Ugh! People on Cell Phones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tex
How freaking annoying! Especially when women do it! They're so loud and obnoxious! They could very easily whisper or talk quietly!

No one wants to hear what your plans are for dinner stupid witch!

Awh, I feel better smile

must_kill_Santa
ok then im not loud i use txt

silver_tears
i always use my cell phone evil face

happy kine
i used to think the same thing about cell phone users... then i became a cell phone user... now i enjoy having to shout over the rude people in teh store that will not stop talking when i'm on the phone

must_kill_Santa
i do that just to annoy them

Tex
How trashy! roll eyes (sarcastic)

When someone calls me on my phone, I politely move towards the corner of the room and talk very quietly!

You scoundrels should take notes! stick out tongue

must_kill_Santa
well its hard to talk quietly on the bus with the bunch of townies at the back

BackFire
I totally agree Tex, I deal with these idiots at work all the time.

They come up to the counter on the phone chit chatting and expect me to wait for them to be finished before I start ringing them up and telling them how much they owe. Some people get pissed off cuz I just talk like normal while they are babbling and it bothers them because they can't hear about their friend on the other line talk about their current kanker sore, or what little tommy fell in on his way home from school.

Of course, I don't care, there is no excuse for them not to just wait the extra 40 seconds and talk on the phone when they leave the store, or better yet, when they get home and won't bother everyone in the store shouting like a pompus windbag.

In short, most of these people are just attention whores.

silver_tears
first off i didnt say i always use it in public, tex don't assume stick out tongue
it makes an ass out of the diva evil face

Tex
Its so annoying when your in line to pay for something, and the stupid phone **** infront of you keeps babbling non stop laughing out loud. mad

Its noise pollution I tells ya!

BackFire
It's just tacky, they just want to look important.

Why do people feel the need to be available to talk at all times now? Do they really need to be talking to someone at all times?

must_kill_Santa
push them then

Tex
They maybe could've pulled off looking important circa 1988, not 2003roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yeah, I only use my phone in emergencies, other than that I keep it off! Its bad enough getting pestered at home by dumb friends calling, when I'm out F'off! stick out tongue

happy kine
i desire no attention. i will talk on teh phone at the store if somone calls or if i need to ask someone what they need... saying that people that use cell phones for attention is like saying all blockbuster employees are whiny movie nerds living with their mom wishing that could make over 6 dollars an hour. which i'm sure is not really the case.

Tex
You should spend less time on your cell phone and more time learning some manners! Real shitty attitude you have there!

silver_tears
i use it only when i need too big grin
and anyways i have text messaging, and walkie talkie options and such big grin
plus i prefer my web thing that can email instead big grin

happy kine
i'm rarely on my phone... and almost never do i even take the phone with me when i go out ( i have no home phone) i'm just saying that if i was on my phone in public it would not be for attention.

Tex
You just pretend that your talking to someone, when infact your 1993 cell phone hasn't worked in as many years stick out tongue
evil face

BackFire
Is it really neccessary to be available to your friends at all times so you can discuss trivial matters with them while someone is trying to do their job and check you out of a store? Cuz that's usually the case I see when I'm working.

Not to mention that they are always yelling and screaming really loud, as if they own the whole store, not realizing how stupid they look.

I have a cell phone, but I just keep it in the glove box of my car for EMERGENCIES ONLY. But then again, I'm a logical person, most of the people who use cell phones all the time arent.

silver_tears
umm excuse you my cell phone is a new model that just came out a month ago....
just cuz ur ashamed to be seen with ur phone doesn't mean the rest of us are wink

julibug
I do, too, but mostly so I can hear better! stick out tongue

My cell phone replaced my home phone & is also the # listed for our music lessons, so I keep it on most of the time. I have caller ID and voice mail, though, so I don't always have to answer it if I'm in an inconvenient place. I can just hit the clear button to stop the ringing & let it go to voice mail. big grin

Tex
Amen BF Amen! angel

Silver Tears, doll, The Diva is ashamed of nothing! raver

If you want to parade about town pretend talking on your $2 grocery store Barbie clear plastic cell phone filled with candy be my guest! stick out tongue
laughing out loud
evil face
wink

BackFire
laughing out loud

I have a really crappy, old barebone cell phone, it was like 5 bucks. And I refused to pay for it cuz I hate cell phones. But my parents bought it and made me keep it in my car.

