Do Horror movies suck?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire
This is a thread for all the people who want to come and bash horror movies. If you think horror movies suck, give reasons for your thoughts and feelings. Of course, expect retorts from myself and many of the other horror nuts on this forum.

Keep it clean and no bashing members for their opinions, whether they are for or against horror flicks. I'm calling alot of people's bluffs with this thread, so please, if you hate horror movies, come to this thread to bash them.

lil bitchiness
BF, this thread is asking for trouble...confused

BackFire
I have faith in my fellow horror buddies on this forum, I don't think they'll go nuts if anyone even posts in this thread. If anything starts to go awry, I'll just close it.

lil bitchiness
maybe your 'fellow' horror buddies, but maybe not everyone else...ah well....we'll see what happenes...

Michael Myers 1
I hate horror movies ive never seen any but i hear they all suck! I especially dont like The Texas Chainsaw Masacre cool i mean who cares about some retarded guy wearing a mask killing people in texas, thats just SICK! And another stupid one is Halloween, omg that movie is the gayest. The guy is ugly as leatherface. Well not as ugly but the movies suck.

There ya go BF stick out tongue

BackFire
I think this forum is in much need of some heated debate, I'm hoping this thread will bring this fourth.

Michael Myers 1
i hate horror movies.

did u want that

BackFire
Well, I'd rather it come from someone who actually does dislike horror movies. Although, nice effort smile

Michael Myers 1
lol i should make more than one screen name. Can u do that for KCM?

h0ck3yh0rr0r
lol i like this thread.

Michael Myers 1
i dont think that people who hate horror movies will come.

DeNiro
is that really u in ur sig micheal myers 1 or who is that and i doubt ne non horror movie fan is going to come to the horror movie forum ne way so i doubt it will bring in ne posts besides ours

Michael Myers 1
no my sig is a picture of my mom. isnt she hot?

Michael Myers 1
ok guys what does my sig look like is it the Michael Myers 1 one?

MC Mike
Wow... nice mom. stick out tongue

I like horror movies... Oops, wrong thread!

Michael Myers 1
thnx u should see her boobies too

slayer
Your Mommy's hot! ask her if she wants 2 come and play!

SaTsuJiN
oh you mean like the "Oh horror movies are so ghey! LoTR pwnz 4ll j00r phr34ky qu33r zombies n shiat!" ?

Michael Myers 1
say what nigga? well neways my mom is not available i cant find her she moved to Haddonfield looking for my dad u can see her in theateres soon............

Espantada20
**** horror I ****ing hate this horror shit ****ing garbage.Okay thats all I could think of.Doesnt sound very sincere though.hee hee hee

slayer
how about this: horror movies suck ummmm..... they r very stupid......because they just stupid.

Evil Dead
What are these horror movies you speak of? Sounds interesting.....I think I'll have to check a few out.

Tired Hiker
Okay, here's one . . . Frailty sucked. I hated it . Horrible film.

Tired Hiker
Yeah, horror movies suck!!! They suck gasps and screams right out of ya.

slayer
lol! TY ur so funny.

xblanex
Well at least we know this isnt a thread going to waste....
lol

Michael Myers 1
its like a comedy stand now.

Curl_Up&Dye
Wow...a thread originally started to bash horror movies turned into a thread that bashes horror movie bashers...kinda funny.

1 Hour Photo with Robin Williams was a weak attempt at a creepy stalker movie. Robin Williams should go back to his comfy throne upon the Disney character voice mountain.

vampriss_07
hell no horror movies don't suck! ok only some but it's only cus the graphics or actors suck ass!!!! or just the whole movie or plot all together!!

Evil Dead
One Houre photo was good.....................why is it coming up in the horror forum? Wrong genre..............Robin Williams owned in that movie.

BondJamesBond
Horror movies give me wood!

BackFire
I agree, One Hour Photo was not a horror movie in the least.

Lord Soth
It was more trying to be a suspense movie. But it failed in that respect, too. big grin

While I don't have anything against horror movies, I don't watch them much. I prefer watching action, where someone actually fights back against the creature, instead of prolonging their inevitable doom.

