The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LindsIsTightK
Alright, let us all bow down and praise this game for everything great and wonderful that it is.http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/notworthy.gif

This game is totally awesome! Does everyone agree with me?

Tex
Yes! It was way better than Majoras mask! Did you get the Bonus Disk with Windwaker?

BackFire
Yep, great game.

royal_jester
Yes I agree this game is good but not as good as the classic Zelda gameswink

LindsIsTightK
I haven't even played the new Zelda yet embarrasment My friend bought me the game for my birthday, and it was the one that came with the bonus disk, but she never gave it to me, stupid b!tch mad

Tex
laughing out loud

Haven't played Wind Waker yet!?! Shame on you! stick out tongue

LindsIsTightK
I know embarrasment

I have the money to buy it now, but I haven't decided if I am going to. They aren't selling Windwaker with the bonus disk anymore and I really want it so I may check out e-bay to see what kind of deals they have.

Tex
Yeah, that's the least you could do! roll eyes (sarcastic)

LindsIsTightK
Oh shush you stick out tongue We can't all be as up to date as the devine diva himself roll eyes (sarcastic)

royal_jester
Wind Waker is toooooo easy...Big waste of money

Tex
A truer statement has never been uttered!

crazy_c
Oh welll the bonus disk makes up for it. I love ocarina of time i wish my n64 wud stop breaking sad

LindsIsTightK
My mom gave my younger brothers my Nintedo64 so I rarely get to play it mad I told her I was taking it when I move out though, in which case my Zelda days will resurface big grin

mah
Ocarina of Time is the 2nd greatest game of all time.

LindsIsTightK
I disagree, it has to be the first. There is just nothing that can compare to this game. Nothing.

BackFire
Sorry Linds, you don't have the gaming knowledge needed to give that statement credibility.

You simply haven't played very many great games. That's my assumption anyways.

LindsIsTightK
Well the only games I have ever been interested in are all role-playing adventure games. I hate any other kind of games. My cousin made me play then when I was little and I hated them more then anything miffed Every now and then I play some sports games or other kind of games with my brothers but not very often. Doesn't matter, I still love Zelda. That's all there is to it.

slayer
Yeah Zeldas great the only games that compare with it r The new buffy game and soul Calibur!

ragesRemorse
ocrana of time is easily one of the greatest games of all time. It lies in the top 5 if not the top 3. If not for everything else this game is and offers. Simply for the gamming expierence. Ocrana of time is in my top memorable gamming expierences. It is also one of the best gor many other gamers

ragesRemorse
how come Nintedo only makes Zelda games were you play as a little boy anymore? The next two will have the same concept of you playing as a little boy. not to mention the un nessicary cell shading. Is it just me or does anyone else prefer playing the role of Link as a man or well atleast older character?

Leviathan-22
Well, just as long as the new one isn't on some platform where you can only see left or right like in the old days... they need something newer so more people can enjoy the game more than the last time. I'll have to say that video games need TO STOP CEL SHADING!!! Video games are suppose to look more realistic than back in the day. Cel Shading does not have any REALISM into it. But I think that I heard something about the next video game from someone, maybe some shitty gossip.

mah
Cel shading in zelda is done perfect. You can't see that it's cel shading, cause it just looks like a cartoon. It has to be said, not a single game has impressed me as much graphics-wise as The Wind Waker.

And if he's a boy or man is wholly irrelevant.

ragesRemorse
eigther way it still looks like a cartoon. I can tell without a daubt its cell shaded. look at the outlining of everything. I dont want to play cartoons, i dont want to play as a little boy hero saving the world or battling powers a thousand times his ability. I mean he's a boy. His balls havent dropped yet, he is still shocked to hear a swear word. Dont say the fact weather he is a little boy or a man is irrelevent. Because in all actuallity it is not. It changes the whole atmosphere of the game. The age of a character changes the atmosphere in any game.

FallingBlue
Probably my favorite Zelda of all time, it and Link to the Past http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/notworthy.gifhttp://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/notworthy.gifhttp://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/notworthy.gif

ragesRemorse
yeah link to the past is a close second

mah
Funny thing is you like link to the past where link looks equally cartoonish as in Wind Waker. The Wind Waker was actually a return to the old-skool style of Zelda.

ragesRemorse
i like link to the past beause of the game expeirence i took away from it at a young age. I wouldnt say it looks as equally cartoonish. link to the past still looks like a video game. Windwaker looks like a cartoon

mah
Because it's more advanced, techically, yes.

ragesRemorse
i could care how technically advanced it is. It still looks Corny.Not to mention childish.The cell shading just come across to me a stunt to appear creative,and give me a headache.