People care a little to much about their "state of the art" cell phone. They act like because their cell phone is so new and improved it makes them look so good and important. In my book, it makes you look like and idiot.

Congrats buddy, you paid 300 bucks for a device that lets you chat with your friends and play some crappy bowling game, not to mention that you already have the same basic device at home that you can use already.

silver_tears
thats a good idea *wonders around town*
and please dont call me doll dahling wink

Tex

BackFire
if you wanna spend 2 grand on a phone, go for it.

I'm enjoying my 3 dollar one just fine.

Tex
Yes, you do that stick out tongue

silver_tears
then dont call me dollwink
and i have one with a camera and all kinds of shit......i just don't use it erm

*buys new barbie phone* evil face

BackFire
I don't see the point of spending so much money on what is simply an advanced walkie talkie.

Tex
Silver Tears took a marker and drew a little circle on the back of her Barbie phone and pretends its a camera lens! stick out tongue

How embarassing! embarrasment

BackFire
haha

silver_tears
maybe for you since your the only one who would stoop so low Tex wink
but no i do have one i just don't like figuring out how to use it
you have to use like 20 different buttons for one pic mad

BackFire
Here's a thought, just get a camera. A cellphone doesn't have to have every possible device implanted on it. It's not a freaking all purpose army utensil, it's to talk to you're friends when you aren't at home to use your normal phone.

julibug
In my case it is much more than a walkie talkie. It is my only phone - for personal and business use. However, I only paid $60 for mine, and that was 3 years ago. I don't plan on "upgrading" either, until this one just falls apart!! stick out tongue

silver_tears
oh well i still like it and its very small too big grin
and i use my phone when i need to but i dont like it when your talking to someone and their phone rings and they pick it up and start blabbing totally ignoring you mad

BackFire
Yeah, it's annoying. That always happens when people are about to check out their movies, they are talking on the phone not even paying attention. As if I'm going to wait for their tacky ass.

Tex
yes Sure, sure, I believe you! yes
--------
I can tell that julibug is a very mature dignified cell phone user! Unlike some of the other phone trash around here! *cough silvertears cough*

I also use my cell phone to make long distance calls, cause their free! I'm smart smart

Tired Hiker
Ha ha ha ha ha, I do that all the time. People always bother me when I'm out on the field shooting something for the news, so if I see someone approaching me I'll pretend I'm on my cell phone so they will leave me alone. Still though, people are so nosy it usually doesn't work and they start talking to me anyway.

julibug
Tex called me mature and dignified. cool

Tex
What a fabulous idea! I'll use that technique when I'm being pestered by one of my fans *cough silvertears cough*

I cant belive no one has used this smilie yet -------> mobile

Tired Hiker
I used to hate cell phones until I needed one for delivering pizzas. If a dog wouldn't let me get to the front door, I'd call them on my cell. If I couldn't find a house up a mountain in the middle of the night, I'd call them on my cell. I got rid of that one when I quit delivering pizzas and my job now gave me a phone and they pay the bill too. Still though, I hate talking on phones period.

LindsIsTightK
I can't help but to wonder if Tex acts anything like this in real life, and if he does, what his girlfriend thinks about it. (If he is even able to keep one that is. I doubt she would ever be able to keep up with his devine diva needs)

silver_tears
oh you know it Tex im such a crazed fan......the ideas in my head roll eyes (sarcastic)
you know ill always be your number one fan wink

Tex
Oh, excuse me I need to take this very important call mobile

*wink wink* Get it? stick out tongue

To be cursed with fans! wacko

silver_tears
*throws bricks at all the ladies wanting a piece of Tex* back you whores i say roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tex
Silvertears couldn't hold back a sneeze! I need my ninja body guards! stick out tongue

silver_tears
miffed fine then *loses all love and respect for the diva* http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/glare.gif

BackFire
I'm Tex's biggest fan

LindsIsTightK
And I'm in line right behind BF shifty roll eyes (sarcastic)

silver_tears
im somewhere down the road miffed all the ladies stole my spot

Tex
Haw dare you! Ungrateful peasant!mad
The audacity! mad

You should take notes from BF! He knows how to treat a diva!

