Neverwinter Nights

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wicker_man
I admit that i am more of a FPS (First Person Shooter) fan but when i was introduced to NWN i was amazed and addicted,this is a game best played online as you get to interact and see other peoples creations - each player can create a character based on looks,species,speciality etc. Even to those without internet connection this game is a must as the solo player is equally addicting,scouring the net i cam across a unofficial Lord of the Ring converstion that is a worthy addition to the NWN series.

Any other NWN fans out there?

BackFire
Yeah, it's a great one

wicker_man
Ah great another fan,do you play online BF?

BackFire
No, I only played some of the game offline.

But it was obviously masterfully made.

wicker_man
Its excellent particuarly online you can form alliances with other members each with various skills all of which are crucial to the progression of game, huge landscapes to explore.

Ushgarak
It;s good enough- the buildable dungeon maps are done very well, better than the last attempt from Vampire (though that wa salso very good in its own way)

But all things considered, it just was not as engaging, in of itself, as its Baldur's Gate predecessors, which had the richest and most non-linear, interactive stories of any game I have ever seen with you lucky to see more than 25% of what is possible to see in a complete play through.

strega13
nwn is easily the best program ever made and definitely no rpg comes even close ( not even bioware's own baldur's gate 1 and 2 or knights of the old republic ) .i don't play it online at all coz i don't like to play online but i try to create my own dungeons and so far , it's long but fairly easy and better executed than any other i've tried

Ushgarak
Nah, I would not rate it above Baldur's Gate, not by a long way. It is technically superior but the scale and breadth of BG wins out.

raginrhino_316
This is a very good game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.