Dont get me wrong im not going to discredit a game just becuase it may be geared more for a yuonger audience. I love the occasional none threatning gamming expierence like jak, or mario. The cell shading is not the only thing that turned me off of the windwaker. It was more the substance of the game. It diddnt feel anything like a Zelda game. From the story to the repetitve game play that lacked the Zelda feel.

J_To_The_P
This game is one of my favorite games of all time, I love the Master Quest on GameCube to.

Fave Games in no order: OoT, Link To The Past, Super Metroid, Mario Bros. 3

Jackie Malfoy
Great game.One of the best!Right now through I am playing the Four Swords one for the super Ninteno and that game is fun too,Almost got it beaten!JM

Phoenix Aska
I liked the ocarina of time(OTT)

The master quest version for the gamecube was difficult to figure out where to go next in my opinion....

The four swords gamecube version was fun too!!

back to the old graphics!!!

Agent Elrond
THE best game ever
*waits for fans of FFVII to kill me*

OoT was one of only 4 games to get a perfect 10 on Gamespot. Truly the best game for N64

JToTheP
Don't worry about some Final Fantasy fanboy ****, FF7 and FF10 are 2 of the worst games/RPGs I ever played in my entire ****ing life.

Master Quest was just the RIGHT amount of difficulty needed, and it was refreshing to play OoT on a more comfortable controller. Wind Waker was ALRIGHT, but ridiculously hard.

Phoenix Aska
I'm just wondering JtotheP...

If you don't like FF7, why do you have the Rufus thingy???

He was the president of Shinra until he was killed by Diamond weapon...

I didn't think that the WW was very hard.....the new Zelda game look AWESOME though....

JToTheP
Cuz it's a "gang" thing, and I have no other sig at the moment.

WW was ridiculously hard, and finding the Triforce sucked.

Wind Waker 2 is going to be incredible.

Phoenix Aska
The new Zelda game looks really good...but I don't knkow what it's going to be called(I forgot)
But it looks really good and shows Link looking like a more teenage seious swordsman....

It will be the best Zelda game since the Legend of Zelda OT.

Samas-adian
Loved all Zelda's. Wind Waker especially. The graphics were very artistic and fitted very well into the theme of the game. And remember the graphics look cartoonish and childish because it's generally a kids game. But still amazing anyways.

Phoenix Aska
I thought the graphics looked cartoonish to show link's emotions better somehow.....

^^on the WW

Agent Elrond
I really got to get Master Quest. Uberly cool graphics and better controller. I still have my OoT for N64, but no working controller sad. MM was interesting, but waaay to short (ignoring sidequests) WW had a nice look. The cell-shading was so-so, well done, ut I didn't like it too much. WW also felt too short for me.

btw Rufus was never a member of the Turks, he was head of Shinra. Cool sif though. The Turks rocked

Phoenix Aska
Hmmm...

The master quest had the same graphics as The Ocarina of Time....

Samas-adian
True about the emotions. The game had no adult themes and if done realistically, would of been kinda of wierd. Story in WW was kidna of cute and adventorus and the graphics reflected that.

Phoenix Aska
The WW had to be the longest Zelda game so far...

Emma718
the new Zelda game for Gamecube coming out next year has Link older like 17-19. Can not wait for the new Zelda! They have gone back to the realistic style which is good. I do like the the style in WW, back i miss the realistic look. Also on the name of the new game, the name has not yet been decided so ppl are just calling it Zelda 05 for now. Have you seen the tralier it looks Awesome.

Anyway i have Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and WindWaker so far. I love all of them smile

JToTheP
WW THE LONGEST!? WW HAD 5 DUNGEONS, YOU CAN'T COUNT 700 HOURS OF SIDE-QUESTS AS LONG! MAJORA'S MASK WAS RIDICULOUSLY LONG AND SUCKED, IT HAD ZELDA FLASHBACKS, TOTAL BULLSHIT!!! I wish WW had more dungeons, then those ****in lame side-quests, and the triforce ugh that sucked.

Red Superfly
Ocarina Of Time was the longest.

One request for the new game - bring back fishing!

Phoenix Aska
Well with all the side quests I meant that the WW was the longest....

Emma718
oo..hopefully the new one will be even longer then OoT and MM. So far it looks huge. Can not wait to see what the others characters look like!

JToTheP
NO fishing, fishing in OoT, owes me 2 wasted hours of my youth, just for a piece of heart, and that damn gold fin. laughing out loud

Phoenix Aska
Fishing wasn't that bad...it only took me like half an hour to catch both big fishes ang get the pieces of heart and gold scale....

