Scariest moments...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

blakangel

Corlindel

mechmoggy
I watched that countdown too, I was pleased it was The Shining. cool

BackFire
I do agree with Shining being number one. I think TCM should be way higher, and the ring should not be on the list.

mechmoggy
At least it was the original and not that Hollywood version.

BTW, Elm Street in the top ten? Has anyone seen that lately, I have and it was shockingly poor.

Striel
What is The Blair Witch Project doing on this list????

BackFire
It's still considered one of the scariest.

Perhaps they are judging movies by how scary they were when released.

mechmoggy
I got scared during that film...........scared I was gonna be sick from the motion sickness. sick

BackFire
for it's time nothing like it had been done though. Innovations is a big plus on these lists it seems.

Striel
Who cares if it's never been done, that doesn't make it scary! smile

mechmoggy
The Thing wasn't high enough for my liking, now thats a horror that stands the test of time. cool

BackFire
Because something that hasn't been done has the ability to shock audiences because they've never seen it before. Nightmare on Elmstreet is a good example of this.

Striel
But Nightmare on Elmstreet is much more shocking than something like The Blair Witch... even if Freddy does tend to get a little chessy from time to time, his character is much more frightening than the Blair Witch. But that's just my opinion! smile

BackFire
The Thing is great, I just watched that last night.

mechmoggy
No CGI in that film, its pure quality.

BackFire
Yeah, I think that and In the Mouth of Madness are John Carpentors best flicks.

chico
Don't forget The Fog, I really liked that.

I just got the special edition DVD of The Thing from a friend as a surprise, needless to say, I was pleased.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
nice The Shining is first. Hmmm exorcist should be a little higher.

Lord_Andres
the ring was much scariere then the shining, hands down!

h0ck3yh0rr0r
geez man Ring was crap. Only scary part was the closet. thats it. i didn't find anything else scary.

Lord_Andres
well I sertently didint find the shining scary in no way

h0ck3yh0rr0r
1. its certainly not sertently
2. Shining was scary the first time u watch. I mean seriously watch it. Not just watching it and thinking about other things.
3. The RIng was not scary. Not even at the theaters.
4. I just wanted to include number 4
5. done. lol

blakangel
God I thought the japanese version of the ring was quite scary...

I thought Blair witch project sucked and didn't deserve to be there; but the end bit kinda freaked me out I guess when they're all running around that house and I guess curiosity scares you, like whats happening and what is it?

Im glad Jaws is up there laughing out loud when I was a tot that film used to scare me so much...when the music came on I used to dash behind the couch. embarrasment

The shinning, I love the film and I guess them twins used to spook me (every time he saw that ball - eeek) and when he entered that room. Not so sure about number 1.

blakangel
OMG the fog scared me so bad when I watched it along time ago... laughing

mechmoggy
The closet bit of the ring made me jump out of my seat, the rest of it was poo though.

ragesRemorse
id say the newly added footage to the exorcist has the most frightening scene in all of horror movies for me. This was the "spider walk" when the girl comes walking down the stairs on all fours with her legs,arms and head twisted backwards. It was just one of those things that disturbed me. It came out of nowhere.

tabby999
i dunno, Jaws made me crap my self for a long time. i didn't wanna go near water for ages.

thorncrawler
i dissagree with the shining being no. 1 but the rest of the chart was ok but there wasn't a moment in the shining that even spooked me a little, yes including the first time i watched it i put it lightly in a G forum this movie f*cking s*cked

wicker_man
The closet bit made me jump aswell,merely based on the fact that i was not expecting it.

mechmoggy
They're the best scares to get. eek!

chico
What really made that scene was the sound. If you get a chance watch it and hear her foot/hand steps when the Mum's back is turned. I did like that scene, but still no exorcist will make my top 10.

Stuart Larkins
please tell me when you said ciderela you meant Sleeping Beauty, and it's Cinderella!! and Snow White.

Stuart Larkins
For the longest time, I thought it was just me, but yeah, she was like spewing blood and cap, ...and she made me think differently about a crusifix for the longest time, I know now, THEY ARE NOT TOYS!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.