USH'S MATRIX GAME- TRAINING MISSION- Capture the Flag

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
Welcome to the Zion combat condition simulator. Where the Dojo allows you to purely test your skill, this neural-active simulation gives our soldiers the chance to practice a far broader range of things necessary for survival in the Matrix. The Combat Condition Simulator may be used by appointment only. It is the perogative of the Captains to best direct its use.

Ok, folks, listen up, Dallas has a simple combat exercise for you guys. Mission is- Capture the Flag!

-----

BRIEFING: There twill be two teams, A and B. As it stands, A is led by Coeus and B by Fire. That may change according to availability. Who goes on which team is up to who wants to go where and who the leaders want. There must be the same amount on each team- Grim will join a team if we have odd numbers.

You will be placed in an enclosed city environment at night with no exits. You start in small alcoves in the walls made up of buildings. Team A starts in an alcove on the north side, Team B on the south. There is a rectangular building between you, with the shorter sides facing you guys. The building consists of three rooms, with doors between each room and on the short sides. Therefore any one of you could enter the building, walk through each room in turn, and emerge at the exit closer to the other team. The building may not be entered by any means other than the two entry doors.

Each room takes one round (four actions) to walk through. You may simply run around the building to the other side in two rounds (eight actions).

The northern-most room (closest to Team A) is room one. The middle room is room two, The southern one, closest to Team B, is room three.

Rooms one and three each contain ten standard duty City Policemen armed with Glocks who have been programmed to treat you as terrorists. They are expecting your attack.

Room two has 16 SWAT policemen armed with assault rifles and wearing body armour. Note that in the Dojo SWAT police had extra skill- this is not true in this simulator or in the Matrix- here, SWAT are simply better equipped and that can make a big difference. The SWAT policemen will also treat you as hostile.

Also in room 2 is the flag, in Zion's colours.

The first team to get the flag and take it to the OPPOSING team's starting point, wins the match.

Therefore both teams have to fight through rooms 1 or 3 as fast as possible to try and get the flag from room 2. What you dod when you get it is up to you.

As in the Dojo, normally lethal weaponry has been programmed to be non-lethal in this scenario.

COMMENTS- By Dallas.

"These are the following things I want to see tested and practiced here:

Combat Conditions- You will be fighting in relatively realistic conditions. You will be facing not only large amounts of mundanes, working in teams, well-equipped and making use of terrain, but also opponents on a par with yourselves- i.e. each other! Only difference is that you will not be facing the two threats as a whole- the mundanes will shoot at your foes as well as you.

Teamwork: In the Dojo you are only worried about yourself. Here you must work as a team in support of each other- the team that does that best will very likely win

Planning: Strategy may decide this just as much as fighting.

Working without secrecy: Sometimes the System knows what you are doing. So it will be with your opponents- both teams will be constantly appraised on what the other team is planning and doing

Knowing your goals: In the Dojo, you fought to win only. Here, it is no good if you take out all but one of your opponent's team if the last one gets the flag and wins because you were too busy fighting everyone else. Sometimes your priority will be different, to get out of a fight and get to where you want to be. Hence, unlike in the Dpjo, the 'retreat' and 'flee' options may become extremely useful- doubly so to the flag carrier!

Other than that, I want to see brains and I want to see guts, you know the drill!"

SPECIAL RULES:

Training Mission: This is a training mission. You cannot die during it. Nothing will happen outside of the parameters of the exercise- no Agents will come! You may jack out at any time without a hardline. There is no direct reward for participating other than it will get you vital training for the real thing- pretty much what it says it is!

Pure Combat Mission: This designation for an Assignment means it is a mission where no stealth or subtlety is in any way required. Therefore the Concealment rules will not be used- you may simply take as much gear as you can carry!

SPECIAL EQUIPMENT:

The Flag (found in room two): Taking the flag to your opponent's starting point wins you the match. It is a large flag on a pole some two metres long.

The flag has been coded to be utterly useless as a weapon.

Each of you has a flag-belt so you may carry it without using a hand and it is weightless. However, it DOES get in your way. Anyone carrying the flag gets -1 to his Martial Arts and Gun skills.

