star wars game on nintendo gamecube

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mah
star wars: rogue leader will be a launch game for the gamecube (november 5. US), and boy does it look good.

check this beautiful picture out

jedi212guy
Cool.cool

KDawg
That is pretty close to the movies graphics. I give it a thumbs up.

Ratcat
It certainly does look sweet. Is this game gonna be on the PC too?

KDawg
I hope it will come out for PC cause I'm probably not gonna get a Gamecube.

mah
it won't, cause it's the seguel to the nintendo-only rogue squadron.

LanceWindu
Then I'm just going to have to get a Gamecube after I test it out. I say that because the Gamecube is their first try at a CD-ROM type system.

Ushgarak
And you think that Rogue Squadron didn't also come out on the PC because...?

LanceWindu
Who are you talking to here USH?

Ushgarak
Mah. Rogue Squadron DID come out on the PC.

LanceWindu
Really? I didn't even know about that. I guess I'll have to check that out.

mah
sorry about that then, i haven't read about it, nor seen it so i figured it hadn't come out.

Ratcat

mah
look at this

LanceWindu
GOOD GOD Those graphics are freakin' awesome.

Julie
I really liked Rogue Squadron, but I don't think I'm going to buy a gamecube just to get the sequel. Though I do agree the graphics are very nice.

mah
the game got 9 in Electronic Gaming MOnthly, 9.1 from ign.com and 9.4 on videogames.com

Julie
Which game?

mah
rogue squdron II on the gamecube

Texas
Blockbuster sent me this snappy advertisment with a minature CD-Rom disc that has several game demos from GameCube, and I thought the graphics for SW weren't that far from N64's Rogue Sphere confused It's like they just made everything bigger, the explosions and light is just a little improved. Playstation 2 is on my Christmas list this year smile

mah
well if you think that's n64 graphics you couldn't have seen the right pictures, or you're a total nutcase, cause those graphics are as far away from rogue squadron as possible, they're spot-on perfect, picture-quality, far better than the grumpy old PS2.

Texas
Talk about a nutcase roll eyes (sarcastic)

So far X Box, PS2 and Gamecube are all classified as 128bit, but PS2 has far greater 2D/3D acceleration that kicks XBox and GameCubes ass!!!!!!! That's why I'm getting it, besides Nintendo makes sorry games roll eyes (sarcastic)

mah
it is a solid FACT that gamecube and xbox have better graphics than PS2.
and:

1: nintendo makes the best games around (zelda)
2: rogue leader is not made by nintendo.

go to videogames.com, read the review for rogue leader.

Texas
Gamecube does not have better graphics then PS2. On the Nintendo webpage, they sate that GameCube graphics come close to PS2 but dont match them

mah
that is big BS. give me the adress.

Gamecube have or will have:

the lowest price
new zelda, new mario
perfect dark zero
exclusive rights to Resident Evil
great games like wave race, super smash brothers melee, eternal darkness, starfox: dinosair planet, XGIII, plus the ordinarys like Tony Hawks 3
Exclusive Star Wars Rogue Squadron II : Rogue Leader, where you can play as luke in drop-dead-gorgeus graphics

and last but not least: Super Monkey Ball stick out tongue

Texas
I dont have the exact page, I read about it when the GameCube was presented over the summer.

I dont know where your getting this from, but dont you realize that it is cheaper because it's crapier?

Talk to anyone who knows what they are talking about, and they will tell you that GameCube has the worst graphics compared to PS2 and X-Box roll eyes (sarcastic)

You must work for Nintendo or Something stick out tongue

Texas
Damnit Mah, now I'm worried! I went searching to prove you wrong, and it appears that GameCube has superior environments compared to PS2. But I still think that overall GameCube stinks! Do you have one? big grin

mah
clearly you haven't put much time into investigating this.

the gamecube is cheaper because it's a pure gaming machine, no DVD, which is good, as I have a DVD player. the xbox and PS2 have medium-quality DVD-players, which makes them expensive.

the PS2 is almost two years old, having not as good graphics as gamecube. this IS true. look at every gaming site or gaming mag.

as I read about every console-gaming mag, and visit ign.com gamesradar.com and videogames.com every day, I am very updated on gaming news and have a bit of knowledge about it.

Texas
Well hell, now I'm screwed!!!!!
What about x-Box? What have you heard about that?

Do you have a GameCube?

mah
I don't have a gamecube, it's not out in Europe, but I have tested it.

xbox is even a tad more powerful than gamecube, but I'm not to happy:
microsoft, who has made it, have used a computer-sort of machine, which freezes and locks up now and then

the games are mainly games that will also come out on PC, there are no games that has caught my eye so far, with an exception of the shooter 'Halo', but that'll also come out on PC.

it's as big as a video-player ( about 4 times bigger than gamecube)

its expensive ( and I don't want to pay extra for a DVD-player, which I've got)

but as I said the games are my reason for buying a gamecube. smile

Texas
sorry woosy games roll eyes (sarcastic)

Julie
I think Obi wan looks like a good game. x box is expensive, but a lot of game systems cost big $$.

