An ideas on Episode III?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pianoman
I know that Anakin will turn bad, and Leia and Luke will be born, but what else do think will happen?

jedi212guy
I like to think that you will see Palpatine use some of his kick-butt powers. big grin

King Jedi
The beginning of the Empire and a lots and lots of clones!!!

Plus I think there will be many new bad guys. Like Gabriel Byrne. evil face

R.C
I think it will be the last Star Wars film ever produced. big grin

yerssot
The Empire is established and that is for sure, I don't think that you will see the birth of Luke and Leia, that and Vader as Father is the biggest surprise of OT.
Otherwhise there is no fun for ANH and ESB

Ushgarak
Curious issue that. It depends what order you are meant to see them in; numbers or otherwise, it may be meant to be 4,5,6,1,2,3, in which case there is no need to keep that surprise.

I would be surprised myself if we do not see the birth, the hiding of the twins and get at least some indication of what Amidala dies of.

yerssot
Amidala is death, Vader, Obi-wan and Yoda don't talk about them! Yoda was already talking about his sister, why stop?
It will be a big surprise if they keep the birth a secret, I mean that it is a twin.
Why do some guys want to watch SW not-numeric? Numeric indicates in wich order GL want you to watch it, otherwhise ANH was ep I

Ushgarak
You may as well ask why you should start a story mid-way through. That makes no sense either.

There is a reason it is called a 'Prequal' trilogy, you know. It is perfectly in keeping to watching the last three before the first three; he has desinged the story so it makes sense that way.

Sorry, Yerssot, what did you mean by your first sentence?

King Jedi
When all the films are made and someone who has never seen them asks which order to watch thm in I'd say start with ANH.

Ushgarak
AFter all, TPM is not much good as the opening to a story. It is far more complex than the 'later' episodes! If it had been the proper first part it would have been very different.

R.C
George Lucas has filmed one scene for Episode-III already, the only one to take place at the Lar Homestead. I would suggest thast this is probably the closing scene where Obi Wan delivers Luke into the care of Owen and Beru.

Also, Iain McCaig revealed this week that he knows the last line of Episode-III, though he obviously would not reveal what it is.

King Jedi
All of that suggests that there won't be any dialogue between Owen, Beru and Obi-Wan in Ep3. Doesn't that mean that we won't see these charcters meet in the prequels?

R.C

yerssot
ush, I ment that Amidala is death because the ones that know here don't talk about here with Luke or Leia, Vader had the opertunety (?) when he was dieing: "Tell your sister you are right, and by the way, your mother is now on Naboo"
OB-1, well he had the whole trilogy the opertunaty for that and Yoda was already confessing that he had a sister, why stop with that? That must indicate that his mother is death

jedi212guy
I think that you are tryint to say "his mother is dead." Otherwise, I have no clue what you are saying.sad

yerssot
Me English not so goodsmile

jedi212guy
laughing out loud good onesmile

KDawg
I think in Episode III we see Amidala Die and Obi-Wan taking Luke to the Lars Homestead. Lucas will keep the whole twin thing a "secret". I put it in quotation's because Star Wars fan's already know about the Leia and Luke brother sister story. But for knew fans in the future who watch it 1-6 wil have a big surprise ahead for them.
Also I hope that Episode III will not be the last film. Maybe they could add stroies from the Young Jedi Knights series or New Jedi Order. If they do that they can still use the same actors because those films would take place 25 years from OT and it has been about the same between OT and present time.

Ratcat
I'm not sure they should ever be viewed that way, but I'll have to wait and see.

jedi212guy
As far as making new movies, I disagree. I believe that GL stated, semiquoting, "I have no interest to tell any story that takes place after the Battle of Endor," or something like that.

KDawg
Hey I can always dream can't I?

Ratcat
Basically this is becuase Anakin is death and therefore the tale is complete. Star Wars is the story of Anakin Skywalker, Lucas stated this about 4 years ago.

Dim
I think there's probably multiple reasons...all good ones, on why he doesn't want to make the later movies.

KDawg
I wonder what those reason's whould be.

Ratcat
That the story of Anakin Skywalker ends with his death perhaps.

I think the whole 9 movie deal was the product of a young and over enthusiasic Lucas in the aftermath of the success opf ANH.

