Rap sucks!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

total metalhead
rap REALLY sucks. need i say more?

i give it 2 hours before my brother ('gotta get rich' as you might know him) replies to this thread and starts moanin.... smokin'

gotta get rich
EDIT

happy kine
rap is not bad... a lot of it does suck but there is some very good rap out there... i listen mostly to rock but will listen to calssic jazz and classic r&b... i will say that as far as new music goes most good stuff is coming from rap (not the crap on teh radio) rock is dead... its all power chords with distortion and whiny guys with bad haircuts (just like motly crew in the day)

Curl_Up&Dye
For the most part i hate rap...i can deal with some songs...but for the most part it's aaaaaaaaalllll rock with me.

total metalhead
EDIT

total metalhead
you see leon? everyone has better taste than you!!!

julibug
Rap is not my usual choice, but I've heard some that I could tolerate.

And, guys, let's please keep this thread on topic, and not use it for sibling arguments.

gotta get rich
thats it! im setting up a 'metal sucks' thread! then we'll see whos got better taste sammy boy! (and im still gonna knock you out)

julibug why you edit out our cusses? we cant diss each other in real-life cos we only see each other every other week with our parents! it aint fair!!!!!!!

julibug
You can discuss music here, and even bash music, performers, etc., but it's forum rules that say you can't bash other members (even if it is your brother). Sorry! Gotta keep it as civil as possible. smile

BackFire
Rap does indeed suck.

total metalhead
thats fair enuf i guess. so here goes...50 cent is an ugly, jumped up lead magnet who has no real talent, eminem is a whiney, disrespecting wishes-he-was-black fool, and dont even get me started on fatboy dr dre or spider head mutant busta rhymes!!!!! (beat that leon)

GABRIEL05
metal and rap are like yin and yang NEO and Smith opposites trying to balance each other...they are destined to always be in total competition and total cohabitation with eachother.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
once again **** ALL HATERS OF RAP.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
I hate heavy metal music. loud, annoying, cant understand words (some rap songs are like that, but i dont listen to those sh----. i care more about lyrics than beats). I never liked heavy metal. How can u say that heavy metal has better taste than rap? well im into Underground Rap (poetry/freestyle). U cant just judge like that. Just cuz more people listen to rock on this forum doesn't mean rock > rap. At least rappers can freestyle without sitting down and writing their lyrics. (some rappers Big L, Canibus etc...) ill type more later. now i got to go. stop hatting.

finti
ok lets try this again, any musical styles deserves respect. If you dont like a certain style of music fine, but keep it too yourself.

The next one who bashes a style or a member will be banned without a warning

Bad Boy
You need to expand your knowledge of metal! It's not all like that!

finti
good point BB, but that goes the other way around too though

total metalhead
you sound just like my punk ass brother

finti
no need to go any further with this

gotta get rich
yep. everyone knows rap doesnt suck. end of conversation Sam.

loserib
i think the state rap is in right now blows goats man i meen its all pop music its lost its edge and metal is far from dead cuese their are plenty of new good mteal bands out there in flames chimira superjoint ritaul soilwork motograter 40 below summer

finti
rap just did what all other genres have done, it went comercial.

Bad Boy
Right here are the facts!

Metal does not suck! It's an artform which some people don't understand!

Rap does not suck! It's an artform which some people don't understand!

vvvrulz
Agreed, Personally i dont like rap much cos of the personalities/artists. The actual music isnt too bad. Metal is all good big grin.

russ_mathers
OMG,RAP does not suck, all music should be about expressing emotions and happenings in ur life, and helping ppl listen to ur lyrics and get the meaning, NOT to compete against other genres of music!
sorry but i think all music is good, but rap is just my fav. and is FAR FROM THE TERM 'SUCKS' mad stick out tongue

billyboyd4ever
I cannot believe how closeminded people are. A musical style cannot suck or rock, it is the indivual artists that count. What is important is the quality of the music, not the type. I myself am I fan mostly of classic rock and blues, but my favorite group out right now is outkast, who i suppose you could call a rap group. I think what most people dont like about many rap artists is how superficial, violent, and ignorant they are, as well as the fact that many rap songs are either simple or overproduced and lack sincerity, but this by no means applies to all rap artists, simple a majority of those on the top of the charts(the ones that a person who isnt a rap fan would have heard). Similiarly, many people stereotype metal as being repetive, loud, and depressing or satanic, which obviously isnt true of all metal bands, though it is true of many. Its ridiculous to even agrue about becuase the truth is, everyone has different tastes, but everyone should attempt to expand their musical horizons and listen, because you never know when you might hear something you like.

total metalhead
give it a rest dude!!! wacko

h0ck3yh0rr0r
stfu total metalhead. ur just pissed cuz he's right. i think you should give it a rest.

