Bands that just won't die and really should

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Curl_Up&Dye
Ok everyone...here's your thread to rant about bands that have more than just outstayed their welcome...
Without further adu, some bands that just won't die and probably should

#1 The Strokes....
#2 Limp Bizkit/Fred Durst
#3 Korn
#4 Hot Hot Heat
#5 Kylie Minogue (well..not really a band)
#6 Madonna (also not a band)
#7 both Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake need to throw themselves into on coming traffic...they can hold hands. lol

finti
Well Deep Purple should have retired ages ago, the last thing they put out is just pathetic. Other bands that should quit are Rolling Stones, Uriah Heep, The Who, the Kinks I bet there are more oldie goldie bands but that is just at the top of my head at the moment

mechmoggy
The Strokes! eek!

Are you mad woman? wink

Bad Boy
Since being in a band I've learnt to respect EVERY other performer in the business. Have some respect because these people work soooo damn hard to get themselves in this position. If these people love making music then let them and respect the fact that they are living their dreams!

diegocala
The Strokes are the coolest...what u talkin bout wills??

julibug
Yeah, there are some performers who I would really rather never hear again, but I agree with Bad Boy. Kudos to all who actually "make it" & stay!

BackFire
Linkin Park

Limp Bizkit

NickelBack

Creed

Puddle of Mudd

Cradle of Filth

those are it....Korn....I'll see how their next album does...but if they continue on their current track, they should die.

I don't pay attention to music that much anymore

I have the bands i like and i listen to those bands
and then i know some more unheard of bands and i listen to them too
so i really can't say who i think has "outstayed their welcome" or not

GABRIEL05
right on AAAIIIGHT!?!?

finti
not if the things they put out are just regurgitate stuff from previous records, as the fact is for a lot of bands.

Sheepz
Metallicia should have stopped a while ago...

Avril Lavigne should go into a cave somewhere and stay there

blakangel
yeah agree with that..... but some arn't in it just for their 'dreams'. sad

I think if you dont like a artist then just avoid them... nobody makes you listen to them.

I avoid reel big fish all the time and Avril Lavigne (I so wish she'd stop covering decent songs sad )

blakangel
I dont understand; Metallica do one album thats very 'different' (well it sucks to me) and everyone against them ....

they rocked when I saw them live this year and I honesty would be pretty broken if they stopped. Their tickets for their gig in London sold out in a hour... I think they've still got it in them. big grin

cermiestar
Metallica's older stuff is better. their new stuff is dire.
i think slipknot, korn and avril lavigne should just leave. NOW

mah
I don't want Avril to go away. She's hot : |

Bad Boy
Metallica are great! I love the arrangements on St Anger!

Curl_Up&Dye
Avril needs to throw herself in front of a train going to Canada...that way her body can be greeted by her own people...mountees
*shudder* mountees

el_barto
metalica WAS great now u cant even here the bass and kiss needed to die when they took of thier makeup

sugarxen
lol! big grin personally I think Jennifer Lopaz should get stepping....*shudders* oh and Celine Dion....gosh me need to pick a band now....the darkness. they had their one hit now go away....

LindsIsTightK
Avril Lavigne

Jennifer Lopez

And somebody please make Ashanti stop singing!!!!!!!

JediOasis
50 Cent, Eminem, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Aerosmith, and with out a doubt RADIOHEAD!

LindsIsTightK
Hilary Duff!!!! sick

Bad Boy
You could hear the bass fine! It was the drums that were poorly mixed by Bob Rock!

blakangel
St. Anger is good. For one of the hugest bands in the world to do something that's dirty, grimy, and lo-fi takes a lot of guts and a true sense of "I don't care what people think." From Metallica fans I know, I've heard nothing but complaints. One referred to it as "banging on pots." I don't think a lot of people really get it. This record has some amazing moments. The somewhat scattershot lyrics can be questionable, and some songs lack focus, but the record's experimentation and pure intensity make up for it.

