Which is your favorite Bond villain ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pablo007
I liked Jaws in The Spy Who Loved Me but he suffered from Freddy Krueger's Disease in Moonraker. Trevelyan was cool too because he had Bond's training and was sort of an equal match.

ThePunisher
I've always liked Baron Samedi for some reason. And I thought Zao was cool with his f'd up face and all!

pablo007
Baron Samedi scared me because he was so weird.

ThePunisher
Also it's crazy how he never dies, even in the end the movie closes with Baron laughing insanely, but he never returned so i just assume that he had a heart attack. confused

forumcrew
zena.. was hot but jaws is clasic and awesome

forumcrew
haha and who can forget oddjob!!!

wicker_man
My all time 'Bond Baddie' is Jaws (Richard Kiel) from the Bond films Moonraker and The Spy Who Loved Me - he was the only bad guy to appear in more then one Bond Film.

yerssot
and Blofeld?

wicker_man
Technically no,although Stavro Blofeld appeared in the following movies:

1. Anthony Dawson, providing the body of the unseen head of SPECTRE in From Russia With Love and Thunderball.

2. Eric Pohlmann, voice of original unseen Number 1 in From Russia With Love and Thunderball.

3. Jan Werich, the Blofeld we never saw in You Only Live Twice.

4. Donald Pleasence, bald and childish in You Only Live Twice.

5. Telly Savalas, bald and tough in On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

6. Charles Gray, the English cross-dresser in Diamonds Are Forever.

7. John Hollis, the body of the Blofeld-a-like in For Your Eyes Only who wants to buy Bond a delicatessen...in stainless steel.

8. Robert Rietti, who provided the voice of the Blofeld-a-like in For Your Eyes Only.

9. Max Von Sydow, cool, calm and bearded in Never Say Never Again.

As you can see Blofield was portrayed by a series of different actors whereas Jaws was only portrayed by one - Richard Kiel,this is why he is technically cast as the only Bond Villian to appear in the same form.

yerssot
ah gotcha smile never payed attention to that smile

alaba
baron samedi

pablo007
Zena ? who the **** is that ?

yerssot
probably Xenia, from Goldeneye

BondJamesBond
Mine is
<<

royal_jester
Alec Trevelyan

forumcrew
Zena was the girl in goldeneye that liked to strangle him with her legs.. if you played the goldeneye game you fought her in the jungle level she was played by famke jansen

yerssot
that's Xenia Onatopp

HockeyFace
Baron Samedi because he is based on a real person and is into voodoo, Oddjob because he was a wrestler had a death hat and was NEARLY invicible when it came to pain, Jaws, and the vallain from the man with the golden who was played by Christopher Lee.

Paola
I'm not a Bond fan but I liked Xenia Onatopp (sp) a lot

nightcrawer89
i would have to say dr no from the frist bond film it is so sweet

Dark_Psylocke
Mine's Alec Travelian from GoldenEye.

Discos
Travelyn or Max Zorin, Zoring (Christopher walken - a view to a kill) added some class and swank to being a villian and had some well expensive shit.

Scaramanga was quite awesome but did have the pathetic golden gun (pathetic being that anyone knows that 1 bullet won't stop bond)

yerssot
he's good ... even for his standards wink

Scrappy Doo
Baron Samedi definitly, I really need to see that movie again, my memory is foggy about it.

Discos
Baron wasn;t that great, he appeared very few times in the film.

Scrappy Doo
Yes, but his time on camera made up for it imo.

T'Challa
hahaha! 'oddjob!' what a weird name... my fave bond villain is Blofeld for sure!

SlipknoT
My favorite is jaws. I'd love to have those teeth and be that tall.

yerssot
and getting attached to a magnet too?

T'Challa
good joke!

Ock
Auric Goldfinger and Oddjob.Without a doubt the best bond villains.

Ahnold
Bump!

What about Elliot "I'm going to blow up China for media rights" Carver?

