Rome Total War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KidRock
hey any of you here of this game? or the total war series in general? great games! check out www.totalwar.com and look up on this game its looking pretty damn good. any comments?

Dirty Vader
Yeah I've heard about Rome total war, it does look good.

Medieval Total War is one of my favourite games. Which factions have you used when playing the game? I have completed it with the germans, the bizantines, the egyptians, the spanish(best cavalry) and the italians.

Ushgarak
I have been a big Total War fan from Shogun onwards.

Medieval was good in many ways but the campaign system was badly flawed; bugs were never fully sorted and there was some basic design erros never corrected (some of the tech trees, especially for Byzantine naval units, were cocked up)

Rome- as seen on Time Commanders, for those of you in the UK- has a complete and utter campaign overhaul with a whole different system that looks damn god.

Main worry- high system specs needed.

KidRock
i mostly use the english in MTW and the italians and Ush i haerd that you actually wont need a higher end pc because of the units are shaped diffrently and wont have to run as many units as say MTW was. just read around those forums.

My main concern: its estimated not to come out until next fall sad

belly_jeans349
what so everyone just stops talking on this thread? lol, RTW is an awesome game, i havent beaten it yet. But the battle techniques in this game have got to be the best war game there is. If you think MTW was addicting you will find RTW too addicting! evil face

Ushgarak
There was another thread about this somewhere where I made some comments just beofre its release; if someone funds it I'll make my post-game comments. It is VERY good, for sure, though low system specs a big NO NO, no matter what was said!

belly_jeans349
by "low system specs" do you mean graphics?

frodo34x
He means his system has low specs for the game

Ushgarak
Not my main computer, but on my Dad's... no fun. You need at least an average computer and to play anything like the full experience you need a powerhouse.

Zen2nd
I got the game but don't really play, its okay I guess

belly_jeans349
oh...i got a geforce4 mx with 1.1 ghz, works fine on mine as long as theres not to many people playing at once. 2 vs 2 is most i can go, anymore will make my computer go nuts

RaventheOnly
I used Denmark and Spain on hard and conquered the whole world evil face

"They set out to reclaim thier homeland... and ended up conquering the whole world" big grin

Ushgarak
As I mentioned in the other thread, the MTW AI was so poor that anyone could do that with a little effort. it was not a challenging game. People were trying to find ways for the AI to cheat to make it more so.

belly_jeans349
im actually learning how to play better on RTW, on MTW i was having a hard time learning tactics. MY ALLY ACTUALLY DIED BEFORE ME ON RTW eek!

frodo34x
There's a mod for RtW (it's at ~10% completion) which converts it to being StW, but with the updated graphics etc.

belly_jeans349
whats stw mean? super total war? lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.