Holy Shit... Wesley Snipes as 007

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ElmStreetFan01
Holy Shit

pablo007
That's the worst idea ever, I'd rather see Will Ferrel as Bond.

pablo007
If you wanna see who'd make a good black Bond then it would be the guy that got sliced into little squares in Resident Evil, he appers in a couple of Brosnan Bond flicks.

ElmStreetFan01
yeah.

yerssot
laughing out loud

ElmStreetFan01
lol

LindsIsTightK
Any movie that Wesley Snipes played Bond in would totally flop. I might go see it for pure amusement but that's about it.

ElmStreetFan01
k

vvvrulz
Here we go again with taking movie icon's and making them black !
Kingpin and Catwoman come to mind, and im not a rascist here, im black myself. Its just stupid.

forumcrew
well wesley snipes would suck.. kingpin isnt a movie icon at all.. he was a comic book icon... and michael clark duncan was the best choice.. theres not many other people they could of picked... race shouldnt matter for someone like kingpin.. it doesnt define him at all

vvvrulz
Yeah ok.. ill accept that, but catwoman?

forumcrew
i agree with that one.. What the f**k? were they thinkin

ElmStreetFan01
In the orginial Batman show Catwoman was played by Eartha Kitt, that was black

Tired Hiker
Oprah Winfrey would make a good Bond.

BackFire
bond is british, not black.

It would not work, it would be like breaking tradition.

vvvrulz
Its like making shaft white.
Its just dumb.

BackFire
laughing out loud Exactly.

yerssot
Bond yes, the actors not

must_kill_Santa
oh they should would be so funny

yerssot
well, no one really counts Lazenby as one big grin

and irish ... pfff, close to being british winkwink

wicker_man
Sean Connery Born in Edinburgh,Scotland
George Lazenby Born in Goulbourn, Australia
Roger Moore Born in South London,England
Timothy Dalton Born in Colwyn Bay, Wales
and Pierce Brosnan Born in County Meath, Ireland.

In case anyone was intrested.

BondJamesBond
Yeah, there is like no black people in Brittan, ummm sorry BF but that was a lame answer roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
he ment that up till now all the actors were white
and it would indeed be silly if they take a black actor for the role of bond

BondJamesBond
Oh, I see confused

yerssot
it's all in the art of understanding BF wink

MISSME
Bond could be black.....Wesley Snipes would be excellent!

Blade II was a good movie and great acting.

How about James Bond being able to "change himself" to be several different actors during a movie?

Also, Snipes would make a great "Super Villain"!

yerssot
wesley snipes wouldn't, not by a long shot

with all respect, but having bond as a white guy from the start up till now, and then change him to a black guy is just rediculous!

ElmStreetFan01
There is black people in Britain.

HockeyFace
Hmm... Wesley Snipes as the retrning... Baron Samedi... anyone like that idea? Not that I like that idea in the first place.

Neo_Version 7
How about getting a chinese guy as Bond?

Jet LI let's say?

A.D. Skinner
Alright...so I may not be a big Bond fan as some...but where does this Wesley Snipes as Bond rumor come from ? Upon looking into it...I have seen that the role was offered to Christian Bale ( who declined since he has taken the new role as Bruce Wayne - Batman ) and then offered to Clive Owen.

If in fact the role of James Bond has been offered to Wesley Snipes, I only have to say good luck ! I think that the true Bond fans might see it as an attempt to yet open their target audience to the black community as well.
As WickerMan has stated...all the previous rolls have been held by European born actors...Wesley was born in Orlando, FL just in case you wanted to compare.

yerssot
you do know that it was a "joke", right?

sqweek
colin farrel as bond ... look at him in a suit in minority report and you'll get a good preview

yerssot
no, I would rather say "a good review" from the food I had earlier :X

Felix L
I vote for Pierce Brosnan as Blade in Blade III. Make a complete swap. laughing out loud

Ahnold
Bump!

Snipes as 007? I really think not ...

yerssot
he can't cause he's black

Ahnold
Precisely.

yerssot
my previous comment does not have the intention to sound racist... it's cause it's established in LALD that Bond is white

Ahnold
Don't worry, I get ya yerss. Heh - this is precisely the reason why I didn't quote my reasoning in my earlier post ...

But surely, yerss, we knew as early as Dr. No that JB is white stick out tongue ...

yerssot
really? what quote was there then?

Ahnold
We need a quote to see that Sean Connery is white?

yerssot
yes, not the color of the actor of course messed

Ahnold
But wouldn't you choose your actor based on the character's established ethnic minority?

yerssot
it's that puff daddy/p.diddy/sean something wants/wanted to be bond and with a simple quote from LALD you can shut that ass up

Ahnold
Or show 'em the books, which I believe state that JB is white ...

yerssot
but there is a huge difference in books and movies

Ahnold
Heh - but not on SUCH a fundamental level ...

yerssot
but the movies have other stories then the book

Ahnold
So? The fundamentals are the fundamentals ...

yerssot
yeah, you have bond, but that's about it stick out tongue

Ahnold
I think that it has always been understood that JB is white, without the need for confirmatory dialogue ...

But let us not digress. Wesley Snipes, huh? Skin colour aside, what do you think?

yerssot
yeah, but I mean that to affectively get him to stop, is to give a quote which clearly states that Bond is white messed

he would be a bit too rough for bond messed

Ahnold
STILL think that that's a tad unnecessary. I mean, how would you feel about Harrison Ford being replaced by a black actor should there be further Indy films {beyond four} that Ford wants nothing to do with? There's no SPECIFIC dialogue to state that Indy is white; but it's UNDERSTOOD. There's no need to spell out something as obvious as this when it comes to JB!

But at least we have that quote should we want to, I suppose stick out tongue .

As for Snipes as an actor? I agree - too rough ...

yerssot
well, I mean that if you can show a quote from which it's clear bond is white, a black guy shouldn't go ask to become bond

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.