Top 10 Horror movies of all time? (MSN.com's recent list)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SaTsuJiN
http://entertainment.msn.com/news/article.aspx?news=103115

I'd just like to know if you agree and why, and even what 'you' think should be in the top 10. Hell even create a top 10 of our own wink

shaber
They're all too out of date.

BackFire
Pretty good list if you ask me.

Though TCM should be way higher stick out tongue

silver_tears
i kinda disagree i was surprised by the high elm street rating........didnt think it was all that special erm

BackFire
I'm very shocked to see The Shining not mentioned.....shame on them.

silver_tears
well the good news is they stuck to classics and not shitty new movies that try to hard like darkness falls or cabin fever

chico23
I was very shocked to see some of the movies they did mention. I was thinking they would have a bunch of crap in there. I would move the exorcist off the list move The Shining in and change places with Suspiria and TCM and I dont know about Repulsion I haven't seen it....does anyone recommend it?

BackFire
I've never seen it either.. (repulsion) but I've heard great thing's about it.

shaber
Yes! Scratch the Exorcist. It's just a string of nasty special effects that leave a bad taste in the mouth!

silver_tears
well depends which exorcist

BackFire
First one is the only one that ever gets mentioned in here.

silver_tears
oh well then smile

h0ck3yh0rr0r
NOES is too overated. I think halloween should be #8 but cmon NOES #5....it should be at least 9.

regex_1
I think it is hard to pic a top ten. I think the Exocist is very scary and the new remake of TCM is very good also. But NOES I would not say is one of the top 10 scarest.

BackFire
Well, just for the sake of discussion... I will post my top 10...

1. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
2. The Shining
3. Psycho
4. Night of the Living Dead
5. Henry - Portrait of a Serial Killer
6. 28 Days Later
7. Last House on the Left
8. Dawn of the Dead
9. Irreversible
10. Cannibal Holocaust

chico23
Irreversible is the one with Monica bellucci right? If its the one I'm thinking about its fairly new. Do you know if you can get it on DVD? I been wanting to see that.

here's mine

1. Night of the Living Dead
2. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
3. Psycho
4. Dawn of the Dead
5. Evil Dead II
6. Henry--Portrait of a Serial Killer
7. Dog Soldiers
8. Halloween
9. Creepshow
10. Last House on the Left

chico23
Man that sucks I forgot The Shining...oh forget I suck at those list anyways.

BackFire
That's a damn good list chico

slayer
heres my list:
1. TCM
2. Wrong Turn
3. 28 days later
4. Evil Dead
5. Night of the living dead
6. identity
7.NightMare On Elm st.
8.The Shining
9.Final Destination 2
10.Halloween

slayer
Many mag disagree w/my list but it's my opinion and i know people r gonna say Wrong Turn wtf i luv it! big grin

chico23
I haven't seen wrong turn, but I haven't heard good things about it.

BF is it possible to get irreversible on DVD?

chico23
Nevermind I went to amazon and they have it.

BackFire
Have you seen that movie Chico? It's amazing..

slayer
I haven't seen it yet when it comes out on DVD i'll buy it!

SaTsuJiN
well I thought wrong turn was one of the better 'next gen' horror flicks. For the most part it was 8 dollars well spent wink definately gonna snag it on dvd sometime this week (and 28 days later since people been saying how good it is, and I love the opening sequence from the trailer so..).

Evil Dead
For the record......A Nightmare on Elm Street is not over rated. It was truly original and a great horror movie.

The Nightmare on Elm Street series is over rated.........nothing special at all about 2-7.........parts 3-6 actually seem like paradies of the first movie.

My top 10:

1. The Omen
2. Jaws
3. The Amityville Horror
4. Hellraiser
5. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
6. Night of the Living Dead
7. Psycho
8. The Last House on the Left
9. A Nightmare on Elm Street
10. 28 Days Later (best horror movie made in probably 15 years)

Dario Argento
I think some of them are good choises, but I don't understand why films like Flesh for Frankenstein and Blood for Dracula never are mentioned on those lists, they are really good.
Of course The Shining should be there too, but I also think Dellamorte Dellamore should be there, it is one of the best horror movies in 10 years.

