Willard..........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil Dead
Ok.....this movie bombed upon release......I can definetly see why. It was not made for the masses. Still, I love this movie. If you are a fan of cinema, I really think you should see it atleast once.

The strong point of this film is Crispin Glover. He is an excellent actor and always gives a great performance............I think he gave a bit more than usual in this movie. After watching Willard, you will forever remember Crispin as Willard.......George McFly who? He can almost make you believe that he actually is Willard.

Also of note is R. Lee Ermy..........who is great in everything he does. He does seem a tad toned down in this movie.....although only because they had to ADR most of his lines to get rid of the swearing so they could achieve a pg-13 rating. Still........Lee is a great actor.

This movie was shot very well.....but ofcourse most people won't like it unless they are fans of cinema in general. The story is ofcourse off beat to say the least. This wasn't made to be a blockbuster. If you're the casual movie goer who only likes to see Arnold Schwartzenegger or Keanu Reeves in some over the top sci-fi special f/x film......you might aswell skip it because you will be bored to death.

This is a story of a man's life in shambles.........He is encompassed in self loathing and can see no way to change his situation. To him, the world is against him and he can do nothing right. He finds solice in his only friend, a rat named Socrates. This is the only friend he has ever known. If you havn't watched the movie yet, I won't spoil it for you. I'll just say that sooner or later you know that the shit is going to hit the fan and Willard is going to lash out.......and he does.

If you want to see a "cool" or "awesome" movie.....watch the Matrix. If you want to see a good character driven story, watch Willard.

If you've already seen the movie, what did you think about it?

BackFire
The fact that he controls a horde of rats kinda ruins it for me. I have the feeling I'd be laughing throughout the whole thing.

Evil Dead
Off beat to say the least. It was more than a tad corny but the movie was very well done and the acting was excellent. The plot would have been much better it it were a horde of mutated wolverines or something but we can't have it all.

Rob Zombie shoud watch this movie.........did you notice all the homages to Hitchcock they did without actually ripping any of his movie plots off directly?............sorry, had to throw that in there.

BackFire
Actually, I haven't seen willard. But now I will I think.

Evil Dead
It's a good watch. I wouldn't recomend making it the center piece of my Friday/Saturday night but it is a good film to just lay back and watch after 28 Days or something on a lazy afternoon. That's what I did.

seriously, incredible acting by Glover.

BackFire
I'll check it out for sure. You have a pretty credible opinion as far as movies go, so I'll watch it and be sure to let everyone know what i thought.

Evil Dead
okay.......just keep in mind why I'm suggesting it. Not for the super-great plot........merely for the acting and film making quality.

BackFire
Will do smile

Hegemon875
I have a couple of pet rats myself and have been wanting to see this movie for a while but never got around to it.

julibug
I noticed it in the new releases where I rent. I'll check it out soon. I remember seeing something about it awhile back, but never heard anymore about it until the other day. I love Crispin Glover. I'll definately check it out.

SaTsuJiN
yeah i wanna give it a chance as well. It looks half decent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.