The flag makes you ever so slightly slower moving. This does not affect your speed. However, if two or more people are trying to get to the same place at the same time as each other- like trying to beat the flag carriere to a doorway- then the flag carrier will ALWAYS get there last regardless of his speed.

When in combat with the flag carrier you have an extra option- Grab. This may not be enhanced by the use of Paths except for those that affect Blocked opponents. The attack gets +4 to hit a prone opponent rather than the normal +2. It automatically succeeds against Held opponents. A successful Grab does no damage but means the attacker becomes the flag carrier- but he is still in the combat!

The flag may not be thrown. It may be handed to someone nearby as an action.

TIPS: It is a simple scenario, but your guess is as good as mine. Should you just pile in and fight through both rooms ASAP and get the flag? Do you kill ALL the cops in the first room or just get through it? Do you wait for the other team to take out half the SWAT guys before going in yourself? Do you leave a guy back for defence? Do you send someone around to attack your opponents from behind? When you meet, do you just pile in, pair off and fight or will one team have a different tactic in mind? Well, we shall see.

Any questions, please ask!

Ushgarak
Loadout

You are in a pure white room surrounded by vast amounts of weaponry. Welcome to the Loading Programme!

Here you may chose wht you are taking with you into the Assignment.

As there is no worry about concealment on this mission, your only worry is how much you can carry. The amount you can carry without difficulty depends on your strength.

3: Nine points worth
4: Eleven points worth
5: Thirteen points worth.

Carry more than that and you get penalties.

Here are the encumbrance levels of stuff you might carry:

Shades: 0
Watch: 0
Wallet: 0
Mobile Phone: 0

Beretta 85FS .380 Security Pistol: .5
Glock 17: 1
Glock 18: 2
Sig-Saur P229: 2
.50 AE Desert Eagle: 3
Ingrams Mac 10: 3
Dlask Tactical Entry Shotgun: 5
H&K MP5: 4
M16 Assault Rifle: 6

Spare pistol clip: .5
Spare shotgun clip: 1
Spare smg/assault rifle clip: 1.5

Throwing Knife: 1/.5
Knife: 1/1
Staff: 7/2
Spear: 9/3
Sword: 6/3

Melee weapons have two numbers as they are normally harder to conceal than to carry. The first number is used only if you are trying to hide the weapon- so ignore it. Look at the second number only, which is its weight.

Dexx
Rade takes a sword and a mp5.
can i be in team b?...who's in it?

Ushgarak
Right now, Fire! So that means:

Team A:
Coeus

Team B:
Fire
Rade

Taking any clips, Rade? (The guns do come loaded, of course; spare clips are on top of that)

Phoenix
I don't mind what team. B would be cool cos FIRE! but A is cool too, I don't want Coeus left all on his own!

~Virus

Phoenix
I guess 'll take a coupla knives..

Ushgarak
And guns, Phoe?

Fire
Virus, why do you think I am the better of Coeus we are very well matched smile

let's see I want 2 swords: 6 points
2 glock18's: 4 points
2 spare clips: 1 point

11 points total

Ush I assume PMing my team about possible strategy is not allowed

also a few questions:
A) is it possible to get ontop of that building?
B) are the rooms empty except for the mooks or is there furniture or something like that in them?

SpikeSpiegel
Yeah, I'll take a couple of guns, how much do walther cp88's take?

JediHDM
alright, as long as i got one person that is coppertop killer...

alright, heres my loadout:
shades
watch
phone
my Katana (3)
Beretta (.5)
__with ammo (1.5)
Dlask (5)
__with ammo(1)

tptmanno1
hey, guess what, im using my hot zone points to up my strength to 5!!
hehe, i knew that those would come in handy!
therefore
1 deagle__3 pts
1 mp5____4pts
2 throwing knives_1 pt
2 knives __2 pts
3 pistol clips__1.5 pts
1 smg clip_1.5
total_15 pts

Extra-
all of the free stuff
wallet, cell phone, car keys, ect

(lol)
i dunno what team i should be on, i really don't care.
hmm
enie meanie miney moe!
team A i guess

Ushgarak
You can PM for strategy if you want, Fire, or use messengers, or whatever. Just when you actually DO things, people will know.

