The Amityville Horror

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Striel
The Amityville Horror is one of my favorite horror movies. If you are a horror fan that also enjoys reading, I suggest you buy the book-- it is very creepy. I must say the movie does do a decent job of following the book, unlike a lot of other books-to-movies.

I was just curious how many of you like The Amityville Horror, and if you like the first one, did you like any of the sequels? The only other one I have watched all the way through is Part 2, and it wasn't too bad. I have heard all the others are very corny.

So, are YOU a fan?

slayer
Amytille 1 and 2 r the best number 3's ok but i'd rather watch the 1st 2.

SaTsuJiN
I think 2 was better than 1 and thats it. I love the devil kind of horror
speaking of devilish.... Krypt Kiddies http://www.kryptkiddies.com/kryptkiddies1.html
so squeezable big grin

Evil Dead
I love the Amityville Horror. Great damn movie. Superb acting.......second best horror movie of the time period if you ask me (The Omen bieng #1)...............Amityville 2 was alright. I don't think it was as good but was still a good watch. Just go ahead and skip part 3 since you havn't watched it yet. Not very good. I swear it is a horror cliche that part 3 of a horror movie has to be in 3-D.......grrrrr

All the other Amityville movies were made for t.v. (movies of the week) so you already know they are completely toned down. I've seen one of them that was weak but I beleive there are like 3 t.v. movies in total.

Striel
I cannot believe I just read that they are remaking this movie.

slayer
another remake...yawns....

BackFire
I didn't care much for the original. I found it boring.

Espantada20
damn remakes.I didnt care much for this movie it was kind of lame.And the back story to the Amityville house is kinda cool but the movie sucked they should have made a movie about what really happened.The real story isnt that there were ghosts haunting it or whatever.It's about the sick ass shit that happened in the house before the supposed haunting crap.The house wasnt even really haunted the people that bought the house made the shit up.

SaTsuJiN
well since 'occult rituals' were performed in the house it invited demons in. Thus the rumors of strange things going on. I really thought amity needed to do more scary things though, I did like what they had done though. the windows and such hehe, but I feel its more creepy to get a hint of a presence in the house rather than full on seeing some cheesy cg trying to make a scary demon. Seeing things moving by themselves, or perhaps omens or aggresive forces are examples. I liked the "get out!" thing though that was unexpected when you watch it for the first time (quicky becomes the amity catch phrase as well).

Striel
I agree that movies like this where they hint at a presence without showing some fake CG demon are MUCH better. I will always prefer this type of film over the crap they have come out with in recent years.

slayer
I can't believe it's getting remade it doesn't need a remake!

Evil Dead
Exactly.......with the great transfer that was re-mastered for DVD, they should just re-release it and forget about a remake. It will probably make just as much if not more money but the studio won't have to spend the money to produce another film.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.