Many people feel that Metallica should have kept playing thrash on every album, but in my opinion if they did they would have hung it up a long time ago. Take Slayer for an example. They haven't really changed from album to album and people still buy their stuff, but no one puts them on a pedistol anymore because they have the same stale sound and has turned pretty boring. When a new Slayer album is released you don't have to get exicted about it because you already know what its going to be like. Metallica has kept everyone on their toes to what their next move is, and no I don't agree with everything that they have done, but they keep it interesting.

billyboyd4ever
Hot hot heat kick ass, as do radiohead. The band that really needs to stop, now, is "The Who", if you can call them that still, and The Sex Pistols. Punk is officially dead when The Sex Pistols play a reunion tour. Im fine just as long as theres no Led Zeppelin reunion. At that point I will kill myself. But pretty much any artist just making music for the money needs to be struck down, and fast.

julibug
Ya know, I don't think I'd be too bothered by a Zepplin reunion! roll eyes (sarcastic) Bring it on!

finti
gonna be hard for Led Zeppelin to reunite, actually it is impossible.
And I agree The Who have played their role, lets keep the good memories we have of them. I never listen too or read anything that is about Deep Purple. For me they made their last album with "Come taste the band" in 1975. Oh I was very excited about their reunion in 1984 but then I thought more about it and said no way. I cherish my Deep Purple, but "MY" Purple laid off in 1976.

We should add Kiss to this list

Curl_Up&Dye
First of all punk is not dead...
and second of all... Vanilla Ice should stay dead...he's trying to make a hardcore rock comeback
we need a sniper

Corlindel
Tottaly agree...with second and third part and parcially agree with "punk is not dead"

Some still alive but only in spirit.

in flames
any nu metal act influenced by korn allthough i like korns two first cds and looking forawrd that there new album will be promising

finti
laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud man that would be a great laugh to hear

worldindustries
Metallica is da bets metal band out there today and always will be.

plenTpak52
Avril Lavigne

Good Charlotte

Blink 182

bob222
BackFire this is roxi (the ring message board... ) u have serious music and movie issues. the ring rocked and nickelback is ok no offense ... just my opinion
~roxi

bob222
plenTpak52 good charlotte and blink 182 rock... what r u talking about
~Roxi

plenTpak52
Dont criticize other people's music opinions if you like Good Charlotte and Blink. They have no musical talent and should die. All they use are power chords that go up and down twice, but the second time is lower yet still in the same first chord to second chord fret space ratio

Lames.s.
KISS should have stopped many many many many many many many years ago.

loserib
what slayer old and stale thats crazy they still sell records and they still sell out shows

Rawcus
busted , why was they on kerrang ?? they should be shot and hanged by there invisible jak leads they use on live performences

RoseBloom
Who's the little **** who said that Aerosmith needs to go? Because chances are A.) You don't know two things about their music. B.) Never heard their hits (which ALL their songs are, or should be.) AND FINALLY!!! Its a lot better than the crap I am sure you listen to.

RoseBloom
OOH! I just saw the KISS post. Shame on you Lame.S. Shame on you. I...I can't even talk. Shame shame shame. If you ask me, Rap needs to get the toss, as well as pop. If music were people, both of them would have been assasinated.

Lames.s.
Ive seen Kiss 3 times with the last being with Aerosmith at Darien Lake NY. Aerosmith was very good, Kiss was very bad. Every time I have seen them they have gotten worse. They were once great, dont get me wrong, but the time to stop has long passed.

lil bitchiness
The Darkness *twitches*
Linkin Park (Backstreet boys with guitars)

all popy crap all over...i.e everything from Britney through to Blue, westlife...to pop idol people..ARGH!!

VampirePrincess
ummm I don't listen to artist I don't like therefore whether they make it big or not is none of my concern.

meatmenrule
All Nu Metal Bands, Pop Punk Bands and dodgy fekkin Screamo bands should dissapear, along with all dodgy pop groups and all these shite rap and r&b tossers. smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.