The contents of the rooms are deliberately undefined.

Fire, the Glock 18 takes smg clips (or actually ugly foot-long pistol clips, as mentioned in its description in the combat rules). It's the gun Morpheus uses to destroy the Twins' car, actually... but yeah, they take take 1.5 each I am afraid! 35 bullets in each one though.

Burn- I am afraid you cannot Hot Zone up to 5! You can only download skills in-game, remember? You could re-gig your whole set-up from scratch before we start to buy another strength point, but that would cost eight! Stats are not cheap. All in all, you have to dump some stuff, I feel. After all, you are right now carrying enough hardware to fight the Battle of Normandy single-handed...

I suspect strength is going to become more popular...

Other than that, no problems. I reckon that Ares and Burn should go on different teams as they are the gun nuts, much as the pure sword nuts have also been seperated.

Cloud- Walter CP88 takes up one.

Team A:
Coeus
Burn

Team B:
Fire
Rade

tptmanno1
but i wanna take on d-day!!
ok fine
ill swap my mp5 for a mac 10 and drop the throwing knives

Ushgarak
And so it is done!

tptmanno1
ok, one thing, is it possible to pop out from behind cover and just spray fire from a smg, not aim at anything but just wildly spray bulletts all over the place, to privide a distraction, or cover fire?

Ushgarak
There may actually be properly official covering fire rules at some later date. Right now, though, I'll try and handle these things as they happen.

Captain REX
Team A!

Shades
Mobile Phone
M16 Assault Rifle: 6
3 spare smg/assault rifle clip: 4.5

tptmanno1
ok, just wanted to kno

Dexx
yes, add a spare clip to that..and a mobile phone.

Phoenix
I was strength 3, wasn't I?

Phoenix
I don't understand guns...

Ushgarak
Phoe, your strength is 4. And no worries about guns, very simple, point and shoot! What part is giving you trouble?

I normally assume everyone has the four 0-cost basics unless they tell me they do not want them!

Team A:
Coeus
Burn
Ares

Team B:
Fire
Rade
Virus

However, that does mean both gun nuts are on the same team right now!

JediHDM
i'm just wondering whats the point of a wallet? they dont need money...and i see nothing wrong with the teams...ok, yeah, i do have an advantage, its up to you, ares, burn, but i think one of you should switch to Fire's team, just to make it more even...

Fire
yea maybe virus and ares could switch (if phoe and rex dont have a problem with that)

SpikeSpiegel
I'll be in A

SpikeSpiegel
OK then so:
shades - 0
phone - 0
2x Walther CP88 Nickel - 2
4x spare clips - 2
1x ingram mac 10 - 3
1x spare clips - 1.5
total - 8.5

Ushgarak
Wallet is generic RP gear, is all! You never know when you might need money in a scenario, though. Mind you, you guys can cause some serious inflation issues!

Team A:
Coeus
Burn
Ares
Cloud

Team B:
Fire
Rade
Virus

Dexx
yes..rade the oil magnate...hmm..sounds good

Vincent Rendar
Shades, Watch, Mobile Phone: 0

2 glock18's: 4 points
4 spare clips: 2 point

good, team a please?

Dexx
operator: so what do you need?
rade: money.......lots..of money

JediHDM
RADE> GET OFF THE MONEY!!!
Castor> im flattered that you wanna be on my team, but, there needs to be SOME balance...in fact, it NEEDS to be balanced...you make five on my team, while poor Fire has only got three...

Ares, Burn> can one of you travel to Fire's team, to make it even? at least for now... shifty

Fire> it looks like the tables have turned, now I have more people...JJ, bud, im working on them...seeing who will budge first...

Fire
doesn't matter mate, if it's 4 to 4 I think good tactics can still make one the winner here, altho I'd rather see Ares and Burn split up, cause that'd be more fair I think

Ushgarak
Fire (still) and Castor, you need to sort out your Glock 18 clips- they are the wrong size. Glock 18 takes 1.5 size clips as specified in its description (effectively smg clips).

BTW, Tiberius may join for this, though he will likely re-tool his duel-whoring loadout first...

Team A:
Coeus
Burn
Ares
Cloud
Castor

Team B:
Fire
Rade
Virus

Obviously an imbalance there but maybe more to come.