ragesRemorse
that list was damn good, here our mine seperated with the reasons

1Texas chainsaw massacre ------broke all the rules. perfection at its best
2.Night of the living dead-------Impact to horror industry, classic horror
3.Nightmare on elmstreet------Impact on horror industry
4.Rosemary's baby-----Use of pshycological horror
5.evil dead2-----The first great horror comedy mixture (personal fav)
6.Pshyco-----impact on horror industry
7.Hellraiser----Originality, it's achievment on breaking boudaries
8.Angel heart----personal fav
9.Dawn of the dead---Best zombie movie---classic horror
10 American werewolf in london-----best werewolf movie, one of only 2

Lord_Andres
I cant belive they chose Night of the living dead it's soooooooo bad

anyway heres my list

1.The Fog
2.The Thing (New One)
3.Freddy vs Jason
4.Friday The 13th Part7
5.JC Vampires2
6.JC Vampires
7.Blair Witch 1
8.Nightmare on elm street
9.Alone in the dark
10.Jaws

Michael Myers 1
try this one list of 10 scariest movies

chico
Nope. i just ordered it though so wont be long!

chico
Man I sure didn't like that one, although Jaws is one I forget. I don't see what all the fuss is about The Others it seemed a bit lame to me. The Exorcist at number one....no way.

Michael Myers 1
try this Top 10 Scariest Moments

ragesRemorse
i dont see jaws as a horror movie. I would see it as more thriller/suspense. The others wasa good movie, but without the ending is nothing

ragesRemorse
take out THE ring, bliarwitch, and the omen. with a few number changes and that would be a great list

h0ck3yh0rr0r
heres mine

1. Night of the Living Dead
2. Psycho
3. Return of the Living Dead
4. Dawn of the Dead
5. Red Dragon
6. Silence of the Lambs
7. Henry--Portrait of a Serial Killer
8. The Shining
9. Last House on the Left
10. Halloween (hard to choose the last one)

h0ck3yh0rr0r
11. Headless Horsemen (russian horror movie) (not the exact title. the real title is in russian) (great movie. its black and white.)

chico
man I feel so bad for leaving the shining out now sad

Michael Myers 1
Halloween 10th? screw u mad stick out tongue eek!

Striel
I totally disagree with that list. I own Suspira, and I will never understand why some people consider it to be one of the scariest movies of all time. There are two others on the list I have never heard of, so I can't judge if they are worthy of being on there or not. I don't think Psycho should be number 1.

Michael Myers 1
yea i mean just cuz its a classic doesnt mean its scary.

Dogbert
1 comment and 1 question

I am susprised that nobody mentioned "The Hills Have Eyes." I thought that was a great horror movie. Movies like the blair witch don't belong on any horror lists. I can't believe some enjoyed this film.

Backfire, what is Cannibal Holocost about? I never heard of that.

J-Sin.VS.Fred-D
1. "Psycho" oh my god... HAHAHHAHAHAAA more funny then scary... :X

SaTsuJiN
Then again, I think they are going by the opinions of people who have lived through both generations of horror (the old and the new). So that could also bear alot of effect on ones opinion. Such as nostalgia for the older ones might lead for them to be placed higher etc.

slayer
Yeah that wasn't a very good list.

Striel
I see someone mentioned The Hills have Eyes. I am not a huge fan of that movie, although I know a lot of horror buffs love it.

Michael Myers 1
i say Halloween should be in the top 10 in any list but between 1 and 5

BackFire
Cannibal Holocaust would be best described as 'blair witch where something actually happens'. Basically it's the same style as blair witch, but instead of the team doing a movie about a witch, they're doing it about cannibals.

It's an outstanding horror flicks, unfortunately it's hard to find in stores.

chico
Isn't there a knock off of cannibal holocaust? Thought I seen it at Best Buy or maybe its a sequel?

BackFire
There's many many cannibal movies, it's its own sub-genre.

chico
oh thought i seen one with a very close title ill try to think of it.

chico
Oh I remember I had this question for you before it was Cannibal Apocalypse

chico
What's really sad is I see that all the time when I'm looking for Cannibal Holocaust which I haven't seen and want to so bad. sad

Dogbert
OMG. i was just at a web site and saw sum pics from the flick. Did this really happen or it is just a flick?

BackFire
It's fiction, however, there are scenes in which animals are really killed and mamed. It's truley disgusting, but makes the movie feel very genuine.

tabby999
i dunno, i feel pretty jipped that Friday the 13th only gets mentioned once. i meen sure, some of the movies are shite, but still, Jasons a ledgend

BackFire
the movie's are in no way good or scary.

Michael Myers 1
what Friday the 13th?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.