I'm confused now...so which is the best system? x box Ps2 or gamecube???

Texas
I'm confused too.
I think they all have aspects that make them better/worse then the competition. You just have to look at which one suits you.
They are really expensive. I remember the good ole days when it was outrageous for a system to be over $200!
Now X-Box is $500
PS2 $400
and Gamecube $300 I mean, hello people! We are in a recession!
sad sad sad

Julie
Wow I thought the x box was only $300.

$500 is a lot of money.

Texas
It was $500 at the Virgin Megastore I went too
$500 on the internet too sad

Julie
Yikes...I don't know if I'm willing to part with that kind of cash. I mean I'm off to college in a year and then I'll really be strapped for cash. $500....oh the injustice.

Captain REX
Gamecube was only $200, not $300, unless you went to a store that jacked up the price for more money.

Rogue Leader is the BOMB! You pilot cool ships, play cool missions, get rad upgrades, and all that fun stuff.
The ships you can control in the game:
X-Wing, Y-Wing, A-Wing, B-Wing, Airspeeder (Snowspeeder), Millennium Falcon, TIE Fighter, TIE Advanced (Darth's TIE), and Slave I. You can even pick up different ships during gameplay, namely the Bespin Cloud Car and the Imperial Shuttle.

Captain REX
Oops! Forgot one...the N-1 Starfighter! Very boring way of getting it though.

LanceWindu
You can be the slave-1??? I am going to get the Gamecube as soon as I can, just for this game. The other games are alright too.

Captain REX
The Slave I is really slow though. Has 20 Concussion Missiles and 2 laser cannons. Maybe an ion cannon in there somewhere...

The secret levels are awesome! The ones I know about...

Death Star Escape: You're in the Falcon escaping from the Death Star after the Tractor Beams are down. You don't pilot the Falcon, but you take control of one of the quads and fire at TIE Fighters. (Star Wars: A New Hope. Appears above Death Star Attack.)

The Asteroid Field: In the Falcon again. This time you're running from TIE Fighters and zipping through an asteroid field. You go away from 3 Star Destroyers and then, after awhile, you turn around and go back to them, only 2 have left the battle. You land on the back of the command bridge area. (The Empire Strikes Back. Appears above the Battle of Hoth.)

Triumph of the Empire: This time you are Darth Vader in the TIE Advanced. You fly over the Death Star, destroying X-Wings and Y-Wings. Impossible to beat without homing cluster missiles. It tells kind of what would happen if Darth Vader succeeded in destroying Luke, Red Squadron, and Gold Squadron. The ships you use are either TIE Advanced, TIE Fighter, or Imperial Shuttle. (A New Hope. Appears above Strike at the Core.)

Revenge on Yavin: Vader in the TIE Advanced again. You are shooting down Rebel transports and fighters on the fourth moon of Yavin (Yavin IV). Same thing as above. (EU. Appears next to Triumph of the Empire.)

LanceWindu
I can't believe that they have it to where you can fight as Vader after he 'killed' Luke and the other Rogues. That sounds really cool.

Julie
Yeah it sounds nice, unfortunately I don't think I'll ever get to play Rouge Leader sad

Captain REX
Slave I rules! Homing Cluster Missiles kick butt!

LanceWindu
Hell yeah. Homing clusters are the simplest weapons to use, I think.

Julie
Homing clusters make any game too easy.....

Don't you want a challenge? wink

Captain REX
Not if you even want to finish the Triumph of the Empire level! Or if you want a Gold on the second level (Ison Corridor). Cluster missiles with the homing upgrade make it easier and possible to beat levels with golds. But, that depends on the level you play. The only levels where Homing Cluster Missiles are useful and can be used (Slave I or TIE Advanced) are on Triumph of the Empire, Revenge on Yavin IV, and Ison Corridor. They are almost useless on other levels that they can be used on.

Spread bombs also rule. You drop a bomb, and eight smaller bombs fly up and forward. Boom! Only helpful on Vegeance at Kothlis or Imperial Academy Heist.

Julie
So which do you like better Homing clusters or spread bombs?

Captain REX
Clusters. The 8 proton bombs that fly up after the first do as much damage as one laser shot if only one of them hit something small. Usually, spread bombs are useless.

I just got the Naboo Starfighter! Very fun ship. Remember how it could only be accessed via code on Rogue Squadron (if you've played it), well, now you have to beat the Tatooine Training level at day, night, dawn, and dusk.

Maybe you can get the Jedi Starfighter by using a code only?