Fire
drop the clip, leave the spare point smile

Ushgarak
Noted... still plenty of bullets, as I say.

Fire
yea I know smile

Bespin Bart
Team B, sword, shades, phone, watch.

Fire
welcome on board (BB)
you can take charge of this mission now, since you're the second in command

genral zink
BB is Mors, Fire.

Team B, Hephaestus (Heff or Heph, whatever you prefer), shades, mobile phone, 2 Beretta 85FS .380 Security Pistol: 1, just in case.

Ushgarak
Team A:
Coeus
Burn
Ares
Cloud
Castor

Team B:
Fire
Rade
Virus
Mors

Dallas called you and Coeus for team leader, Fire. Mors will get his turn in due course.

NOTE: Looks like more than I expected, so guard numbers are now fifteen cops in rooms 1 and 3, twenty SWAT guys in room 2 with the flag.

Ushgarak
Team A:
Coeus
Burn
Ares
Cloud
Castor

Team B:
Fire
Rade
Virus
Mors
Hephaestus

Dallas called you and Coeus for team leader, Fire. Mors will get his turn in due course.

NOTE: Looks like more than I expected, so guard numbers are now fifteen cops in rooms 1 and 3, twenty SWAT guys in room 2 with the flag.

Fire
Sure no prob smile

genral zink
More guys means more combat... stick out tongue

Even though, I'm not used to the combat yet. I never tested it! Wish me luck! stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Now is your chance! Better now than in the Matrix, huh?

Captain REX
Indeed. And now I get to test my gunning skills.

tptmanno1
teams even, no switching??
are we gonna have 2 different threads like the sw game?

Captain REX
I don't think so. He said in the opening post that we'd be in the same thread.

Fire
one thread, and ush might want to make sure the teams have same weaknesses and strengths, as in GUN skills and MA skills

tptmanno1
no secrets then!
darn

Ushgarak
Yes, no secrets, you will be being constantly updated of your opponent's actions.

Actually, whilst I was interested in splitting the gun nuts just like the sword nuts, as everyone has been made using the same system and all skilsl are being tested here I have no particular problem with the splits on either side so long as the Captains are ok with it.

Ushgarak
NOTE- just made a couple of quick updates to the Paths. Some powers are still on a price watch, and may become more expensive soon. Some more powers may also become ones that if you use more than once a round they become less accurate- moves that are predictable if used too much in a short period of time.

Also specified that you cannot use more than two powers at once, one to attack and one modifier, if you know any powers that modify.

Vincent Rendar
2 Beretta 85FS .380 Security Pistols: 1

4 clips: 2

good ush?

Captain REX
What team are you on? I forgot your character's name. stick out tongue

Vincent Rendar
Im on team A, castor.

Captain REX
Oh, right! I'm on your team then.

Ushgarak
Looks fine, Castor!

So, shall I assume that this is the set-up, then? If so, we can start!

genral zink
Yay! I want to kick some SWAT team @$$!

tptmanno1
go, go, go

lets go!!

Dexx
yep..good to go

Ushgarak
Ok then... (crosses fingers). Here we go!

SIMULATION HAS STARTED!

Each team, you are now in your alcoves, Team A at the north side of the 'world', Team B at the south. The building in between you. To remind you, you must get through the building, take the flag from the middle, and get it to the OTHER side's starting alcove. Conflict is inevitable.

A further reminder that it takes two rounds- eight actions- to go around the building to the side where the other team as, ehcne anyone who does that will have to take a back seat for a little bit.

Any conflicts in strategy will be resolved by the team leader. Nothing will OBLIGE you to listen to him; the lesson about team work should be learned by its intrinsic value, not by aritifiical penalty.

For my part, I will be testing how the action and round system works under on-line circujstances with people, supposdly taking simultaneous actions, on at entirely different parts of the day. Bear with me if there are any problems.

Please proceed.

Dexx
a plan guys? i'm thinking we should have a recon (outside of fire range) to act like an eye in the sky (well..on a nearby building in our case smile )

(or we might not need him if we can act on the opponent's lines like we know them...)

