Why not use the Chamber of Secrets for the secret DADA class?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jennyanderson
Why didn't Harry and Co. use the Chamber of Secrets for their secret Defence Against the Dark Arts Class? Only Harry in the whole world could open it, the Basilisks has been dead for more than two years, so there will be no smell of rotting flesh; it seemed well lit and very spacious from the movie, if not (well lit, that is), they could've just simply gotten some torch. Why? Why? Why? Whats more they didn't even think about it for one second, as a matter of fact, there was no mention of the Chamber of Secrets anywhere in the book. Don't tell me that the memory was too horrible for Harry! Harry was desperate to find a place and he is not the kind of guy who gets scared easily, remember his worst fear is a Dementor, and worst memory- his parents dying? So the chamber couldn't be his worst memory! And if they wanted to get out of the chamber, then all they had to do was to get some broomstick, since almost all of them had it, or they could use the "Wingardium-Leviosa" charm on each other.
It's really pissing me off, Umbridge catching them red handed, then Dumbledore becoming a fugitive, Sirius dying! It's all related, people! Umbridge couldnt have caught them in the first place if they hadnt used the Chamber.
What are your opinions or explanation guys? I'd really like to hear it, it might help me!

tigereyes456
he probably didn't want ot cuz of the memories i guess..good idea tho!

frootlooplucy
good idea! maybe the chamber doesnt exist anymore because slytherins monster was killed... or soething like that.

its_magic
part from the fact it is caved in i reckon it would be a good idea lots of bloody space and there is no way filch could catch them there or anyone for that fact cause like u said harry is da only person to speak snake

airangel429
IF THE SPACE...was available...GREAT IDEA!! Yeah umbridge sucks...but she got what was coming to her in the end!!! big grin

its_magic
oh yeah u know what time it is throw ya hands up!!!!!!!!!! lol

airangel429
yeah..lol

LilyGinnyBlack
Well, one reason is is that part of it is caved in, I don't think Harry or Ginny would have wanted to remember what happened down there, and also it would have been really odd and suspicious if about twenty-five or some odd kids just started to line up in the old girl's bathroom that doesn't seem to be in use anymore.

airangel429
WEll it would've been a GOOD SECRET place....but yeah...old memories aren't that great to be reliving

shaber
How would they have got back up the pipe without Fawkes the Phoenix? It is certainly cold, remote and uncomfortable! Then there's the rockfall, don't think that is cleared and the ancient structure mught be unstable. no

airangel429
yeah....but it was a good place that was hard to find...minus all the stuff that prevented it from being used now. big grin

crazy_c
I thought the chamber of secrets could only be opened by the heir of slytherin........hee hee (mental image of harry asking voldy to open chamber of secrets so they can practice destroyin him) roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

airangel429
yeah...ha..............BUT.....Harry did open the chamber...so maybe he is or isn't the heir.

crazy_c
He didnt open it, it was already opened

airangel429
true..from ginny...BUT he was the one who spoke in parsal tongue and therefore opened it! smile

The Ones
i think it wasnt used because when they jump into the pipe it doesnt close???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.