LanceWindu
I wish I could play this game. It looks awesome and it most likely plays awesome

Captain REX
Lance, if you want more discussion forums, go to www.gamewinners.com. Find the forums, register, and you'll be talking Rogue Leader for awile. I'm there under the name Rogue Squid.

LanceWindu
Once I get settled into my new home that we are going to I'll give it a go.

Captain REX
No ones even thought about spamming me yet. Go past 1000 posts and I'll see you there (if you feel like it).

The game plays awesome. LucasArts isn't releasing as many codes as I had hoped (no secret levels and ships codes), but who cares. Sometimes, when you cause a lot of explosions on screen (Drop a bomb and fly into the blast) it will slow down, but go back to normal in seconds. Slave I is is the slowest, Naboo Starfighter and the Falcon are the fastest.

Julie
so much desturction...........................cool evil face

Captain REX
The people at www.gamewinners.com in the forums section are hoping that the Jedi Starfighter is accessible with codes. Also, a TIE bomber is on the cieling of Imperial hangar, so we're hoping for that too.

Julie
Which ship do you think the jedi star fighter will most resemble. Will it be better than a Naboo starfighter?

Captain REX
It'll probably be like the A-Wing. Wedge-shaped, two laser cannons, and other stuff.

Julie
Will the jedi starfighter have better shields than the A-wings......they may be fast but in Rogue Suadron it doesn't take much to kill one.

Captain REX
Most likely. And it'll be probably a little faster, up there with the Naboo Starfighter.

Julie
ohhh....but will it have a nice shiny finish like the N-1 ?????

LanceWindu
Most likely not, cause if you see Obi-Wans his looks like the paint job from and old X-Wing, cause Lucas is starting the morph into the OT.

Julie
So sad sad
I kinda liked the Shiny ships....not that x-wings aren't cool cool

LanceWindu
Well it would look totally weird being completely shiny then old tattered ships.

Julie
True...I gues there' got to be some kind of transition. Still, I hope it at least flys well

LanceWindu
If it's anything like the N-1 and the X-Wings, yeah it will fly good.

Captain REX
I wonder what the secondary weapon will be.

LanceWindu
Probably proton torpedoes or cuncussion grenades

Captain REX
The three most likely secret fighters to appear in the game are the Jedi Starfighter, TIE Bomber, and TIE Interceptor. Read about in the Gamewinners Forums:

http://www.gameadvice.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=29

You don't have to sign up if you don't want to. Just be careful if you do. Most of the guys are good, but some people just come in to rock the boat. Threads have been locked up constantly, from the first 3 weeks to first 3 minutes.

LanceWindu
So you have to do weird things to unlock the extra vehicles?

Captain REX
Pretty much.

LanceWindu
That's actually much better than just punching in some cheat codes.

Captain REX
Although, it's just an idea. They will most likely be coded in.

LanceWindu
Cheat codes are just that, cheating

Captain REX
What did you want them to be? Earn-the-Impossible Codes? It is so damn hard to get a gold!!! I only have three golds, but to beat the game, I need

15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LanceWindu
And if you keep on practicing and getting better you will win. Also it makes the game go longer not to cheat.

Julie
Yes but its gratifying to blow the heck out of everyne around you too evil face

Captain REX
Plus, they have very hard expectations for golds. Good accuracy, good timing, enough enemies. It's boring.

Julie
Very hard is worth fighting for....is it not?

Captain REX
Okay, let's see you get the golds!
*hands Julie the controller*

Julie
*beats the heck outta everything on screen*
Your turn....fly boy
*hands controller back*

Captain REX
*Picks up controller, enters infinite lives code, and uses Slave I on Battle of Endor level*
Fly, clusters, fly!
*Kills every TIE, gun, and Star Destroyer*

LanceWindu
They have Star Destroyer's on this game? eek!

Captain REX
1 in Razor Rendezvous, 1 in Vengeance at Kothlis (although, this one's the one from RR, only crashed), and 2 in the Battle of Endor.

Julie
Are they hard to "kill"???

Captain REX
With the B-Wing, X-Wing, and Naboo Starfighter, no, but with everything else, very. It has 6 guns on the bridge area, 4 on either side near the middle, 5 in the middle, and 4 ion cannons on either side. That makes 15 rapid-fire cannons and 8 ion cannons. That's only the top! (But the ion cannons are only on top) There are at least 20 on the bottom.

Julie
Yikes....stick with the N1...it won't fail

Captain REX
B-Wing is the best to use though.

Julie
Why confused .....the N1 is pretty wink

Captain REX
With the N-1, you fly up to a Star Destroyer and shoot three torps each at the top generators, then fire like crazy with the lasers.

With the B-Wing, you fly up to a Star Destroyer and charge up the ion cannon, fire it and 2 torps, and finish it off with lasers and you destroy a generator in 5 seconds.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.