Alright - only joking!

yerssot
I hoped so, he looked like a flue could kill him already

UnivEx
actually, if you do your research (even IMDB.com has it wrong), Pohlmann didn't do the voice for Blofeld in Thunderball... you have to dig to find the right sources, because people apparently just assumed that it was still Pohlmann, since he did the voice in FRWL... actually, Joseph Wiseman (who played Dr. No in the first film) did the voice in Thunderball (listen to it clips from the 3 films again, and see if you don't agree already!)...

anyway... Blofeld has always been my favorite... though i wish they'd kept his identity hidden like in FRWL and Thunderball, i'm also very much a fan of Donald Pleasance's portrayal... that scar on his face just totally makes the character... wish they'd been able to keep him for the future Blofeld appearances... never really cared for Savalas's version... Gray's would have been fine if they'd introduced him as someone other than Blofeld, but he didn't really work as Blofeld, i didn't think... if they'd just given him a different identity, Gray's character would have been a great villain...

yerssot
I always wished they DIDN'T show the face of Blofeld, it always gave something mysterious and threatening to the character... something of a "Can't Touch This" attitude

UnivEx
yes, that's what i said... only since they DID show his face, it would have been better if he could have kept the SAME face for the rest of his appearances...

yerssot
especially since Donald later on appearce as an ally laughing out loud

UnivEx
wtf are you talking about??? Donald Pleasance was never in another Bond film after YOLT...

perhaps you have Donald Pleasance mixed up with Charles Gray, who played Henderson in YOLT, and then later appeared as Blofeld in DAF... roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue wink

yerssot
errrrr.... disregard my last post there wink

UnivEx
*rubbing hands together maniacally*
muahahahahahahahaha!!!

evil face laughing devil

yerssot
I always was lousy at those multi-blofeld people... hiring one for him should have been possible y'know :/

UnivEx
shoulda woulda cooulda...

as i recall, Pleasance wasn't their first choice for Blofeld in YOLT (i've forgotten now who was, but it's on the "Making of" documentary on the disk, i believe), but he was a last-minute fix when somebody else couldn't do it... but then when they went to do OHMSS, they needed someone more able to do the physical scenes, which is why they went with Savalas... then for some reason or other, Savalas wasn't available for DAF... though i still can't justify in my mind why in the world they went with Gray, of all people...

yerssot
wasn't it also that they wanted DAF to be earlier back in time?

UnivEx
can't say that i've ever heard that... wouldn't make sense the way they did it, anyway, since in the pre-credits, Bond is searching so hard to find Blofeld to get his revenge for Tracy's death (oh, how i wish they'd used the revenge element for more of the film!), and it couldn't have been TOO FAR back in time, because Bond knew what Blofeld looked like, and he never saw Blofeld before YOLT (though i still can't figure out why Bond knew what Blofeld looked like, since Gray's appearance was so much different from Pleasance's or Savalas's, and even his voice was considerably different, since he now sounded British when before it was difficult to tell...)

yerssot
I take Bond just has a picture of Blofeld above his bed or something wink

UnivEx
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

yerssot
well, what else can he place there? a pic of his dead wife? stick out tongue

silver_tears
I'm gonna go with Alec thumb up
Simply because he was good gone bad droolio

yerssot
like Frost? stick out tongue

silver_tears
I was jealous of her disgust lucky skank

yerssot
cause of the hair and the face she has in the icepalace?

silver_tears
cause of how her and Pierce melt the ice naughty

yerssot
in the steamy water? wink

I prefered her icecold though

silver_tears
I think she was best when the were fencing laughing out loud

yerssot
because she wasn't in the scene much? big grin

silver_tears
No, because she kicked ass flirt1

yerssot
they let her win stick out tongue

silver_tears
She was an olympic champion wasn't she? stick out tongue

yerssot
only because her opponent got murdered stick out tongue

silver_tears
how suspicious ninja

yerssot
not when Gustav told the truth stick out tongue

silver_tears
he's just a big blabbermouth tongue_ss

yerssot
and has that idiotic grin on his face that's 'supposedly' from James

silver_tears
and he's ugly too disgust biggest atrocity right there!

RZA
Jaws! He's a classic!

The man with the golden gun (Scaramanga) was pretty cool too and his little friend played by Tattoo.

yerssot
Scaramanga is cool cause Lee played him! he's one of the best actors!

