Exorcist Prequel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil Dead
Harlin to Exorcist Prequel?
Renny Harlin rumored to be reshooting the film.

October 23, 2003 - The drama surrounding the Exorcist prequel continues. According to a source of Coming Attractions, director Renny Harlin (Deep Blue Sea, Cliffhanger) may be stepping in to handle reshoots on the troubled production.

Morgan Creek began the search for a replacement director after booting helmer Paul Schrader because they were displeased with the tone he chose for the film. Rumor has it that Schrader's approach focused on the psychological aspects of the story and was lacking in the scare department. Schrader was actually an emergency replacement for John Frankenheimer after the latter's unfortunate passing.

CA's source tips that Harlin will be given an additional $8 million to "fix" the film. He'll reportedly start reshooting the picture at the end of November in Morocco.

Warner Bros. is hoping to have the film ready for a Spring 2004 release.

-- Brian Linder

It will probably be better than the original Exorcist.......

grymlock
it's a prequeal... how come it would be better then the original??

cheers!!

Evil Dead
Because the original sucks..........it's boring and uneventful.........it tries to create the atmosphere of importance yet fails miserably........it is an over rated piece of dog shit that main stream horror fans like to look back on fondly when it wasn't good to begin with.
Part 2 also sucks and I never watched part 3.............by default, the prequel will almost have to be better than the original.

SaTsuJiN
they booted the original director because he focused on the psychological aspect of the fear rather than the straight up scare factor? thats kinda shitty of them. Not to mention the dvd has a bunch of scary scenes that were cut from the original (like when she walks down the stairs like a spider). I thought the chilling thing about the exorcist was when you see that demons reflection above the stove when the power goes out. I was like O_O

As for a prequel I think they're going to have to base it on the actual exorcism that the movie was based on no? the little boy I think? It'd be cool if robert miles came back and did a remix of his 'tubular bells' as a tribute to a new exorcist. I'd also expect less talking from the posessed and more freaky looks or actions. Like maybe the camera stares at the possessed person for like 30 seconds, then he/she springs straight up at the camera. Something like that... and I hope they bring back that demon face that popped up every now and then. I thought that was such a good idea.

it still gives me chills when I see it

Evil Dead
I actually rented the "Exorcist : The Version you've never seen before" dvd when it came out. I was like, "a version I havn't see, maybe it will be good"..........boy was I sadly disapointed. Very little about the movie was different.......I can see why the scene with her crab walking down the stairs was cut out.......it looked horrible.

I'm not being confrontational.......if you like the movie, okay by me......just stating my opinion on it. I really think it is the most over rated piece of crap ever made.

SaTsuJiN
ew @ the 'version you've never seen before'.. well I mean the spider scene was cool in my opinion, but it obviously didnt belong in there. Just watch the original untainted version. When they add all that crap in it made it suck bad. Then again if you dont like devilish kind of stuff that wont help either :/

Evil Dead
I've watched the original version..........It was one of those "big" horror movies I thought I had to watch when I was a youngster.......I thought it had to be good to recieve all the attention it did.........I was not impressed.

BackFire
I've always thought the original is really over rated as well.

chico23
Yeah the original is overrated. I didn't hate it, but it seems to be one of those films that people drool over because its "cool" to love it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.