DJ Velocity
I think the death of Amidala is the final stage of Anakin's turn. Either that or the Jedi Council's lack of interest in the situation.

queeq
I hope we don't see Padme die. We get that she died when the twins were very young from ROTJ. No need spelling it out to us.

And of course we'll see the birth of the twins. In whatever order you see the films, we'll always know Luke must be related to Anakin.

It's not like we've seen three films with Anakin SKYWALKER and then Episode 4 starts with a guy called Luke SKYWALKER. Hmmmm, could these two be related? Nah, probably not. That'd be too obvious. Come the end of ESB: WHAAAAATTTT, his father. I never thought that!

Nope. We'll see the twins get born. And we'll see Padme live out the PT. Leia says she has memories of her mother. We generally do not remember anything from before age 4. So there you go.

yerssot
Maybe Leia is a superhuman?
I still think that Amidala gives birth (d'euh!!) but that you DON'T know that it is a twin, I mean there are 2 surprises: Vader is Lukes father (btw Vader is Dutch for father, so when I was young I always thought it was his father) and Leia is his sister.
If you are clever you know that Annakin is darth vader and that Luke has the same lastname. So there is only one surprise left

Ratcat
All this does lead me to the conclusion that Lucas never intended for people to watch these in chronological order.

sand person no. 10
surely one of the biggest shocks in modern film was vader being Lukes father, i didn't even know Vader was human until esb/rotj so surely knowing that anakin is Lukes father takes a lot of the excitement and "illusion" of star wars away from the viewer. 456,123 no argument, if Lucas had started at episode 1, i doubt episode 2 would ever have been made.

Ratcat
He could never have made Episode-I back then... Technologically it wasn't possible.

jedi212guy
So would new viewers of SW need to watch them 4-6, 1-3, or 1-6?

sand person no. 10
why was it not technically possible, just because lucas has decided to rely heavily on cgi for these films does not mean to say that he wouldn't have been able to do ep1, it just means you wouldn't have seen spralling cities like coruscant and that actors would've had to have played some of the characters which on the evidience would have been no bad thing

King Jedi
Not seeing spirraling cities or underwater cities is a good enoughreason to wait until the technology is right. The lightsabre battle wouldn't have been done as well either.

Pianoman
If someone I knew hadn't seen any SW movies I would tell them to watch 4-6 then1-3, because that's the way everyone else has seen them. I don't think Lucas will make 7-9. People would lose interest(not true SW fans,but regular people), because they are about Anakin. Do you think Obi-Wan knew Luke had a twin in ANH, if not that could alter the birth of the twins. I think in Ep3 Obi-Wan will take Luke to Tatooine without seeing Leia therefore never knowing Luke had a twin.

jedi212guy
Interesting, does OB1 know about Leia?

sand person no. 10
I suspect he knew that Luke had a twin but perhaps he didn't at first know who she was, its a shame that the scene got cut when it did when Yoda announced there was another, obviously at this point there was no reason to suggest that the other was a skywalker, but ob1 certainly seemed to know a lot about Leia's past when Luke asked him. Perhaps Yoda was referring to a force strong being, ob1 might not have met Leia at all and so he would not have been able to tell by just looking at a hologram who and how strong she was.

KDawg
He knew there was a twin but he didn't know if it was boy/girl or force strong/weak. Let alone the name.

Ratcat
Ya think, I'm not sure.

As to the m,aking of TPM in 1975-77, just go back and look at the Vader/OB1 fight and see how bad the sabers are. They could never have made the Maul battle with that technoplogy.

KDawg
The lightsaber duel in ANH was very poorly done by the actors. They were barely swinging. But what more can you expect from a man in his old age and a muscle man in a suit where he probably couldn't see very well.

Ratcat
I was more refering to the constant "phase out" of the blades so that you could see the spinning pole underneath.

queeq
That's not really an argument though. If Lucas had made Ep1 then, ANH would have looked very different as well. Even the fight between OB1 and Vader would have been super spectacular, the two titans meeting again. Now, it was the first time we ever saw lightsabres so it was pretty cool.