Ushgarak
Yes, you are being continually updated on what they do by a constant voice Operator (effectively explaining why you can read each other's posts)

SIMULATION HAS STARTED!

JediHDM
ok, i wanna get this clear before making our strategy...if i were to fight Fire, and i get his damage above 25, is he out of the sim, or what?

Fire
(I assume so, HDM and I really don't have too much time today, sorry guys, ush couldn't have picked a worse moment.)
"I suggest we do this
me and rade cover the sides of the buidling, to make sure non come around
and the other three go in everyone agreed?"

Dexx
(yep..BUT....why would they come around the buildings before securing the flag. Anyway, they might, but they'll need our help to getting to the flag chamber.)

Ushgarak
No, actually, here you will keep fighting until you drop. At 25 you are wounded, at 35 or more I start making rolls every time you are hit to see if you have fallen- badly wounded, or dead, or what-not.

I won't make checks to see if you actually die, of course. As soon as you drop (35 or more wounds and fail the roll), you are out the sim.

tptmanno1
ok
cmon ppl on A team, hurry up!!
*checks all guns and knives as a nervous habit*

Ushgarak
Heh- very Ghost...

tptmanno1
lol
so i took a leaf outa his book, sue me
but notice no pilosophy

JediHDM
alright, i want Burn, Cloud and Castor to enter the building, take out the guards as fast as possible, then move into the next room and start on the SWAT. As for me and Ares, we will move around the building and take Fire and Rade out, then proceed into the back of the building.

Note: it is funny, that, although i have the two gunners, my team also has the lowest Strength, MA, we have even speed, but i have the highest guns avg. THIS is going to be interesting...i dont worry about the mundanes, i worry about the other team...Also, if you haven't already, i suggest making a word doc. of your stats and your paths/guns and printing it out, so you have it in front of you...when im fighting, it really helps to see it all right there. And, if anyone has a better idea as to how to approach this scenario, PM me, cause, although i have gone through many scenarios in my head, i think i found the best one, but i may be overlooking something.

Ushgarak
(incidentally, to prevent people just continually changing plans to plans to the point where nothing actually HAPPENS, there is a point where I will simply start the rounds and there will be an impetus to get moving)

(Hey, I just had terrible deja vu writing that. Did anything like this happen before, RP vets?)

tptmanno1
no
but can we wait for our team to be on?

JediHDM
well, fire wont be able to get on til tom., so i think we should wait a bit...
not too too long, but a bit...

Ushgarak
Oh, I will give it some time, don't worry! I just wanted people to be aware, is all.

Captain REX
"Coeus, I think you should send Burn and I in to handle all of the mundanes, aided by Cloud, Castor, or you so that, if a member of the opposing team gets to us, we aren't defenseless martial arts wise. And then we grab the flag and run for it!"

Vincent Rendar
(I think my character was solid MA wise, Guns was secondary for him I believe, so I dont think MA will be a problem for him)

He looks around through his black sunglasses, then he pulls out a silver pistol and examines it checking to make sure he has enough clips then he puts it away. Smiling he looks to his team leader.

"Tell me where to go, and Ill do my job..."

Dexx
yeah..twice..i remember them perfectly

Ushgarak
Doh!

I think the tactical discussion will continue until both Fire and Jedi (Coeus) are less busy.

JediHDM
Im fine, and fire should be on today...thats what he said, at least...

Fire
yea HERE I AM big grin

"Let's get this party starting...."

but my team check your PM boxes for a possible strategy and reply to it stick out tongue

SpikeSpiegel
hey, we're supposed to say our stratagies...aren't we?

Fire
Nope
we are NOT, but secrecy matters lil since whatever we actualy do you guys will be able to see

Captain REX
Hmm...good idea...

Fire
hehe

Ushgarak
Oooh! Oooh! I wanna know!

Ok, if either team wants to declare ready at one point...

Fire
will take a bit

Dexx
whenever you're ready fire....our strategy seems fine. And i'm sorry to disappoint team A, but...ergh..it will be an undeniable and TOTAL defeat on them.stick out tongue..sorry guyz.

Fire
dont get too cocky too soon dexx

Dexx
evil face yeah...well....it's the truth *sighs*

Ushgarak
That's the spirit!

tptmanno1
Im here,
man chemestry sucks!!
ok, now we need the rest of A team for total destruction!
B team has zero chance!