finti
well said rolling on floor laughing

total metalhead
no i didnt actually read what he typed

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i think u should.

ragesRemorse
well if an individual style of music "cant" suck ,Rap does a damn good job of breaking the rules of logic,and sucking. I beleive there is some rap that has meaning and substance. Most is just repetive bullsh-- about gloks,b------,money,and how much drugs you sell. I know this is a sterotypical remark, and there is indeed more meanings behind rap. However i just dont have time to type everything that is wrong with the world. All sh------ aside i respect rap, just not rappers. rappers may be the american dream of money for nothing,or money for doing what you love which is nothing. They are however the apitimy of the human dream, this is realization, enlightenment, growth, well beasically everything that is right in the world. There have been and are a couple that speak with an actual message and a sense of enlightenment. some seem to grow through out there albums. DMX, Nas, Gza,rakweon and tupac are prime example. Most rappers are though just like all other music styles today. Copies of a Trend.

I do enjoy some rap and consider myself an avid listener to certain artists. I grew up around it so it was bound to happen, but i never diss illusion myself that rap is the furthest thing away from actuall music.

shojo_no_umi
Rap sucks. End of story.

Or maybe not. This is veiw of rap while i listen to my fav band, Evanescence: Rap is just a bunch of stupid people blurting out words that rhyme, and have absoultly no talent, and talk about nothing but their, um, "female dogs", their drugs, and their money that they complain they dont get enough of. And i just dont understand what is the point of turning up the bass in your car and riding around the neighborhood. Isnt the point of the song to hear it?

Rap baffles me.....

total metalhead
can we just end this argument now? i wish id never started it. i didnt know people on this site got so damn worked up bout nuthin.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
shojo stfu. man i would close this thread so fast. soo much hatin.

Bad Boy
Take some music lessons and learn to resect all genres is the moral of the story!

h0ck3yh0rr0r
u talking to me? i hope not cuz i never wanted to argue with anyone. im not even hating on rock/metal. u guyz just keep saying how rap sux. i never dissed any music genres.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i dissed country music buts thats all. lol

Captain REX
If it's "nuthin," why'd you bother to start it? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Usually if you say something sucks and other people like it, you'll get an argument. Duh.

worldindustries
Rp does suck and so does the rappers They only care aboout their fans money then there fans there suck as*

h0ck3yh0rr0r
ahahhahahah who doesn't? u believe those rockers and other singers that say "we sing for the fans" my ass ahhahah ALL HUMANS ARE GREEDY EVEN IF THEY SAY THEY AREN"T. trust me...its like human nature. and rap does not suck.

total metalhead
i totally agree hock3y. no matter how 'loyal' the artists say they are, every one in the music business is in it for the money. some more than others, i mean, there wouldnt be half as many acts if the pay sucked would there? and if you got thousands of dollars for cutting someones hair, you would see a lot more barbers around.

Bad Boy
Of course everyone is in it for the money! You need the money to keep going!

russ_mathers
of course they're in it for the money, its their job, its their profession.
any1 who works is in it for the money, they just get paid a whole lot more, and just think if they didnt get into the music industry. we wouldnt be having a convo on Rap vs. Metal stick out tongue

metal face
you can hate "rap" i dont care, that's your opinion, but saying it sucks, no...here go download some songs from these artisits. aesop rock, illogic, sage francis, eyedea, outkast, mf doom, jaylib, pip skid, mcenroe, john smith, el-p, mr lif, cannibal ox, atmospere, non-phixion, sole, and tell me their music isnt creative with word play, imagery and use of voice, you think rap sucks cuz you see commercial tv rap that brags about some money and hoes, that's all you see, so please widen you horizons to other artists underground ones that are actually creative...i listen to led zeppelin also

h0ck3yh0rr0r
nie list metal face. hmmmm pip skid? never heard of pip skid

loserib
heres mabey something that can show rap and metal can coexest check out these four bands they re the best rapmetal bands you can find
grade 8
(hed) pe
twisted method
e-town concrete

now i have seen all these bands live and all of them are top notch

h0ck3yh0rr0r
grade 8? didn't that group split up or something? i remember some kid at school talking about that...or maybe im heard incorrectly.

loserib
no there were rumors of them being slpit up but from what i heard they are false and they are recording a new album now i seen them twice and they throw a cool show i dont think many bands can pull off rapmetal to well but the four i posted are bad ass

Scrub
Plenty of rap does suck, like Feminem and all his homies.. And some rappers do care about their fans, like Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope. The give clown love to all their Juggalos, family.

tyrext
Rat at tat tat people!
All forms of expression deserve their props...
I am the kind of guy who can breakfast with Ella Fitzgerald, lunch with AC/DC and dine with Eazy(mother_______)E. Finally spin my girl to Maxwell late at night when the mood is right and generally rejoice that Man is still capable of pure shared pleasure with his fellow kin.
To each according to their own I guess.
Good Rap like good music is good soul.
Everything else is secondary to the issue at hand.
Tiger is out
Peace!

