates his arms.

yerssot
How did they move his arms than??

Ratcat
I think that for TPM there were 2 or 3 people under the council chair controlling yoda with a mix of traditional puppetry, some mechanical puppetry and some computer controlled bits too.

Much more complex that ESB and ROTJ.

jedi212guy
I think that Yoda looked a little too young in TPM. He looked about 500 instead of 864, but I guess he might have aged due to the stress of losing all his fellow Jedi.

KDawg
Did you know that Frank Oz also did the voice for Miss Piggy?

yerssot
Does that make Yoda a ga-y 'guy'?
But I can't figure how they do the arms, do the fingers move?

Ratcat
NOt very much, but at least one of the operators ion the clip I saw was a rather petite lady, presumably she would do the hands.

yerssot
If they had the technolegy to make a JarJar, why not a Yoda?

Ratcat
They did do some CGI yoda and I hear that there is more CGI Yoda in II.

yerssot
So is there going to be a yodapuppet around??
I think this is good: now he is cgi and young, in the OT he is a puppet and old; so the limited movement is good!

Ratcat
I think it depends on what is required. Obviously a puppet is much cheaper to do than a CGI.

But for the sequence where Yoda will do some fighting, as rumnoured, I think that most of that will have to be CGI.

King Jedi
I prefer a puppet. If he was a puppet in the OT then he should be one in the PT. It's the same with Jabba. He looks completly different as a CG.

I'm talking about close-up. CG for fighting and moving is good.

Ratcat
Thing with Jabba is that he has looked different in every movie.

jedi212guy
I thought Yoda was going to be completely CGI in AOTC.confused

Ratcat
Maybe he will, I'm not entirely sure. I do tend to think they'll use some puppetry, but who knows?

King Jedi
If they were going to use CG then Frank Oz would probably use a puppet as a stand-in anyway so it would be worth while keeping the puppet.

jedi212guy
True, true....

Ratcat
Well, no matter what, we know tha Oz will still provide the voice.

LANGEB_ESSEJ
He was also the property officer in Blues Brothers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.