Red Superfly
Fishing rocked!!!!!

I want it back!

It would be awesome if you had to catch a fish that looked just like the "Hoy there small fry" fish. And then fry it.

Agent Elrond
Fishing ruled! I spents hours fishing, finding th hidden lure, and catching the big fish. Taking the fishing guys hat was also fun.

Phoenix Aska
Yes...taking the fishing guy's hat was amusing for a very short amount of time seeing his ugly ass hair-cut and not giving his hat back to him....

Emma718
the fushing place was nice...something relaxing i guess..lol

Red Superfly
It was soooooooooo relaxing.

Remember when the water is drained from the Lake and the only way to get to the fishing as adult Link is to plant one of those floating platforms, or do the water temple.

I must have played that game through about nine times.

It still reminds me of Christmas too, that's when I got it. Awesome, feel good game.

Phoenix Aska
The best part of the Zelda OOT game was fighting the dragon in the mountain!!!

eleveninches
I havent played windwaker or any other gamecube zelda games, but ocarina of time was THE game on the n-64 at the time. it was absolutely AWESOME

Emma718
Have to say being the first 3D Zelda game and it was released in 98...it was awesome game back then, it still is. But have a feeling the new Zelda 2005 will bet it...because the graphics look sooo awesome, the land will be alot bigger and the storyline will hopefully be good. Just check out the Zelda 2005 theard, because i posted pics there of the game

Zelda2005 Theard smile

Mandos
It's been so long but I still consider it was one of the best games ever.

Sith Master X
I'm a diehard fan of the Zelda series, and I must admit, OOT is the greatest of all the Zelda's. The WindWaker is a very close second.

As far as Majora's Mask goes, it was great, but the one thing that thoroughly pissed me off about that game was the friggen time limit! Argh. It sucked. I know you could slow time down and all that, but it still was kind of annoying.

Darth_Decimator
OOT is one of my alltime faves for sure , i lost count of how many hours i spent playing that game and also how many times i finished it playing from start to finish , i didnt get into MM because i couldnt afford it and had to rent it but it was only overnight and i couldnt really get into it , i probably wouldve enjoyed it if i had the chance , didnt like WW , only played it once the cartoony graphics really p'd me off and i havent given it another chance , i cant wait for zelda2005 looks amazing im hoping that it will rekindle my love for zelda , did any of you guys manage to get the special zelda thing i saw it on the nintendo website , apparantley it was a disk with EVERY zelda game ever made from the early days on nes up to MM on 64 , the site says it was discontinued , so did anyone manage to get a copy ?? how was it ??

Sith Master X
I really hope that you didn't play the WW for a short amount of time, and didn't like the graphics so you gave up on it.

If that's the case, you missed out on one hell of a great game. I know the graphics are different at first, but really, you get used to it after a while, and the game is so addicting. Alot of neat new features were introduced in WW and played a major role in the game.

What was really, really awesome about WW was that as you get towards the end of the game, how everything ends up tieing into Ocarina of Time. It was almost like an indirect sequel to the game.

Darth_Decimator
oh really ? i had no idea about that , yeah i pretty much didnt like it straight away and gave up , based on what youve said i will have another crack at it as my house mate does own the game cheers Sith Master X

Sith Master X
Oh yes, it get's totally awesome, and the best part is, you don't even know that it's coming. You see, Link does alot of sailing in the game. After he beats the Temple of Gods, he descends underneath the sea, and guess where he descends to? Hyrule! It was completely flooded by water. But it get's even better, this is truley the greatest, and most clever moment of any Zelda games. Once he has fully descended, he goes inside the old Temple, and Link discovers a statue of himself holding the Master sword there. In front of the staute, are 3 triangles. You move these triangles around until they form the "Triforce" and once you do that, there is a cut scene. The statue then moves, revealing a tiny hole with steps. You go down these steps, and come upon a sword that is drilled into the stone floor. Link pulls it out, and it is the famous "Master Sword"! He then meets the King of Hyrule, who informs Link that this is 100 years after the events of OOT, and that Ganondorf is responsible for the great winds that have flooded water into Hyrule. Of course, as you remember, link needs the master sword to defeat Ganon, and to deflect back light, which is Ganon's weakness. But in this one, something is wrong. The Master Sword has become dull and lost all of it's powers. Before Link can use this and move on to the final part of the game, he must go to some more temples to retrieve it's power. Once that is done, you descend back down into Hyrule, use the Master Sword to cut open a force field that is blocking you from Ganon's castle, and then you move forward to face Ganon once again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.