Vincent Rendar
(Im ready when ever you guys are)

Ushgarak
I will probably declare action tomorrow unless someone asks for more time.

Fire
hmmm why is my "I wish to fight" list exploding?

Ushgarak
Right! Looks like people are done planning, at least in here. I assume people are more or less ready to go, as they are available during the week!

In that case- game on!

At this point we switch to 'combat time. Normally on assignment you would post as you do in my other RP games, with no in-built strucuture. Whenever there is action or combat, however, we switch to combat time and everyone has to act in actions and rounds! Obviously, this entire training mission is in combat time.

So. We now start the first round. Everyone can declare ONE thing they are trying to do, that is your first action of that round. There will be four actions per round. Your Focus refreshes at the start of each round.

Obviously, it is unlikely, due to the nature of on-line games, that EVERYONE will post their first action, and then everyone posts their second etc. so some people will get ahead, and some will have to play ctach-up. I will TRY and keep people well informed about what is going on- this is part of what we are testing!

Ok, first action people. Go, go, go!

Dexx
(in the same time with fire, i assume....)
Rade starts walking towards a side of the flag building.

Fire
yep, but don't wander too far to the side,

JediHDM
I walk towards the flag building with my team.

Fire
*team A keep check of your pm's*

JediHDM
Don't you mean Team B?

Fire
(woops sorry)

Ushgarak
Ok, everyone approaching the building gets there at the same time. The building is actually very tall, taller than you may have envisaged.

I now need a solid idea of who is entering the building, and who is going around the sides or doing anything really sneaky that you have thought of.

tptmanno1
me and all of the other team A members rite?
cloeus (sp?) Fire, ect

JediHDM
Burn> you, cloud and Castor are going into the building, and taking out the guards. Me and Ares are going around the building.

tptmanno1
ok
im game,
lets go all
walks into the building, deagle drawn

Fire
"Rade hold your Position"

(ush since the others didn't post they are ordered all of three of them, Mors, Hep and Virus to enter the building)

Dexx
'roger' says RAde waiting at the side of the building.

Phoenix
((Sorry guys, been in Manchester!))

Ushgarak
Ok, those going around the building will be out of it for two rounds...

Those of you who have just burst INTO the building though.. both Teams are confronted with identical (though seperate!) rooms. The rooms are very tall but no use is made of this. Instead, there are three concrete barricades erected at even spaces along the floor. There are five policemen with Glock 17s behind each barricade The floor slopes upwards so each barricade is higher than the one before, meaning rach cop has a good view of all of you. The policemen are in cover behind the barricades, meaning you get -3 to any attempt to hit them unless you are on their side of the barricade. The barricade is easily jumpable but you are more vulnerable to being shot when doing so by the cops mounting that barricade.

Behind the barricades is the door to the room with the flag.

The cops are obviously going to shoot but you guys get to act first. So, first round, first action please, folks! As far as I know, Burn, Cloud, Castor, Heph, Virus and Mors are all inside. Fire I am unsure about, the others are outside. But definitely for those six, you have to chose what to do- I would imagine your three main options would be to open fire, to vault a barricade, or to try and seek cover behind a barricade on your side (though that is less effective against the higher barricades).

Those of you going around the side- which side, west or east?

JediHDM
I'll take West, Burn, you take East...

Fire
hmm HDM, was it you and ares or you and burn?

Dexx
i take west

JediHDM
AHH!!! thank you, my un-teammate...sorry guys, said that backwards...Burn should be inside, Ares should be out...

Fire
good I'll wait east, remember rade don't wander off

tptmanno1
i dunno about all of u inside but i open fire on a guard, 3 shots

Captain REX
Ares takes west, Coeus takes east? I don't want to run into Fire!

genral zink
Heff sprints to the side, trying to get on the side of the barricades.

Ushgarak
Almost some planning unpleasantness there!

