Zero One --- Zi On from the Animatrix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

_/_/_/_/_/_/
Could Zi On(e) be the ancient Zero One ?

Comments.

forumcrew
zero one was the machine city that built up and became better then the human cities and was also nuked by humans... plus zion is deepppppppppppppppppppppp underground.. zero one was in the middle east

Captain REX
Forumcrew, you got one funny sig! laughing out loud

Anyway, I wouldn't know, I was just checking in here...

Anyone care to fill me in?

forumcrew
captain read the spoiler game thread theres more just like my sig.. speaking of it im going back to my old sig just wanted people to read these... what do you want filling in on? i believe i answered to original post pretty good

_/_/_/_/_/_/
So the archive Mistress sez........but is this true ???

Maybe.....maybe not.

Something to ponder.

Verity
Where did u get 01 was in the Middle East?? confused

MC Mike
Animatrix

Verity
It looked to me like it was the top of the earth...not the Middle East...I watched it too!

MC Mike
They state the location... "Garden Of Eden" I believe, which is in the Middle East.

Verity
Hmmm....It doesn't look like it...I don't think we should assume they consider Eden or "The cradle of civilization" as we know it in our history, the middle east...Who's to say their cradle is ours? They have taken over and changed everything we considered ours!

MC Mike
Well, somewhere I think they DID mention the middle east...

Ahhh... I don't know. sleep

stinkfist462
maybe the nuke made a DEEPPPPPPPPPPPP crater and the remaining humans found it and turned it into zion.

forumcrew
im pretty sure they did say middle east and it doesnt matter anyway.. zero one is NOT zion theres no possible way.. zion isnt a deep crated.. watch reloaded when they say how fast the machines are digging... that would take a million bombs to make a creater that deep.. and oh yea nukes DONT hit the ground they explode about a mile up i believe...

Verity
Well, at least we agree on one thing... roll eyes (sarcastic)

forumcrew
actually 2 things.. and the other is highly debated.. the trinity is the mother post.. you agreed about persephone.. if u read through the entire thread i have lots of posts in there about it..

Verity
ok...cool then! I don't keep track of who I agree and disagree with! stick out tongue

Ikobe
I mentioned this in another thread. Yes, Zero One was built in the 'cradle of civilization', the Middle East, and it shows it on the ZionArchive map thingy. Zion was where Jesus Christ was reputedly crucified, a hill in the holy lands, in the Middle East. Assuming that with the translation from Arabic or whatever language these texts were first written as, 'Zeon' could be just as acceptable as 'Zion'.

Just a theory.

AI.

JediHDM
Zion was in what appears to be Saudi Arabia, based on the part of the map they zoom in on...its too far from Jerusalem to be in Israel...and too far south to be Baghdad...

dave123
lets establish that it ISNT miles underground, right?

The Omega
Right.
Zion is NOT the remains of Zero One. Period.
But the Zi On and Ze(ro) On(e) is still a very cool observation ////. Thanks for that. smile

MC Mike
Aaaah... I'm still sleepy. sleep

forumcrew
zero one isnt underground zion is.. like omega said they arnt the same

The Omega
MC Mike> Posting in every thread is not necessarily a good thing, if your posts have absolutely NOTHING to do with the thread in question.

forumcrew
yea like just posting to say im sleepy.. atleat add something about the thread then say ur sleepy

_/_/_/_/_/_/
I would'nt be so sure about that. Don't forget everything is constantly changing in the matrix world. Why? Cause the machines have to lie all the time in order to keep a humans mind in bondage.

Further more the archive mistress seemed to lean more towards the machines viewpoints, in the beginning when she was talking about humans and how arrogant they were towards machines.

MC Mike
That's some of what I mean...

It could be another level of control

Ikobe
She also said at one point, "may God have mercy for the sins of man and machine" or something to that extent, and towards the end of SecRenII made a lot of points that the machines expelled 'great misery unto the vanquished' and all that jazz. There's a good chance it's still biased.

Just one thing, though - wouldn't the name 'Zion Archive' imply that it was run by the humans?

AI.

MC Mike
Yes, but I think the machines are controling the humans using an archive THEY created, as in when the one selects 23 individuals, they put in the archive...