The main problem with horror movies is that you know right from the beginning that most of the characters die, right as you're starting to enjoy their odd personality quirks.

silver_tears
some horror movies have it and some try to hard.......
i actually thought that darkness falls was over rated i didnt like it erm

BackFire
darkness falls is a piece of unrelentless garbage. It seemed it was determined to be the biggest piece of trash ever released. It succeeded.

Tired Hiker
I actually haven't watched Frailty yet. I'll probably watch it tonight.

Tired Hiker
Is that the one with Jason Lee?

silver_tears
Or the ring was weird too

BackFire
No, Dreamcatcher is the one with Jason Lee

Tired Hiker
Oh, I never finished dream catcher. It got hokey and I fell asleep.

BackFire
it wasn't good.

worldindustries
I love horror movies and you guys like em' to some of them are just horrible.

worldindustries
My favorite is the friday the 13th movies.

worldindustries
I also like the the bordello of blood movie from the tales of the crypt it was ok but I enjoyed watching it.

Lord Soth
Halloween is the best horror series, hands down. Scream's good too

Mike Myers rules all

Dario Argento
No you are wrong, Scream trilogy sucks.

Lord Soth
I thought that they were genius. Making fun of the horror genre and being completely horrific all the while. Brilliant premise big grin

Dogbert
Horror movies dun seem to be different now. They are all the same thing in general. There is some killer, either a monster or human, who kills people, then there is always one or two suvivors that somehow seem to kill whatever they were running from, and there ends up being a sequel to the movie a year later. *Yawns*

xblanex
yea most the good ideas for horror movies have been made already. Its not as easy to make as a comedy. Comedy you can write about anything and just make it be funny. But horror is a much smaller selection of what it can be about. Thats what I think.

Punker69
i hated ANOES3 it sucked

Difrycheulyd
How the hell can anyone say that ALL horror movies 'suck': I think some horror movies certainly 'suck'....

but that is distinguished between taste. smile

Im not the biggest horror movie fan...it takes alot to impress me. Originality is extremely hard to find; yet some cliche movies can still be quite interesting.

The most exasperating thing I generally find about horror movies is when they start great, you slowly become enthralled by the movie....then all of a sudden it just f**ks up..... argh!

Punker69
Hey what does anybody think of FINAL DESTINATION 1&2

Lord Soth
I saw FD2 recently; very good

Difrycheulyd
Final Destination1 and 2 sucked to me....I thought it was just a game of how many ways can we kill a person. stick out tongue

It was so tedious.

stinkfist462
horror movies dont suck................

Lord Soth
But that was the fun of it all big grin

HorrorMoviessuc
yes yes absolutely yes

isn't there enough horror in the real life?,or your life?
why in the hell you would intentionally want to be scared?
is it really because of that idiotic adrenalin?
feeling scared gives you that idiotic rush
completely stone age shite

i'd rather watch comedy
and feel funny and good rather than watch horror movies
and be scared

yeah its juts a movie and its not real
but life is never just just

point is horror movies are disgusting
and should be banned

HorrorMoviessuc
why would anyone want to watch anyone die in the first place

COG Veteran
Congrats, you just responded to a thread thats been dead for a decade.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by COG Veteran
Congrats, you just responded to a thread thats been dead for a decade.

Your avatar adds troll value to everything you say. haermm

COG Veteran
Trololololololol.

DrDeadpool
Horror movies are the best.

jinXed by JaNx
Everyone loves a good horror movie. Aside from the inspirational wonder story the scary story is everyones favorite kind of story. I would argue this to be true in most cases even if people are aware of it or not. The classic horror story is one that we're hardwired to listen to. It's a very black and white, simple structure. There is something bad...,something "scary" happening to someone else. It immediately makes one start listening because everyone can relate to, something bad that happens in their life and we can all certainly relate to fears. Most horror movies just suck at putting a face on that "bad" thing. The thing that is often placed in the spot of the "bad" or "scary" relatable thing is generally just a gimmick or marketing ploy instead of a genuine observation or statement. I probably completely over thought that but I think you guys know where im comin from, yeah?

MummyRuby
NOOOOO!!! hahaha

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.