The Climate in Texas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pianoman
I don't know about you guys in the U.K., but I know Tex and I feeling the heat in Texas. It is to darn hot for anyone to be outside. The only thing I have to do is surf the web, post in this forum, and dreadfully watch as the school year is coming closer and closer(August 21). I am so glad I found this forum because the last forum I was in got deleted. Well tell me what the weather is like near you. smile

R.C
Hot, sunny, stormy.

Edna_witch
Yeah and humid with a horribly high pollen count!

jedi212guy
hot, humid, highest pollen count in the world, and dern it, i'm allergic to pollen.

Edna_witch
Yep! That sounds oh so very familiar right now!

jedi212guy
I didn't know that Paducah was near the gingerbread house.

jedi212guy
interesting indeed

Edna_witch
Ah you see my gingerbread house is no ordinary house! It is kind of like a tardis! Enabling me to go anywhere I please! So in a manner of speaking the gingerbread cottage is near to everywhere in the Galaxy!

Dim
It's hot here..and the AC in my car just went out sad

Edna_witch
Atleast you HAD AC in your car! I never did! Don't even have a sun roof either! My car really is the greenhouse reinvented! Hmmm! The purple house!

R.C
Pollen count is high for mid August, my etes are really itchy.

As fir Dim and her AC, that's the funniest thing I heard in ages.

Edna_witch
Oh i can just about handle the itchy eyes and streaming nose but it is when it starts to aggrevate my asthma like it has been doing today that I can't stand it. I can survive without being able to see or smell but breathing really is one of lifes necessities I feel!

Texas
........it works wonders!

Edna_witch
Nope doesn't help I'm afraid. It usually works for about a month at the eginning of the hayfever season and then it just stops working. I guess I just get used to it so it is this time of year that I really start to suffer!

R.C
I've been using piriton for about 15 years and it pretty much always does the job. Found out they do it as a syrup as well as tablets which is great cos it seems to act faster.

Edna_witch
Nope tried them all! Piriton, triludan, beconaise, opticrom, claritin. Even boots own. All have the same result. Work for about a month and then are rendered useless! I have had this problem since I was a very small kid and have tried every medication under the sun! Short of wearing a gas mask all summer I am simply doomed to suffer!

R.C
I used triludan for a summer but then they found that it can cause heart attacks to people with certain heart conditions and I was in one of the highest risk groups so I kinda stopped using it PDQ.

Pianoman
I think that was a smart move. Let's see temporary relief or you life? I would pick life.

Texas
Life sucks, I'd go with temporary relief RCbig grin

jedi212guy
What sucks about life, Texas?

Texas
the fact that most of us are already dead

jedi212guy
Who is us? Most of the people I know are alive.big grin

Texas
metaphorically speaking, of coursewink

Jameous Woodshire
Um, ok.

I feel alive every time I put my finger in a light socket wink

But Texas is very hot, but so was the rest of the country till last week.

My advice for living through a Texas summer is:
1: Air conditioning (even though I dont have any an my car)
2: Swimming Pool (my parents had one but then they moved)
3: staying up at night (posting on the net) and sleeping during the day rolling on floor laughing

Later

Ratcat
Yes, yes, and I agree yes.

Edna Witch
Well three I do all year around nt just in the summer! Used to sleepthrough biology lessons and as soon as I got home from school. It was ridiculous!

Ratcat
Hey, I'm sleeping right now. laughing out loud

Edna Witch
Yes we had wondered!

queeq
Not me. laughing out loud

Ratcat
Your insight serves you well...

queeq
That is why you call me Master. evil face

Gundark
I don't mind the heat. I hate winter.

queeq
I bet you get cold feet.

Ratcat
Hmmm, Texas, now there's an idea...

Edna Witch
I hate the winter too gundy! I get sooooooo cold! I'm really nesh. The secret to staying warm though is keeping your feet warm I have found. Hence me wearing about 4 pais of socks! That is why my summer shoes are a size 3 and my winter shoes are a size four. You see there is a method to my madness!

Ushgarak
But right now you hate the summer heat as well, yeah?

Gundark
Well yes, queeq dear....I wear socks to bed from October to April. Hmmm...maybe it would help if I would wear something else too.....http://www.mpz.co.uk/cwm/otn/sleepy/slaap.gif

Ratcat
eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek!

Edna Witch
Gundy stop teasing. You'll give poor RC heart failure at this rate!

Ratcat
Yes, yes, that'll be it...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.