anyone know when star wars IV-VI is coming to dvd?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stinkfist462
sumone tell me plz

Kes
Moving to DVD talk
moving--moved

The Messenger
I know where you can get it butI can't post the link, it wont let me. . .

The Messenger
w w w . o n 9 m o v i e . c om

without no spaces

roberto
never is the is answer is it not??????????????

Evil Dead
"I know where you can get it butI can't post the link, it wont let me. . ."

Don't be fooled by that guy.........those Star Wars dvds are bootleggs ripped from the Laser Disc version.

The original trilogy has never been released on dvd. I don't know if they are ever going to release the original versions. Last I heard about it was when they began shooting for Episode 3. Natalie Portman was shooting scenes to be placed in Return of the Jedi.

When the current "prequel trilogy" is done.......they are re-releasing the movies to theater again, the special editions that came out back in '97......but with more newly shot scenes to connect the two trilogies together. This is supposedly happening in 2006........then will be released to dvd just as all movies are after they leave the theaters.

I don't believe the classic trilogy will ever be released on dvd......only the Special Editions with the extra scenes added in..............

stinkfist462
DAMMIT!!!

Evil Dead
That's the exact same thing I said when I heard they were releasing the special editions back in '97.

chico23
Yeah they probably wont release the originals. I heard they wont start on the dvds until George Lucas is free to oversee whole thing and seeing as how hes still working on the trilogy and then possibly Indy 4 it may be quite sometime. Evil is that confirmed about the re-re-release?

Evil Dead
No...........not all of it. It is only rumor about them inserting more scenes into 4 and 5 when they release them again.

People in the Star Wars forum claim it is only rumor that Portman shot scenes for Jedi........even though MSN's main page had an interview with her on it a couple months ago where she blatantly said she had shot a scene to be placed at the end (like Obi-wan, Yoda, and Vader at the end)...and might be shooting more, she didn't know. I guess I'm the only one that has MSN as a homepage, as it is also my ISP.

chico23
Thats interesting but really is it necessary? who knows?
Sad thing is i will probably be there when it comes out.

Gstu
George Lucas said he would not be releasing them on DVD at all, that is what i heard. You can buy them online but like it was said, they are copied from the laserdisc's. I bought my brother copies like that because he wanted them regardless, they are ok I guess. Nothing to special.

Darth Jello
they will be out by late 2004 probably, they will be the "archival edition" with more CGI improvements, new and restored scenes, and an improved, reorchestrated score by john williams. ep 1 and 2 are being discontinued as of 12/31 but will be rereleased with the same treatment

blueboy
Pain and suffering I feel. Meditate on that disturbance in the force I will. sick

Seriously everyone, Lucas must be on drugs.

Evil Dead
The last interview I read with Lucas said the following........

The Classic trilogy will not be released on dvd. Each movie will be released seperately, no box set. Each DVD (all three films) will include both the ORIGINAL version of the film.......and the Special Editions of the films that were made back in '97. It will be just like the E.T. dvd.......it will have the original and the new/improved versions.

Once again.....no trilogy set will be released. Each movie will however be released seperately with both versions of the films included. The plans as of right now are to begin releasing them after Episode III hits dvd. They will not be released at the same time.......they will be released in order a few months apart. None will be released before the Episode III dvd comes out.

Darth Jello
sorry, but i heard of new material being shot and in an interview, john williams said that he is reorchestrating the triology.

I also believe that lucas said that the originals will not be released again. hence the advertisement on the THX editions to get them before they disapear

Darth Jello
personally i'm hoping for a 7 pack, I, II, clone wars, III, IV, V, VI

Evil Dead
Believe what you want.......but do a google search for the criteria "Lucas Original Star Wars Interview" and read.......no matter what you believe, when George Lucas says he is releasing his movies he is. You have no say in the matter.

Darth Jello
exactly, "original" trilogy means the first three films, Unaltered

Evil Dead
exactly........the un-altered versions will be released.

The Star Wars DVD will contain:

Star Wars : A New Hope Special Edition
Star Wars : A New Hope original/un-altered version

The ROTJ DVD will contain :

Return of the Jedi Special Edition
Return of the Jedi original un-altered version

Same with Jedi.

All are being released seperately with both versions of the films packaged together.........just like the "E.T. The Extra Terrestrial" dvd.

Tired Hiker
If Lucas was as organized as Peter Jackson he could probably finish Ep 3, work on the trilogy DVD's and finish up Indy 4 in no time.

Darth Jello
big if, lucas is a chubby old guy who also enjoys living life and spending his gajillions of dollars. besides, he's still got indy 4 to work on

stinkfist462
wasnt there rumors of ep. 7 8 9?

Darth Jello
the guy is gonna be 60 by the time ep 3 comes out. give him a break. plus all the other movies center on anakin and he's dead. so the answer is no way.

Ushgarak
It is not even 'only a rumour', it is simply a re-hash of an old and discredited one. Lucasfilm have DIRECTLY DENIED this. Go to sw.com and Rick MacCallum, executive producer, says that NO such scene has been shot, so whatever interview you saw cannot have been genuine.

http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/rick/askjc20020905.html

Ushgarak
Forget anything you read about new matieral- if there is going to be any it has not been done yet.

Ushgarak
Cannot find a damn thing. Plesse provide a link.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.