------

STATE OF PLAY AT: First round, first action

Room 1

First Barricade: 5 cops, ok
Second Barricade: 5 cops, ok
Third Barricade: 5 cops, ok

Burn 8/0/0
Cloud 10/0/0
Castor 15/0/0

Room 3

Hephaestus 17/0/0
Virus 10/0/0
Mors 11/0/0

South Side of building

Rade 10/0/0
Fire 15/0/0

West Side of building

Coeus 15/0/0

East Side of building

Ares 6/0/0

-----

This information will be being constantly updated.

For those of you who do not know, the numbers by your name are:

Focus pool/Current wounds suffered/Current exertion level.

Coeus and Ares, you are running down either side of the building and are 1/8th of the way there, that being your first action (it is a long building). Notably, there is no-one coming your way.

Burn, quick off the draw, you fire 3 big ol' Desert Eagle shots! As you did not specify I assume you are shooting at the closest cops.

Your Eagle Eye completely negates their cover.

Good start sir. +3 to your roll, I don't need to check the final numbers- a head shot totally blows that cop away.

First kill to Burn! Applause please...

Ushgarak
Ok Heff, you are making your move- do you plan to stay on this side, or get on/over it?

Fire
*nice shot*

Bespin Bart
Mors draws his sword and does a similar move to Heff on the opposite side, aiming to get closer to the cops with his speed.

tptmanno1
*Bows*
thank you, thank you, very much
anyone else wanna step up to the plate?
(BTW, non action, just gloating)

JediHDM
ok, gloating is to be done AFTER the simulation is over, not during...and your primary objective is to kill, otherwise you may be killed while you were pissin', metaphorically speaking. That was not just directed at Burn, either, that is for the whole team.

tptmanno1
yes but that was me gloating, not Burn,

Dexx
Rade keeps walking to the western side of the building

Fire
"that's far enough rade"

Ushgarak
I have a conflict here with Fire and Rade. Rade says go west, Fire says not. Rade has control over his own character so if that impasse stays then Rade is going west.

Mors, you have moved with Heff- though I am still unclear if you mean to cross the barricade this action or not.

Bespin Bart
Erm...cross it.

Ushgarak
Very well, Mors is vaulting the barrier on one side of the room.

Fire
(I'm sure dexx will listen to me I'll talk it over on MSN)

Dexx
(yeah..as i said..i've been thinking at a way od approach also...similar to yours)

Rade stops at the (let's say) western corner of the building, having a view on the western side of it adnd of the entrance door.

Ushgarak
So noted. Coeus can see you, then, though he would know you are there anyway...

genral zink
I'll do likewise to Mors.

SpikeSpiegel
Cloud runs to the opposite side of the barrier from the solider ready to make his move.

Ushgarak
Ok, that is time enough for now. The cops open fire. This is a VERY considerable barrage of bullets! In the interests of fairness., with 15 cops and 3 of you in each relevant room, each of you currently in combat are going to get 5 bullets coming at you each. There isn't anyone who is in a position where they are covered to the point where five people cannot get a clear shot at them so these shots will not be modified.

Each cop is firing 3 bullets from their Glocks. As a reminder, the people being targetted are:

Burn, Cloud, Castor, Heph, Virus and Mors.

Note that Virus and Castor have not taken their actions yet and can still do something if they wish.

Each of those six now need to take FIVE defensive actions as each is being shot at five times. For those of you who have not done this before, you basically have two options- Avoid, which is generall keep a low profile and keep on the move (which means the attack is resolved as normal, and the difficulty for them, to hit you depends on your skill), or Dodge, which means you actively throw yourself clear of the attack, making it harder for you to be hit, BUT this will slow you down. The exception is Burn, who needs to take only four actions in deference to him having killed one of the cops.

Note that most shots from these people will miss- you are too good. But a couple of lucky shots are always possible with this much firepower!

You may wish to use a Path power that helps you avoid incoming fire, if you have one. I would draw your attention to Willow Step and Vertical Dodge, boith of which allow you to make a single dodge that works against all incoming fire instead of having to avoid each one.

Do remember to keep checking out the Path thread so you guys know what you can do!

Dexx
perfect.
RAde holds his position, waiting to see what coeus does

Ushgarak
I'd move things on, but I guess the day of the Matrix release is NOT a good day to expect people to post here much...

tptmanno1
Gonna use willow step, gonnna pull a cartwheel, yea gonna dodge all the bulletts

Captain REX
Indeed...

