New Episode 1 Script...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
I found this earlier today.
http://www.angelfire.com/dc/script/ZEPISO_1.htm

LanceWindu
Tell me what you think.

Ratcat
Lame, ina word.

Shows a total misundersatnding of the OB1/QGJ relationship...

yerssot
He doesn't understand TPM I think

King Jedi
Why dod people bother with this rubbish? If Lucas didn't write the story then it's not Star Wars. This guy just doesn't get it.

LanceWindu
So are you saying that the authors that do the EU books are all writing rubbish? Cause they are not GL.

Ushgarak
Not rubbish, but I wouldn't necessarily be hostile to the opinion that they are not true Star Wars...

King Jedi
Exactly. I'm sure they are good books, but they aren't Star Wars. Just the same as if you wrote a story and posted it on the net. It might be set in the SW galaxy but it's not SW because Lucas didn't right it.

LanceWindu
Lucas doesn't necissarily have to write Star Wars to be just as good as the other movies.

Ushgarak
And again I agree, but that still doesn't make it true Star Wars (and on a personal note, I hev never found a non-GL Star Wars work that I liked as much as the films)

Ratcat
Being as good as the movies and being true Star Wars are two completely different points.

I don't think anyone would, or indeed could, argue that the novels are enything more than an interpretation of GL's vision.

Why do you think it's called the EXPANDED Universe.....?

LanceWindu
Nevertheless I love reading the EU books.

yerssot
I don't like EU:
there is only one book that isn't so and that is the trilogy of Zahn.
In all the others there is always a superweapon or a lost Jedi.
That superweapon is just a modified DS and the lost Jedi can't be there because the Sith are always with 2 and OB1 said that Luke was their only hope, and than Yoda talked about Leia. You can't turn Jedi in one day

LanceWindu
Whatever. I'll keep reading the books and you can go on doing what you want.

King Jedi
I've tried reading them, but I think they are too much like Star Trek.

Ushgarak
I don;t think you are QUITE being fair there, Yerssot. While many of the EU books have been stuc; with unecessary power trumping (returned Emperors, cloned Lukes, even more superweaons), plenty stand out fine as stories on their own merit.

But still not QUITE proper Star Wars; in fact some of them are quite a long way away from it. Though I would sumbit that it would be entirely impractical to force writers to try and duplicate GL's vision; as RC says, these are interpretations, not copies.

LanceWindu
The Star Wars books can't be anything like Star Trek books.
ST Books suck. They are too fake.

yerssot
I have 3-4 sw books and they ALL have a superweapon in it, THAT is already done in ANH and ROTJ!!!

King Jedi
I never said they were like ST books, I said they were like ST.

jedi212guy
I have about 65 SW books, and all but 3 of them rock. I will admit that they are not the most intellectually stimulating books I own, but they do get my imagination running and it was reading Heirs to the Empire about 7 years ago that got me reinterested in SW.

yerssot
And ofcourse I got the 3 not so good books

LanceWindu
I only own 2 SW books. Conquest and Rebirth. All the other SW EU books I've read I got from the library. I've only read 1/3 of them also.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.