the end.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

aniron
hi, a lot of my friends love lotr but hate the ending of the fellowship, I love the endings of both films.

what do you think? rolling on floor laughing

Fire
the ending of the fellowship is ok
as I said a million times they should have stopped TTT where the book stops, after meeting Shelob

hobbit_lover
ya I think so too but the movie would have been too long

nazgulinthedark
The ending of the fellowship was ok, alot of my friends were really sad because boromir died, but as i've said in other boromir threads, I don't like boromir, so it didn't really effect me

drunk_nazgul
I liked the ending of FotR, but it would've been nicer to see some spider legs in TTT...

fini
hmmm its good where they left it of..........cause people would have whined and complained about being left on such a cliffhanger as the book TTT did.........so i think PJ made a good choise there

JUST think bout how we're going insane right now for the movie to come out.........imagine how we would have been if they ended the movie at shelob'lair or choises of samwise?!?!?!?!?
i dont think i coulda take it

GABRIEL05
In my opinion, Fellowship of the Ring had the best ending. Each time I watch it I like it more. It's very touching and romantic, in a knight in shining armor sort of way. Can't say the same for The Two Towers. I think it's just because the characters don't develope any in TTT like Peter Jackson had them in the first. In my honest opinion, PJ did an infinitely better job on FOTR than TTT.

I think it had to do with the music they played. Gollums Song at the end of TTT just left me with a dark empty feeling in my stomach. *shudders*
Whereas The Breaking of the Fellowship made me long for days of yore

Sifer
It isn't an end - the end is when Return of the King finishes smile But I know what you mean and I agree, they do come to a close on good parts of the movie that make you want to watch the next one even more big grin

Sifer
Also, the closing of the Two Towers will no doubt become more pleasing in both the Extended Edition (which DOES have a different closure) and also when we witness the next marvel - Return of the King as then 3 become 1 - a bit like the Matrix.

Fire
I think that PJ shouldn't think too much about the public
after seeing 1 was such a hit 2 would have been figured to be a hit as well
even if the ppl would have whined it would have made lil difference
cause the Die Hard LOTR fans would go and view it anyways.

But they didn't do that

mah
Couldn't have been done. Would screw up the lengths. number 3 had too little material for a 3hour film, TTT had too much. It HAD to be done that way.

BingaBonga
Yea, the first movie really left you hanging, but hey they had to, they couldn't make a 9+ hour movie..... I wouldn't mind it, but other people would.

Fire
I wouldn't f*ck up my movie just cause I would be able to make em all about 3 hours

but then again that's me big grin

Sifer
If they stopped Two Towers after Shelob then they would have also have to put Gandalf etc going to Isengard, Pippin stealing the Palantir and looking into it, Gandalf taking Pippin to Minas Tirith etc etc - because that is happening while Frodo is gettin some ass whoopin from Shelob. They do NOT happen after it and it is the reason it was split into 2 books (in the original 7 book edition).

Verity
Uhhh....yah! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Exa
I don't think RoTK has too little material, imho it has more than TT cuz in TT there is no such strict thread of what happens that the film has to follow, its a bit variable (very variable as we see in the film...)

Even with the cutting of the Scouring of the Shire RoTk has far too much material to make a normal film, also too much for a three-hours-film.
Well, the whole LoTR story IS too long for three films...

I liked that Boromir already died in FoTR instead of TT, wouldve been quite strange if PJ let him survive just to die during the first minutes of TT like in the book. The ending of FoTR as well as the beginnig of TT were good, I think.

The end of TT was a little abrupt but where else could it have been - I think I'll like the end of the Extended better.

aniron
plus I think ttt ends well because it leaves us hanging in a good way if it had finished in the mddle of an action sequence that wouldn't have been to good.

sauron
i liked boromir, he was not an evil man, he just loved his city, its galadriels fault i think he was interested in the ring before but he never tried to take it, until she told him there was only little hope for gondor, so he tried to take the ring, to help his fair city fight the enemy

russ_mathers
I love the endings of both films.

what do you think?

i liked the ending of fellowship of the ring, becoz at least u knew where every1 was going,. but in two towers u dnt know who gollum is takin sam and frodo to see.

sauron
you would know if you read the book, hes taking them to shelob

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.