SilverFighter
Raps sucks? maybe it comes down to a matter of taste in music. I personally can't stand the continues repetitive "Hey Y'all" or "All my Homies" stuff. The only rap I did ever enjoy was that of Old School Rap. Hip-hop never struck me as tasteful. I'm not putting down anybodies love for music but if had to chose between Run DMC and 50cent....I go with the trio of black clothes and white adidas.

To be honest Metal is my favorite and so is Goth and Industrial. Again, I'm not putting down Hip-hop but I just simply don't feel like I could relate my feelings to the lyrics. Metal and Punk do possess those lyrics that I truly can relate to and enjoy.

gcharlottepunk
I agree, rap bites an *******. So totalmetalhead, when are we going to hook up babe??

total metalhead
sorry i forgot to pm you! i'll do it now...

gotta get rich
you have so many things wrong in such a short message. rap sucks? wrong. you're hooking up with my brother??? just plain stupid big grin

can we end this dull argument now?

total metalhead
WAIT!!! STOP!!! HOLD THE PHONE!!! all rap does not suck! i like OutKast and X-Ecutioners! groundbreaking announcement no?

total metalhead
aww you love me really bro!

gcharlottepunk
Yeah, rap isn't all that bad. You guys trip me out. There are a few rap singers I like, but I'm down mostly for the rock music.

Okay, so I'm stupid now??? *sniffle, sniffle* sad

ivyem
all sounds the same........... roll eyes (sarcastic)

GABRIEL05
Hey here's how I feel about these sorts of topics.

el_barto
just remember that no music sucks. EDIT

h0ck3yh0rr0r
el_barto ur ****ed up man.

RoxiGirl39
Ur wrong rap rox
~Roxi

finti
what we all need to take into consideration is that music is all about taste.
take me for an example, I am probably older than most of you all ( mid 30`s) and I aint to found of the "new" sounds that hit the music scenes. What I have to accept though is that I had my prime time when it comes to growing up with the music on 24/7. as a teen and later a young adult, and the music I loved then probably bugged the hell out of those older than me.
Its the time for the young ones to have their prime and music styles changes, new styles come while old styles cling on and find new fans. It will always be like that.
I dont like rap too much but hell an entire younger generation does so who the hell am I to bash their choice in music. I am glad that you find an identity within the music scene. At least then you feel you have something in common with, maybe not the next door neighbour, but other youths around the globe. It be rap, hard rock, R&B or whatever........ even jazz smokin' . It is your choice to make and nobody can ever take away your taste in music by say it sucks.

So peps whatever you prefer it rocks.

el_barto
yeah i know

chatcat1313
i know it does!

GABRIEL05
man I repeat

el_barto
here is my opinion if u dont have anny thing to say dont say anny thing at all so.....

el_barto
no ofence

h0ck3yh0rr0r
hahahahah

and may i ask who are u reffering to?

el_barto
every one who is disn types o music

Extol
yea, most rap is crap. how can people like that repetitive crap, every song has the sam exact beat. no talent.zero.nada.zip.(i am speaking of mainstream gangsta rapper, some rappers out there may play instruments and do other stuff) come on, if you took out profanity and sexual inuendo, they would have no lyrics! rap is horrible, it is for simple minded fools or people who just follow whatever the media tells em.

Extol
I have never met an intellegent person who likes gangsta rap. I have met intellegent people who like some fast speaking hip-hop, but never gangsta rap. people i know who like it are very slow and think they know everything, u know, like those kids who never shut up and always act like they are bigger than they are.

nazgulinthedark
yes!! rap totaly sucks i hate it!!!

TrAnCeDuO
perosonally i think rap is the reason why there are so many arrogant people on the streets these days....but thats my opinion....anyways i think this thread is meaningless cuz neither side is giving in and its just going to continue on in pointless debate(if it can be called that)

nazgulinthedark
rap sucks

John Smith
this coming from a toby keith fan

need i say more?

i don't think so

COUNTRY SUCKS

TrAnCeDuO
and the flaming goes on...

h0ck3yh0rr0r
ROFL nice JS

VallejoKid707
ok rap does not suck! if you listen to 2pac's "changes" if give a real good message. now other metal groups or people, i dont have a problem with them i just dont like their music.

metal face
no one likes tupac

let him die hommies

underground hiphop

anyone that says hiphop sucks ima cut you

sage francis and atmosphere are on epitah(i think that's the label if i spelled it right)

hiphop acts ona big indie what punk\hardcore label?

what, what

you kids got nothing....peace out doggies

Gotwa
RAP - Retards Attempting Poetry. smile

nazgulinthedark
thumb up exactly

John Smith
dont even get me started on country

for real

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.