Metal sucks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gotta get rich
if people are gonna trash rap, im gonna trash metal. join me true believers!!!

BackFire
is there a specific reason why you think metal sucks? Or is it just because someone bashed you're choice of music, so thus you are trying to bash theirs without any concrete reason?

total metalhead
backfire dude you took the words outta my mouth! and my darling brother here isnt such purist metal hater, because if you look at the top of his cd rack you'll see a limp bizkit and a rage against the machine cd.
phwaaaaa!!! another round to me bro!!!

GABRIEL05
metal and rap are like yin and yang NEO and Smith opposites trying to balance each other...they are destined to always be in total competition and total cohabitation with eachother.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
look are u people stupid. everyone listens to different things. u like rock, then fine go **** urself. not like i care u listen to it. i listen to Underground Rap. you dont have to diss. its just music. and how does music suck? everyone has their own likes and dislikes. God has created many walking idiots on our planet.

julibug
This thread started out like this...

Then I quote:

Exactly, BF.

Obviously this thread was started as a rebuttle to another thread. If you guys want to post the reasons you don't like metal, fine. If this is just going to be an outlet for sibling rivalry, it will be closed.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
you guyz started the beef. and gotta get rich continued it. im not on either side. i think ur all idiots. music is music.

LindsIsTightK
I love Metal music, but I also listen to a few rap songs. Just because people don't like rap, doesn't mean you have to hate on them because they like metal.

JediOasis
Personally, I think both rap and metal suck, with some exceptions like Metallica and Outkast. But like it was said earlier, music is music so who cares.....oh, and as for my reason, well metal is a little too fast for my taste and it you can't understand or even hear the singer then whats the point? And I dislike rap because I just don't find it all that interesting. I never really understood trying to be all hardcore and gangster and wearing a bunch of jewelry, doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose?

LONG LIVE BRIT POP!

LindsIsTightK
blink

BackFire
Pop = Bad

LindsIsTightK
Well I can't second BF's statement because there is some pop music that happens to be my guilty pleaure, but British pop........................-shudders-

julibug
Gee, I can usually manage to find something decent, or at the least tolerable, in just about every genre of music. But to say that music is music is just not right.

finti
take this brotherly argument and keep it between the 4 walls of your home

and h0ck3yh0rr0r dont call other members idiots

Bad Boy
zzzzzzzzzz

total metalhead
we dont live together. our parents split up 4 years ago

finti
sorry to hear about your parents, but that but we dont need the family "fued" between you two here

gotta get rich
ok ok i'll take back what i sed. i dont like metal very much but im not against people who do. except for you Sam.

but rap DOES rule, just to make sure you know.

mechmoggy
When JO says "Brit Pop" he's referring to a media invented title for bands such as The Verve, Oasis, Blur etc and not actual "pop" as you are thinking. Brit Pop was (and still is) much cooler than "pop". big grin

JediOasis
Whats so bad about bands like Oasis, The Verve, Travis, Pulp, and old school Radiohead(before they went nuts)? These bands are what rock 'n' roll is all about. Playing your guitar really fast doesn't make you a great guitarist and yelling into a mic doesn't make you much of a singer.

loserib
im a metal head and i like some rap songs manly older sh-- though but metal is my passion its what i live eat and breath its my livlyhood with out it i would probly be in jail some where or ded from stupid sh-- i was into when i was younger so please dont trash metal

total metalhead
hes trashin it to make people like you and me look stupid

loserib
even if he is i have to get use to it beeing in a metal band myself i have seen my fair share of haters

finti
I grew up influensed by Deep Purple, later on the metal stage came a long with the likes of Judas Priest and Iron Maiden, Moterhead and so on.
It was a great time when almost everyone was into the same kind of music. The girls liked the mellow pop and mushy rock ballads while we boys rocked on. As year past I altered my taste in music into including other genres too, and I must admit it some rap songs have a catchy beat to it.

total metalhead
mordern metal's much better in my opinion finti. its evolved over time and now we have amazing bands like System of a Down, Deftones and the guys in my sig, Static X. legends.

finti
Dont listen to the neo metal scene at all, why because I think it aint good at all......none of them

total metalhead
what about early 90's stuff like Nirvana and Metallica?

finti
The Black album by Metallica is awesome, Nevermind by Nirvana is ok. Off the grunge band I liked Soundgarden best.

I remember that Ride the Lightning with Metallica blew us away in 1984, we were amased by the speed and agressivness in the music they had and they followed it up with Masters of Puppet.

After the Black album I think Metallica was more about money than music

loserib
i aggree about metallica but there are some new good metal bands like super joint,chimira,in flames,soilwrok,skinlab

billyboyd4ever
i feel like beating my head against the wall, all we have here is too idiots bickering. If I want to see that Ill go the zoo. How did humanity become soo ignorant.

total metalhead
lay off man! we're over that now! anyway we're brothers what do you expect?