Ikobe
Maybe that's why Smith wants control?

AI.

MC Mike
What do you mean by that?

In the first movie, the codes were sought after by all the agents but specifically by Smith... Is that what you mean?

Or some part in the second movie?

forumcrew
i WOULD be sure.. did you see reloaded? ok im guessin you did. remember when they talk about the machines DIGGING.. you dont dig above ground do ya? and oh yea how fast and far they were digging... that makes zion FAR underground

JediHDM
THE AGENTS DO NOT NEED THE CODES, THEY THINK THEY DO....THEY ARE PROGRAMMED TO USE SYSTEM RESOURCES TO GET THE CODES, EVEN THOUGH THE CODES ARE UNNECESSARY...THE AGENTS PURPOSE, NOT PROGRAMMING, BUT PURPOSE, IS TO KEEP THE REBELS ON THEIR TOES, MAKING THE ONE...

MC Mike
Yes, sir, Jedi, sir! stick out tongue

The Omega
///> Mind giving an example of a machine lying.

And even if the machines DID lie, a lie does not CHANGE the physical world. But please explain how a machine city in the Middleeast end up beneath ground because a machine lies.

forumcrew
yea really.. what omega said.. i thought we had this finalised? and if that did happen they wouldnt need to dig.. there would be a big hole all the way there

JediHDM
OMEGA> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! too...funny...can't....stop....laughing...

Metroplex
isnt Zion named after the zionist movement? It has something to do with the Jewish faith i believe. Im not sure but the zionist movement was created to recliam the Holy Land.

JediHDM
yes, exactly...Zion is, in mainstream jewish religion, the holy land...lets not get into Rastafarian concepts, i'll leave that to Sifer...he knows more than i about that...

forumcrew
my friends brother IS rastafarian.. down to his 2 foot long dreads and heavy pot smoking

Ikobe
Zion was the name of the hill that Jesus Christ was crucified on, I'm pretty sure.

AI.

_/_/_/_/_/_/
I agree with that one.

Not if you're fighting machines.....that try and manipulate Information anyway possible. Look at Morpheus he got duped. He thought the matrix was 100's of years old, when it's only 72 hours long. (Bum talking to Niobe in Subway scene. Enter the Matrix game.)

Your're right, it doesn't change the physical world, but it does change a Virtual World.
If this is true, then the simple answer is they are not in the physical world, but still in a Virtual one.

Which makes sense cause if you're gonna go to such great lengths to keep an entire species under control, you're gonna have to have back up plans so that when they escape you still have them under your control.

dave123
"Not if you're fighting machines.....that try and manipulate Information anyway possible. Look at Morpheus he got duped. He thought the matrix was 100's of years old, when it's only 72 hours long. (Bum talking to Niobe in Subway scene. Enter the Matrix game.)"

what makes u think zion is 72 hours long??? the bum said that was how long it lasted last time

_/_/_/_/_/_/
Could be 23 hours, could be 400 hours, the point that I made was not exactly how long this one is but that the humans are at the mercy of the machines as far as information is going on.

You're dealing with a machine, and machines can think 200 moves ahead in a chess game for example. (Todays technology, who knows how many in the future.)

forumcrew
yea but the matrix far more then 72 hours, it took 72 hours to destroy saing 400 is stupid too.. neo is only th 6th anomaly.. and morpheous says in reloaded in the last 6 months.. and hamman had been awake out of the matrix for years.. morpheous was correct about it being 100 years oldish.. that version WAS he just didnt know about the old versions

Ikobe
I think by saying the last Matrix only lasted 72 hours - Omega pointed out months ago that this was a version of the Matrix. The last *version* of the Matrix only lasted 72 hours (eg. the 'Eden'-esque Matrix).

AI.

sum1butno1
Actually, the name of the place where Jesus was crucified was "Golgotha", meaning "The Place of the Skull". That's taken straight from the Bible, Matthew 27:33.

In the Bible, Zion was a fortress by Jerusalem (another city that is pretty well represented through the Zion that exists in The Matrix), and a mountain. It shows up fairly often throughout the Bible.

JediHDM
Ikobe> it was that ZION only lasted 72 hours, not the matrix...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.