Tired Hiker
I'm one of Tex's ninja body guards! I'm the one in the green costume!

julibug
*brings cell phone on silver platter*

Here ya go! Ya wanna smash it?

BackFire
laughing out loud

silver_tears
*smacks Tex ass* taking lessons from BF laughing out loud

Tex
Oooo, Its about time you people started doing things for me!

What the hell took you so long! mad

Us diva's need constant pampering you know!

Its so hard to find good help these days!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/diva.gif

BackFire
still got a long ways to go before you get to my standards on ass slapping girl.

silver_tears
oh well im just a beginner wink

Tex
Damn, this went off topic fast didn't it?

So ummm, who finds those cell phone rings annoying?

Ushgarak
Mobile use is very big in the UK. With a smaller landmass, coverage is VERY good and not haveing a mobile is very rare now.

Not as rare as in Sweden, though, which as far as I can remember, even five years ago they were using them instead of landlines!

LindsIsTightK
laughing out loud

Cell phones are annoying I agree. My mother believes that when she has bad reception, if she yells into the phone louder the person on the other end will somehow be able to hear her. roll eyes (sarcastic)

BackFire
Most people seem to think that. They don't realize maybe they should just turn off the phone and wait till they get home to chat about feminine hygene to their friend.

Ushgarak
(waits for Finti to make anti-Swede comment)

silver_tears
laughing out loud

Tired Hiker
I like to call my room mate's answering machine when he's not home and leave him freaky messages. When I stand right next to his answering machine with my cell phone my voice sounds trippy as hell from the feedback. It's cool, I recommend trying it.

Fire
I dunno about the States but SMS or Text Messages are incredibly popular in Belgium, heck noone would own a cell phone if it weren't for those TXT messages smile

anywayz I have one, I try to pick it up in public, on the bus or the street as lil as possible cause I dont like to have ppl over hearing my convo's

that's why TXT messages are so neat, you just type and read, you dont annoy many ppl with that

el_barto
i hate it when ppl are driving and they are using the phone what ****ers they must have huge balls because if u are talking and driving u are a genus but no one can do that they just ****in talk on thier cell it just pissis me off mad mad

silver_tears
i ahve a hands free set for the car big grin

el_barto
thank god

mechmoggy
I've had a mobile for about 8 years, but mine has always been needed for work. When I'm off site or in Uni, I get lots of work related calls and some of our more importants customers have my number just in case of an emergency.

A lot of the time I don't bother answering personal numbers on it (except Mrs.MM) because I'm not a phone person. I prefer to send a txt message to arrange stuff with friends.

LilySatine
If only my test messaging worked....roll eyes (sarcastic)

But yes, I be one of those 'loud obnoxious people' you're talking about (lofe you too, Tex :P), but usually only when my grandmother calls...she's nearly gone deaf. roll eyes (sarcastic)

badkittykitty
*catches thrown brick*
whoa little lady!
*drops said brink into the divas long missing velvet glove*
who are you calling a whore!
*swings glove with furious anger slapping it across silvers confused face*
I like to be called mrs. kitty thank you! laughing out loud

any way.....I hate phones.all phones.I had a cell phone for all of a month then people started calling me I hated it so I never paid the bill.*ack* no one needs talk that much

Tex
My Volvo has this adorable phone pad built into the control console with a little headset nestled inside the arm rest, very innovate those Swedes.

(waits for Finti to make anti-Swede comment)

silver_tears
laughing out loud

*ducks glove* no need to get so abusive messed

Corlindel
I threw up my cell phone an year ago and I quit my home phone too.
It is fine to be far...
I only phone from my office and I started to receive letters again...
...backing to old times is f**** good.

blakangel
you threw up your cell phone?....you shouldn't have eaten it then stick out tongue

badkittykitty
dont be so sure about that laughing out loud

julibug
This thread has become so violent! bricks in gloves, throwing up cell phones...

diegocala
I miss everything!

badkittykitty
and we miss you!!!

Corlindel
Say yes devil I show you paradise in hell

BIOS
?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.