Books or Films?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpikeSpiegel
Which do you prefer Ian Flemmings books or the films they're based on?

yerssot
I only read one book orso messed

SpikeSpiegel
I've read three, but the disadvantage is I saw all the films first so when I was reading the book I was annoyed that it didn't follow the film (even though the books came first) Some of them are completely different, eg. Dr. No being suffocated, Scaramanda being stabbed etc. I prefer the films.

yerssot
well, mine was different too, but not much, just can't remember which one it was messed

Clovie
happy thread for books.

yerssot
oh my! shouldn't this be moved to the bookforum now? stick out tongue

Clovie
why? stick out tongue

Reborn Again
I haven't read any of Ian Fleming's books, but I have read John Gartner's novels. Not based on any of the films, some of them are very exciting. Scorpius is my favorite.

yerssot
cause it's about books and they can use the posts stick out tongue

you can get them at any bookstore RA?

Clovie
buuuut it's about JB books stick out tongue

The Redeemer
My only association with the works of Ian Fleming is making a stab at reading THUNDERBALL and DAF. Sadly, in retrospect, I did'nt get very far...

I read John Gardner's first Bond novel but found it tedious and uninteresting. The first Bond film I saw was Connery's last...DAF has remained a favourite of mine ever since. Bond on film has always been THE medium for me...

Evy_O
never read any sad

yerssot
but you're a bookNERD evy stick out tongue

Kaleanae
I want to read from Russia with Love,

yerssot
do you have it in your library?

Kaleanae
No, but I saw one person that was reading it. She is in my English class, and she is from Russia stick out tongue

yerssot
see! you can lend it big grin

Kaleanae
Of course stick out tongue

yerssot
why didn't you already ?

Kaleanae
Because she was/is reading it, and because I don't know her that well.

yerssot
make friends with her then of course wink

Reborn Again
You can buy them by the boat load on ebay. And I have some you can buy if interested including Scorpious. I have an extra copy.

yerssot
so you get them from ebay?

Ruhyd
Well, I've never actually known there were Bond books, but I suppose it was inevitable. So anyway, the movies kicked ass, so I vote them.

The Redeemer
You living in a cave? Never heard of Ian Fleming? eek!

yerssot
Ruhyd, the books were there first smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.