Is this true about Lily Potter?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

icy
Hi everybody.I read somewhere that lily potter might have been a death eater because when Voldemort went to their house he killed Harry's father first.when he wanted to kill Harry he told lily to move out of the the way so that he could kill him.the question was why didn't he kill her first?it looked as if he was sparing her.My opinion is that I don't think she ever was.But then again if she was a death eater y did she sacrifise her life for Harry,I mean no death can do that(maybe).Could all this be true?or is it just a rumor?

[Ms_dEaTh]
I would say its just a rumour.I've never heard anything like this till now.
But then again it could be true.
I'm not really clear about the facts but Voldemort wanted to kill Harry only, because of the whole prophecy thing.
James must have been holding Harry at that point of time and Lily must have wanted to save Harry by causing some sort of distraction.
Voldemort's attention was solely concentrated on Harry.
Hope I helped though.

airangel429
i haven't ever heard that...but i heard that she might be related to lord v

shaber
You mean to his father Tom Riddle I presume? Possible, but Voldemort felt no attachment to his father whatsoever, so this wouldn't have got Lily into his good graces.

Voldemort was attacking Harry primarily. Otherwise, I don't know.

Malfoy's chick
OK this is a rumor I heard. I heard that Voldemort is Lily's father and she was a Death Eater. Voldemort told her to marry James and kill him because he is the Griffindor heir. But Lily falls in love with him and she leaves Voldemort. They have Harry and Voldy comes to their house to kill James and then Harry, he didn't want to hurt Lily as she was his heir.

When Lily didn't want to give up Harry he got mad and killed her.

All he wanted to do was kill James as he was the last heir of Griffindor and then kill Harry because he also had Griffindor blood in him, including the Slytherin blood that had come from Lily.

But as I said, it was a rumor i heard

airangel429
pretty good rumor........

Malfoy's chick
I kno, I want to believe it but I don't think that is why Voldy didn't want to kill Lily

airangel429
no...but she might've been related to him.....but i dunno how b/c SUPPOSEDLY lily came from muggle parents.....and james didn't.....

dan_rad_hottie
oh i never thought about that!
but she most probubly would not be
but then again u cant tell
well i know a way we can find out my friend had j.k rowlings e-mail i just have to get it of her and ill ask her ok cool!

Danistar
In my opinion, Voldermort had a purpose to kill Harry not his parents. So, naturally, he told Lily to move out of his way.

jennyanderson
Voldemort killed Harry because of the phrophecy, Lily was merely trying to prevent Voldemort from killing her son, so she got killed as well-thats about all I can say right now.

Toms_Chick85
i havent hurd anything about that before but i dont think that it's true. i mean, when i think of lilly, i dont think of her as a follower of Voldemort. also, if any of u will remember in the 5th book: mad eye showed harry a old pic of the ootp member and both lilly and james wear in it. it would have been way to hard to be in the order and following Voldemort at the same time without someone finding out.

shaber
Wormtail had dual membership of both the Order of the Phoenix and the Death Eaters with noone finding out for years on end.

mg16
'Hem hem' Speaking of relations and Lily, do you think Harry is related to Draco? I mean think about it. When Kreacher smuggled himself to the Malfoys' house it was still his family (Kreacher's). And Dobby went to Harry's house from the Malfoys', and then there's all of this Lily being pure-blood (well at least blood of Slytherien) and that's why he would do well in Malfoy's house and if he has pure blood, remember what Sirius said, 'All pure-bloods are related some how.' Ponder this there re so many clues, I've just taken some from the fith book.

Danistar
mg16, Lily was a muggle stick out tongue

mg16
lily was muggle BORN big grin

icy
If Voldemorts intetion was to kill Harry only and not his parents,then y didi he kill james Potter.I mean he knew they would've stopped him no matter what!

airangel429
Somewhere I heard that James was SUPPOSEDLY the heir of Gryffindor......??

ALSO.....with that whole Mark Evans thing.........DO YOU THINK MAYBE...that Lily's mom had an affair with Tom Riddle...or that she hooked up with him.............. B/C then it would make sense about him being brought into the story (mark evans that is)

THEREFORE..........that MIGHT make Mark Evans the heir of Slytherin....I KNOW ITS FAR-FETCHED..............

hotsauce6548
i think maybe voldemort thought dumbledore or sumbody was goin to be there any second and if he wasted even precious seconds on lily den dumbledore mite get there cuz he was really after harry even tho dumbledore didnt tell us y yet.

babybaby
Harry potters mom dead for him that gave him the power of Love, She is not any death Eater that is a mean thing to say about her

XxSamanthaxX
James was killed because he was stalling time for lilly, he stood in Voldemort's way, so he killed him. Lilly was NEVER a death eater, both lilly and James were loyal to Dumbledor, and always were agenst Voldemort. Lilly was also standing in the way of Harry trying to protect him, and because of the prophecy Voldemort wanted to kill Harry. With Lilly standing in the way Voldemort then decided to kill her too.