Of course, Lucas needed a more spectacular fight in TPM than in the previous three. He imporved his ideas and there were more possibilities to create his vision which undoubtedly evolved in time.
I'm sure that if Lucas had had any ideas at all about Ep1 and made THAT in the 70's, ANH would have been a very different film.

If you read his earlier treatments and scripts of SW, there is nothing about the fall of Anakin. It's always been a simple story. Not the sage it is today. The entire PT was developed in the late nineties and evolved in time. it is still evolving. Before GL started on the SE's there was just a basic story on the PT: good boy grows to be a Jedi, falls to the Dark Side, friend and tutor OB1 can't change the course of Anakin's fate, Anakin's gets kids. That's it. The rest came after.

KDawg
I once found an Episode III script suposedly written in 1983. I can't remember where I found it though. It was wierd cause they reffered to Queen Amidala by a totally different name. I've been wondering if it was a real script by Lucas just thinking of ideas or if it is a total fake.

If I find it again I will post it ASAP.

queeq
I doubt the name Amidala was even conceived by then. Or that there was a queen at all.

Ratcat
Sounds bogus to me.

queeq
Yup.

King Jedi
That script was called "Fall Of The Republic" and was made by a screenwriter who had nothing to do with Lucas. And he hardly got anything write as far as I can remember.

jedi212guy
Total waste of time.

yerssot
Funny, I remembered a tekst I found around 1997, BEFORE TPM, I know that it was TOTALY wrong, and there was even an EPII and III, but I can remember that the titles were as followed:

Rise of the Empire
ATTACK OF THE CLONES
Fall of the Jedi

YES: Attack of the clones, I knew it was wrong, everything there, and after I watched TPM I trew it away because NOTHING was correct, but I remembered the titles because I thought that after AOTC the other titles could still make it for EPII or III

jedi212guy
Hmmm, I don't know... confused

yerssot
that is a surprise!! (that's my sarcasm)

Anyway, I can't find it on the web, so sorry.

queeq
Try harder, we would like to see that now.

King Jedi
The 1983 Fall Of The Republic script started when someone wrote the end duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan. Then because he liked it so much he wrote the rest. Quite a lot of SW urban legends started because of that script. It probably did more harm than good as people thought the prequels would be like that script.

queeq
But that's great. Imagine the surprise when they see the finished films. big grin

Pianoman
Is that script posted anywhere on the internet? If so where?

queeq
Nope.

King Jedi
Or the dissapointment because they aren't like they imagined.

Lucasfilm sued the guy, I think and it was definatley banned from the net.

queeq
How wude!

LanceWindu
If it was banned how come I found it a month ago?

King Jedi
You tell me? Maybe it's a different script.

Wait a minute, it was 1983 that the script was written. How could it have been on the net then? I'm confused.sad

I know the story was that the guy wrote Ep3 in 1983 after ROTJ was out, and Lucas sued him and got it banned from somewhere because the guy was saying that he worked for Lucas and the script was real.

Ratcat
I remember reading an article last week where it said that Lucas had decided on this title AOTC even before TPM was released.

LanceWindu
Where did you read about that?

queeq
Ben Burtt said in an interview he knew about the title a year ago.

LanceWindu
I thought Lucas once said that he didn't have any idea for the name of Episode II until recently.

yerssot
AND Rick McCallum said that nobody but GL himself would know the title and that before the announcement everybody was refering to it as EPII

Ratcat
Yeah, but think about it, would BB, RM or GL tell you anthing they didn't want you to know. These guys are playing the marketing game to the hilt... They probably knew ages ago as stated and just kept it to themselves.

yerssot
If he said that he knew the title, he wouldn't loose a thing.

Ratcat
Oh, agreed, but I think it's more likely that he did than he would lie about it...

King Jedi
Well if they'd told us a year ago it would have stopped people getting the wrong idea about what the title was going to be. It would have saved dissapointment for some people.

Dim
I dunno..I'm glad they waited just because when they spread out this kind of information being release it keeps people's interest up.

Ratcat
Marketing a movie like Star Wars is a shrewd business. Release too much, too soon or not enough, too slow and peoples interest starts to wane.

Dim
There's no business like the Hype business..

King Jedi
And we all contribute in our own way.

queeq
It's what we live for, right here, on Killermovies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.