I actually liked his hair being sometimes in front of his eyes sad

silver_tears
still ugly stick out tongue

yerssot
so hard to please no

silver_tears
just a little cry

yerssot
so high standards cry

things that do please you must be out of this world eek!

silver_tears
you know it naughty

yerssot
I'm out of this world, y'know wink

silver_tears
We'll have to experiment that theory whistle

yerssot
tell me how and I'm there wink

silver_tears
Meet you in the park near your place on saturday? eek!

yerssot
the nearest park is 6 kilometers away from me blink
but I'll be there eek!

silver_tears
Mine's like 20 meters embarrasment

yerssot
then again, you live in Green-country... I would love to have a park that nearby sad

silver_tears
It's a valley too, huge, and there's a river and everything happy

And referring to villains, I've come to the conclusion that Zao was alright looking before he had the glass imbedded in his face messed

yerssot
you're so rubbing things in now, aren't you? stick out tongue

that hair he had huh? big grin

silver_tears
Yes I am naughty

Yes, it was all the hair embarrasment

yerssot
well... the good thing is, I spend most of my days walking through the park in the city, so I can have my moment of green around too... not as much as you though sad

that or you would try to steal the diamonds from his face when he was asleep stick out tongue

silver_tears
I was in the valley like 2 days ago, I took a bunch of beautiful pics love

Eww, that would require touching him yucky

yerssot
not the valley! eek! and was there snow too or something or was it all fresh and green?

yeah, but I take you want to touch his hair too stick out tongue

silver_tears
Snow eek! In fact here's a pic ninja

There was only like 5 minutes where he had hair with no diamonds stick out tongue

yerssot
nice place happy you can go skinnydipping even eek!
overhere it's been freezing for over a week; in the evening it's a warm -5/-6 here happy

yeah but his body stayed the same wink

silver_tears
The water is a foot deep stick out tongue

Still the face yucky I'd rather not

yerssot
more reason to try the skinnydipping naughty

when Zao is running out of the clinic in Havana, do you look at his face or at his body?

The Redeemer
Originally posted by yerssot

when Zao is running out of the clinic in Havana, do you look at his face or at his body?

I just know where YOU'd be looking, old boy! wink

yerssot
the sky?

The Redeemer
the sky?

Er, I was more thinking the beautiful art direction! wink

yerssot
yes, the lightning was done particulary well wink

Decay
blofeld when he was played by donald pleasence, althouth maybe a bit cooler in terms of personality, and jaws definatly. is blofeld in the new goldeneye game?

Clovie
i have no idea if he is there...but i thought he has been killed long before goldeneye huh

yerssot
he means GoldenEye: Rogue Agent, clovs

I don't know either but Decay, I would suggest you not buying it anyway

silver_tears

I'll pass, you go ahead ninja

Neither, I stare at Bond droolio
He's really pale though from what I remember, like his whole body yucky

yerssot
if you're afraid I can help you conquer your fear shifty

but bond isn't in the shot stick out tongue
that's what you get when you're whiping out your genes stick out tongue but he still got a nice body, you can change your colorsettings and freeze the frame to check it out eek!

silver_tears
I've done it before you know, when I was like 5 eyes

Okay okay, I was imagining Bond then droolio
I suppose he does, but he's still ugly as sin stick out tongue

yerssot
but now I'll entertain you in the mean time wink

even if pierce had a bit of grey hairs in it? eek!
but... but... da body! DA body! cry

Clovie
he means GoldenEye: Rogue Agent, clovs

I don't know either but Decay, I would suggest you not buying it anyway oh.... and they can still can use SPECTRE characters in the games?

yerssot
I'm not sure about it, as long as they don't name the geezers, why not?

Clovie
i don't know..coz i don't understand this copyright stuff very well confused

yerssot
as long as they don't use the name SPECTRE and name the bald geezer Blofeld it's ok

Clovie
so they can call him Blefold for example?
and organisation SPEKTRE ?

yerssot
I wouldn't call the organisation SPEKTRE since it sounds the same, same goes for the guy.. but like... I think Bluefeld and SPECTA or something works fine

Clovie
i see.
so why didn't they do it in the movies? huh

yerssot
perhaps that's prohibited too? or they were so frustrated by the case that they wanted to drop it directly?