StrgzrCndyPixie
to get to harry yep that is exactly how it goes

icy
I wish she was still alive.I read that she was a very beautiful young woman.It would have wiped the smile off Malfoy.

Alar
haha, but narcissa's meant 2 be really pretty 2 aint she, so it'd be like new rivalry, 'my moms prettier than ur mom!' 'dont think so loser, hv u seen my mom, coz GOD DAMN!'
haha..........
*realizes am a spaz so crawls into corner and dies*

Remuslupin
I think that in a gentleman style; he said for her to move away from harry. you cant kill a woman like that . men is different. I htink this whole story has to do with the heirs of gryffondor. voldy might have wanted to finsh off the ancestors of Godric gryffindor

WaDe_N_sPaRrOw
no... he didnt kill her first because James was keeping voldy away from harry and lily he wanted them to run away... then after he killed james he moved in on lily and killed her... it was just chance that james was killed first

SAtown_punk
There is no relation AT ALL between Voldemort and Lily. James was standing there, so V. killed him. He wanted to get to Harry because of the prophecy you read about in Order of the Phoenix . Lily was putting defensive spells on Harry in order to help him because she knew what Voldemort was trying to do. Voldemort then killed lily and proceeded his attempt to kill Harry, and we all know what happened after that, right? good. Oh, and there was nothing gentlemanly about Voldemort asking Lily to move. He was just trying to make it easier on himself. He killed Bertha Jorkins in Goblet of Fire and then gloated about it. This shows that Voldemort has no qualms about killing women.

hhhhr
eek! mark is ten in the 3rd book which means if lily was to give birth to him she did it once she was dead

pixie1
lol

big gay kirk
Lets be honest with ourselves... Harry Potter is Voldemorts son; whether Lily was willing or unwilling is another matter.... Neville Longbottom is the true hero, and has been from the start... Harry's just an arrogant little brat that Dumbledore is using to take the heat off Neville, and of course off Draco Malfoy, who will be revealed as a good guy in book six.

SAtown_punk
you're an idiot, Kirk. No offense, of course.

hhhhr
big grin

eezy45
why could her name then be Lily Evans?

eezy45
eek! erm dots shifty laughing

SAtown_punk
Evans would be her maiden name. But I think the theory about Voldermort and Lily is ridiculous. But there has to be a reason why Voldemort didn't just kill her right away. Who knows...

big gay kirk
Actually.... I'm an idiot....

big gay kirk
but I meant it about Neville...

Topher123987
I heard that the 6th book is going to be called the green flame torch and it had something to do with his green eyes and being able to control the green flame torch and thats why he wanted to kill harry
ohh u no lilys red hair..............and ms.weasleys muggle born cousin they never talk about...............all weasleys have red hair right.............. well anyway it just a thought

Jeff_Atello
Voldemort has red eyes

icy
who knows I just can't wait!

iluvpippin
firstly, who is mark evans? also, we already know that the heir of slitherin last time was...who was it? hagrid? or the spider? i cant remember but they've said who it was.

iluvpippin
i dont with lilly was alive....hm i wont say who i wish was alive unless someone hasnt read the fith book, but if you have you know who im talking about! i cried coz that person died!

Jeff_Atello
The heir of Slytherin was Tom Riddle, or Voldemort. Mark Evans is just some 3rd year kid.

hhhhr
3rd year kid?
mark evans is the 10 year old in the OoTP

Jeff_Atello
Ok, I'm mistaken. Sorry about that.

big gay kirk
None of this alters the fact that I'm an idiot...

Jeff_Atello
lol. At least you can admit...that's the first step toward closure.

icy
Did she have some special powers?that voldemort was afraid of.may be he knew what was going to happen to him after he killed her but he did it anyway so he could just kill his target(Harry). confused

Black Onyx
someone asked jk rowling about this, she said HOW DARE YOU

SeptemberRain
Yeah, just go to her website and it says there

ladygrim
if voldy is lily's father or realative woudn't that mean that her sister .@harrys gaurdian has something to do with it ????

azn_blue_angel
lily potter is not related to voldemort, b/c she is a muggle born remember?..and voldemort killed james first b/c he was blocking the door and in his way, so he had no choice but to kill james first. as for lily potter, he told her to get out of the way so he could kill harry and get the important thing over with, and if lily did, voldemort would kill harry first and then he would kill lily nxt newayz..

fleur13
you are all shit heads

el-pirate
don't know any of these rumours, but just wanted to know who mark evans is, because i can't remember him???

BingaBonga
Someone said this before, but I think that Lord Voldemort came to the Potter's House because he just wanted to kill Harry because of the prophecy. His main task was to kill Harry and anyone who would get in his way, and Harry's parents did that.

zombieman
In a recent interview JK was asked: "Was Lily Potter a deatheater??". JK responded with: "How Dare you!". Hope this answers your question.

ladygrim
seems to me that jk is quite watsit ... mayb they sed somethin bout a new plot /????

Hermy Granger
I wrote Daniel and he wrote back! he is so cool!! love big grin

ladygrim
gud for u

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.