The machines are "GOD"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ITALIAN926
People live within the Matrix, a world that the was CREATED by machines. Although they are programs they supply water, air, food, light, weather for everyone in that world. When people pray, who is directly listening?? machines. Theyre plugged into a machine, Im sure they could read their thoughts. Im sure the matrix started out small, perhaps the first two people plugged in can be represented as Adam and Eve, even if the system did crash and had to be reloaded. Maybe a version being realoded can be represented by the GREAT FLOOD. Of course the machines can write a weather program to create and input an impossible excess amout of H2O into the atmosphere. hmmm. Perhaps "was a man born within the matrix who had the power to change it as he saw fit... blabla" Could this be represented by Jesus? Can "the one" be the next son of "God" or the machines, created for a particular purpose? Maybe the ONE was intentionally created by the machines?
Im getting all biblical, although Im no religious expert, because Ive seen a review where it says in Revolutions, Neo is "searching for God" or something to that effect, so Im thinking this might have a religious twist.

Ushgarak
Yes, commonly theorised Matrix allegory, though it never really impressed me.

slinger
Uh, I thought The Pilsberry Dough Boy was the "God" of the Matrix sad

clavis9495
aaaawww *gives a comfort cookie*

slinger
Thank You *Takes Cookie and Runs*

Korri
I AM THE GODDESS big grin

mindbugaling
yes this theory could be relevant, jesus could have been one of the ONES, he DID perform miracles, he did 'save' people you might have struck something....
but that would have explained only one of the ONES , what about the other four?

ITALIAN926
I wasnt saying Jesus was one of the ONES. In M1 you learn about how the first minds were freed. There was a man born within the Matrix, he can change the Matrix, and he was the first to free people.
I have no explantion for the other "ones" because that makes the MWAM theory true.

Ushgarak
However, the website contains some in-depth discussions about why a Christ metaphor for Neo is a nonsense idea.

And no it does NOT make MWAM true!

mindbugaling
i know this has been asked before but, what MWAM

Ushgarak
Matrix within a Matrix, idea that Zion is not the real world but just another simulation. It is a blanket definition that included all variations on that theme.

mindbugaling
well hmm lets see, people think this because of neo stopping the sentinal? in M2 neo says 'no wait, something feels DIFFERENT' he says DIFFERENT< which means there was a change somewhere... something mustv happened to neos brain when he was talking to ARCHY. then the doctor chick says to trin that neos lifesigns are reading as if he were jacked in... and thats not RIGHT!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.