Static X rule 4 ever

-LyRiKs-
Gonna get rich. Your exactly why Main stream Rap is so wack Right now. , 50 cent sucks, Tupac wasn't lyrically that great, He didn't always have a Message In his Music that much Either, almost 90% Of His songs talked About hoes, bitchs, money, and Living the California life. Tupac isn't a Thug, and I can prove why, have you ever seen his afro photo? where he was in high school and had a huge afro and was a straight A Student?. A true thug doesn't turn thug because he wants to and wants to sell. A true thug does it because he has too, I don't even think you grew up in California to be honest. You seem like one of those teeny boppers who buy Rap music to be cool and fit In. **** Hip-Pop, like rappers On MTV and BET they have NO meaning what so ever, and rap about the same stuff just to sell records to fans like you who buy there music because there "Cool". Plus whats so great about 50 cent? half the times it sounds like he's talking, he's so monotone and has no meaning, who cares if he got 9 nine times, that don't make him gangster or means his music is good. Any fool can piss some one off and get shot, and to take his bullet wounds and try to make money off it is extremely *****. Listen to Underground Hip-hop. Why?, because most underground rappers DON'T care about making money and watering down there music to sell, and for all you fools who say rap doesn't take talent is Extremely Stupid. I do agree that being a MAINSTREAM rapper doesn't take talent, alls it takes is "Hot Looks" "Muscles" And something Marketable And you'll have some one who will sell. Eminem USED to be good when he was underground and wasn't rapping about his Mom and daughter just to sell some Records. A lot of Metal, and rock fans who hate On rap I don't blame them really. If I Never knew about Underground Rap I would probably Hate it right now too, And theres much more to rap then Just rapping itself, IT ISN'T easy to make beats no matter what these clueless, metal/rock fans say. If its that easy, well I guess every rapper and rap fan would be a Producer wouldn't they? also you idiots a lot of producers DO use Instruments like Piano's and What not, But I guess your all to ignorant to see that, aren't you?. I don't like metal. Honestly, but I respect the fans who do, because its there choice and they can relate too it and they enjoy it, but when fans of different genre's hate on rap fans for no reason it just proves your more ignorant then you claim these fans to be.

"foretold by the dead sea scrolls written in codes, so if your message ain't ****, **** the records you sold, cause if you go platinum, it's got nothing to do with luck, it just means that a million people are stupid as ****"- immortal technique

finti
take a look in the mirror dude evil face cool

gotta get rich
omfg Lyriks! laughing out loud you need to calm your crazy ass down! your just like loads of other rap fans, in the way that as soon as sumthing gets just a little bit popular and more than say 100 people like it, you call it mainstream and say its wack. but isnt that wat every rapper is aiming for? fame? if 50 never became big you wouldn't diss him, and who cares if Tupac was a good at school? i dont. and the millions of fans he's got out there dont either. and to be honest, if your such i purist, you should make like i do and not like music just depending on how much of a thug they are. and finally, i do listen to underground rap for youre information, so lay off my back coz you dont have a clue what you talkin bout. your just anothe r wannabe rap critic with f**kin hope.

russ_mathers
hell yes rap will win over metal
evil face

Tupac means something actually and so do many rappers

h0ck3yh0rr0r
most rappers are assholes in my opinion. i am a huge fan of rap but most rappers are just idiots. ONly rappers that i think are GREAT are Tupac, Big L (r.i.p), Canibus and Nate Dogg.....Eminem is ok also. NOt much of a fan but he can freestyle for sure.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
LYRIKS i 100% AGREE WITH U.

worldindustries
Rap is the one that suck metallia is da best and always will be the does no matter what any one says.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
exactly does not matter what u say. cuz rap is great.

plenTpak52
the "beef"?

hmmm, someone watches too much MTV

Dirty Vader
Motorhead, Metalica, Judas priest, Black Sabbath are great metal bands.
I especially like Iron Maiden.
Does anyone listen to Rammstein?

SpetsNaz
All of you "metal-haters" think rap is great because you have never been introduced to metal and hard rock(old metallica, ac/dc, motorhead, IRON MAIDEN). Probably before you were even born MTV began playing all this new stuff. Why? Because they get tons of money for playing rap, hip hop and the like. This meaning the likehood of a teen this year and age to be introduced to metal is small, considering all they've seen on tv since birth on MTV is rap, rap, hip hop, etc... They use this music as their standard, by which they compare, which is pretty sad imo. I mean when was the last time they've played metal on MTV? Or any decent hard rock for that matter? (not including blink182, simple plan, and more which all suck IMO).

I bet half of you downing metal here at the forum have never even listened to it (at least metallica/iron maiden), your just making negative remarks because other people offended your music preference.

I know this because this is how I grew up. No one in my school even mentioned metal, it was straight out rap, hip hop whatever. I eventually became accustumed to it and grew to like rap.

This all changed during highschool though, when my friends began recommending old metal such as metallica. Eventually my love for metal grew, as my appreciation for rap, hip hop sank. I realized listening to people talking fast about their wealth, and their "bitches" was stupid at best.

BTW i listen to rammstein, their great.

Gotwa
I just HAD to pull up an old post.

SORRY PERSON I DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD NEXT REASON? smile

SpetsNaz
hehe, a lot of people have their likes and dislikes, but some people critisize without experience, as such this thread was started. Most hardcore rap fans have never even listened to serious metal/rock, period (most). For example any rap fans here can list a few old metal songs without searching? I can certainly list tons of rap songs and why I despise them.
\
BTW sorry for brining up this thread, i didn't realize how OLD it was. I coincintally found it through google.

Darth Revan
ok here's the deal. Everybody has their own tastes and opinions. Personally, I hate rap. That does not, however, mean that it is "bad." Nor is heavy metal, or any other kind of music. The idea that a certain type of music is good or bad is an OPINION so it is stupid to argue about whether it is good or bad. Also, I assume you have actually really LISTENED to rock, or else you would not be saying that it sucks...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.