Where the hell will it end?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil Dead
Amityville Remake

Michael Bay and friends launching Amityville Horror redo.

October 24, 2003 - According to today's Variety, Michael Bay and his partners at Platinum Dunes (the company that brought you last weekend's Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake) are redoing another horror flick, Amityville Horror, for MGM.

The original film starred James Brolin (Mr. Barbra Streisand), Margot Kidder and Rod Steiger in the story of two Long Island newlyweds who move into their dream house, unaware of a grisly murder that once took place there. The couple must then confront the evil spirits that possess their home. The 1979 picture was based on a book by Jay Anson, which was in turn (supposedly) based on a "true story."

Variety spoke to Bay, who says Platinum has been courted by a number of studios after the success of their TCM remake. Bay also expressed doubt about a sequel to the current top flick. He says, "We've heard from the rights holders on Texas Chainsaw Massacre that they want what Hillary Clinton earned for writing her book... That simply isn't worth it to us." Nor to us.

-- Brian Linder

SaTsuJiN
An amity remake.. that could be good or bad. Hopefully, since its obvious theres no stopping the fact that we're stuck with it, they'll use thier talent and make some really scary demons in the shadows and in the basement. Like those hands that were coming out of the walls, or the demon that was in the room with the daughter who went out the window (two flashing lightbulbs -_-) so yeah, they could make it better. I hope it comes out with the full realisation that it was meant to have, and that they dont add stupid stuff just for the sake of adding more excitement. I'd also like for them to add a grainy film effect so it seems like a 3rd person documentary. My favorite scene of amityville is when you're looking through the demons perspective walking through the house at night, and he sees the cross on the wall and hisses. (or was that part 2? O_O). Are they remaking 2 or 1? I think 2 was scarier by far, since the brother murdered them all. 1 was more like about the house, and getting out of the house. I'd still go watch it no matter which they remake though. Amityville horror is great (although I saw a box for amityville 3-d and was like 'wtf are they smoking?' and threw it back on the shelf)

grymlock
it's ok for me... coz the 1 and 2 are great for me... although it's proclaim to be a real haunted house..

cheers!!

BackFire
damn...when are they going to realize remakes blow.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
all i can say for now is....crap.

ragesRemorse
the amtyville was a good movie, not one of those greats. DEffaintly not worth remaking due to all of the sequals. The original is just that original LEAVE IT ALONE

Striel
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! NO! NO! NO! Sorry, but I am just so TIRED of them remaking movies that are already perfect.

chico23
Its bad enough they are making a remake, but then they have to put Micheal Bay on it.....geez.

Curl_Up&Dye
I like the Amityville Horror. I might be one of the few. lol. It was creepy, and similar to TCM, loosely based on a true story.

ragesRemorse
actually i thought amityville horror was more than just loosely based. I mean there was an actual family and an actual house. I was at the actual house the movie was based around. The house looks exactly like the one from the movie. they did a great job recreating that house. i bet that set them back a few hundred

chico
Does anyone agree with me that when they see Micheal Bay's name they cringe?

Dimersak
I think a remake of the movie would do it some good, don't get me wrong I love the old one but for god sakes everything in it was cheaply done..... What they should do is keep some of the "old filemaking" in mind but add some new things to it and just make it all around better!

Lord Soth
They make remakes for one reason for one reason: They know ppl will go. No matter how ppl say it sux, ppl will go, so they can compare it to the original. Hell, BF went to see TCM (although he didn't pay, so I suppose it doesn't count).

Dario Argento
I agree. I hate that man, he is so ****ing lame.

moviemaker
Enough remakes already! The Texas Chainsaw Massacre didn't need remaking and Amityville Horror doesn't either, you'll never top this movie and especially Lalo Schirfrin's fanatasic soundtrack. It 'll have to take over 87 million to top the orginal.

loserib
the amityville horror is based on actual events there was a family that was killed by the the oldest son he said he did couse the house told him too i read the book when i was younger

AcidArgyle
The Texas chainsaw remake rocked... i kno wi know the original didnt need to be redone but it was and it was good! =)

Same with Dawn of the dead.. the original is my favorite zombie movie Period. BUT the i saw th remake friday and it really rocked! not better than the original but it was an excellent zombie flick!!!

Zilverz
I just seen the original about a month ago. That movie is old as fawk and still scared me ... that says a lot

Cinemaddiction
Question, as I don't remember. Why didn't James Brolin just pack his shit and hit the trail?

andyF1
Edit

andyF1
One scary film, when the demon told told him to, GET OUT!, creepy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.