Erm...Ares continues walking I guess...or running.

JediHDM
yes, yesterday was NOT the best day to keep it going, i had to stay away from here for all day...

i keep moving forward

Ushgarak
We are still, in fact, on everyone's first action.

Anyway, about time these guards opened fire! 87 bullet coming at you guys! Ow! The only defensive action I have received is Burn's, so everyone else I shall consider to be Avoiding. Oh, here goes...

Burn- all miss
Cloud- all miss
Castor- 1 hit! Clipped for 5 damage.

Heph- all miss
Mors- Ah! As you run to the barricade one of the guards shoots you straight through the arm. Damn it! 9 damage!
Virus- Damn it, you get clipped as well! Only for 3 damage though.

That's it for the first action of the first round! Phew! Ok, now it is the SECOND action!

-----

STATE OF PLAY AT: First round, second action

Room 1

First Barricade: 4 cops, ok

Burn 7/0/1
Cloud 10/0/0
Castor 15/5/0

Room 3

Hephaestus 17/0/0
Virus 10/3/0
Mors 11/9/0

South Side of building

Rade 10/0/0
Fire 15/0/0

West Side of building

Coeus 15/0/0

East Side of building

Ares 6/0/0

CURRENTLY OWED ACTIONS: Castor, Virus

Those currently owed actions can act twice but I won't 'bank' actions for that long...

-----

This information will be being constantly updated.

For those of you who do not know, the numbers by your name are:

Focus pool/Current wounds suffered/Current exertion level.

For those of you who have been hit, you can take 25 wounds before it is a problem, 35 before you are in danger of dropping or even dying.

Coeus and Ares have already declared their actions. You are now a quarter of the way down. No-one is advancing your way but Ares can still see Rade atr the far side. Ares, you could manage some shots at Rade if you wished, though the range (especially with handguns) is awkward and he is in cover.

Everyone in the rooms, you had best start moving forwards before this bullet barrage takes you out...

Heph, Cloud and Mors, now you are at the barricade, you can vault it AND attack someone in the same action- though you still become more vulnerable to gunfire whilst vaulting!

So, let's hear your plans...

Dexx
Rade still holds his position, having a more backing-up part. He wants to be able to act against coes but watch the door to the building also. He draws his mp5 to his hands.

SpikeSpiegel
I'm going to vault over the barricade and kick one of the guards in the face.

JediHDM
Coeus continues moving forward, drawing his katana, awaiting the time that he encounters Rade

tptmanno1
can i shoot and run at the same time,
if i can 2 shots at the clostest guard and run towards the first barracade
if not i just run

Fire
moves a bit closer towards the entry door from the building and a way from the corner

Captain REX
Ares gets closer to Rade and takes a 2 shots.

Ushgarak
Rade, I believe, specified West side, so therefore it is Ares who can see him.

You are being fired at, Rade! I'll need a defence from you!

Burn, sure you can! No problem. Oh, and you are on FIRE! (which somea as a surprise to Fire). Plus NINE! Blown away.

Just a standard Kick, Cloud? Very well, but remember all the tricks you have! The cop attempts to dodge.

Cloud rolls -1 for a final total of 11 (including the -1 for the kick). Hmm, you have less skill than the others, Cloud, so you need to use your tricks a lot!

That equals the guard's defensive value with the dodge. The kick makes the hit harder, but his body armour makes it softer. So, a Hit for one for the guard- you vault and kick him, and he staggers back but is still up...

Cops will be acting soon folks!

Dexx
umm..yeha...defence: shell of the turtle -2p.

on second thought, rade keeps his mp5 strapped on and draws his katana also.

Ushgarak
Ok, Rade is in good cover, especially at that range. Ares' Eagle Eye mitigates but does not quite totally remove that penalty.

Ares rolls evens. He's good, but he's not that good... Rade, you have already flipped back into cover out of the way of the bulelts that go screaming oast you. If you want to keep watching Ares, he'll be able to take shots. Of courser, that might be your plan...

Darn it, Ares, but it's never easy to hit Rebels...

First Player vs. Player attack of the match! May there be many more...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>