Clovie
i guess the second option is more probable

yerssot
same here... makes more sense too

Clovie
erm..it doesn't make much sense at all, broccoli's not being allowed to use the name they've made up messed

yerssot
they didn't make the name up, Ian Fleming got it and then this geezer claimed to have the rights on Thunderball

Clovie
os FLeming made it..still it somehow belongs to bond...right?

starwing
The first person that pops into my mind is Robert Shaw's nasty assasin in From Russia With Love. Great fight too.

yerssot
yeah, but Ian gave the rights on the books to different people...

starwing, that's Grant btw; good pick big grin

starwing
Thanks. Love the film. smile

yerssot
oh yeah, it's definitly one of the best of Bond big grin I recently saw it again, and it can definitly stand up against all the others

Clovie
yeah, but Ian gave the rights on the books to different people...

starwing, that's Grant btw; good pick big grin like whom? blink

yerssot
like, that guy that sued the producers

Clovie
but he was related to him or just some weird random person?

starwing
From Russia With Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, and Thunderball are my top three favorites and in that order. I really liked the adaption and the direction Peter Hunt did for On Her Majesty's Secret Service, John Barry's music in the film is his best ever, and I thought George Lazenby was a wonderful James Bond--unfortunately he did his part right after Sean Connery which, among critics, would knock down anyone's good performance.

yerssot
I have no idea, I hope he was related

starwing
Now there's a great villain I forgot: Telly Savalas as Blofeld in 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service'. He was the best Blofeld ever.

starwing
btw at the time when I wasn't expecting much from the Bond movies Jaws was interesting and fun.

yerssot
but he didn't recognise bond anymore

starwing
But he did recognized trouble when he saw it--and also recognized a great Bond movie by Peter Hunt. wink

yerssot
that's your view, I don't like OHMSS at all besides the heavy emotional ending stick out tongue

starwing
Oh well--It's a good view nevertheless. stick out tongue

starwing
Btw I had the laser Thunderball edition some years ago, and in the audio commentary Peter Hunt (as the film editor on Thunderball) had some fascinating things to say about film editing in general, and I'll never forget hearing from him the word 'jump cut' for the first time.

Clovie
I have no idea, I hope he was related i hope so too.Originally posted by yerssot
that's your view, I don't like OHMSS at all besides the heavy emotional ending stick out tongue we have all the time in the world cry

yerssot
what's a jump out exactly?

Clovie
*cough jump CUT cough* confused

yerssot
details, clovie, details stick out tongue

Clovie
but some details happen to be important m'dear sir.

yerssot
then they are not details, m'lady stick out tongue

starwing

Clovie
then they are not details, m'lady stick out tongue but they can be, tuts.

The Redeemer

yerssot
ah, thanks starwings smile that would explain some of those "jumps" I always thought was due to "fastforwarding" of the editors or something

starwing
Nooooo problem-o. smile

yerssot
though overdoing it would be overkill too... I just saw a chinese film that overdid it blink

starwing
Exactly. wink

yerssot
damn straight wink

the guy ran to the exit and all of a sudden he was near the door while a second before he still had 100 meters to go blink

Ock
Auric Goldfinger and Oddjob.

Best Bond villains EVER.

yerssot
but then again, Goldfinger got beaten by Bond twice before the final battle

Ock
but then again, Goldfinger got beaten by Bond twice before the final battle

Whats your point???

Bond spent half the movie as Goldfinger's prisoner and nearly got his nuts fried by Goldfinger's laser cool

Andrew McLeod
Xenia Onatop. 'nuff said.

Etrigan
Franz Sanchez, Alec Trevelyan, Oddjob, Largo, and Tee Hee.

Clovie
Originally posted by Andrew McLeod
Xenia Onatop. 'nuff said. i don't consider her as villain eyes

TheFanboy

yerssot
Originally posted by Ock
Whats your point???

Bond spent half the movie as Goldfinger's prisoner and nearly got his nuts fried by Goldfinger's laser cool
at least he didn't have a toupet on wink

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>