Lamest Bond Villain ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pablo007
Umm probably Carver and the guy from A View to A Kill. I mean seriously the motives stealing microchips and creating WWIII for motives, it's really lame.

vvvrulz
The guy in tommorow never dies, played by Jonathan Pryce. A media shark, thats just plain dumb.

forumcrew
oddjob.. so funny but he got locked in a chest...hahaha

yerssot
for a bond movie perhaps, but the treat is very realistic imho

royal_jester
Boris Grishenko

Rawcus
umm well lamest has to be mr wint and mr kidd what was the deal with those to were they gay or just weird

Tiger
I agree with Rawcus...... definitly

freemind
The guy who through the hat.

yerssot
like forumcrew said: Oddjob

vvvrulz
Hey, Boris was cool big grin.
The guy in world is not enough had potential, but just wasnt developed much.

yerssot
Renard?

blueboy
The only people today who really want to take control of the world are media barons such as Rupert Murdoch and Ted Turner; so Tomorrow Never Dies is quite relevent in the twenty first century.

yerssot
but perhaps not that fitting in a JB movie

vvvrulz
Thats the point. and yeah Renard, he actually had a decent background and story etc, but once again, the girl got all the focus.

yerssot
which was better wink

she's a bondgirl after all wink

vvvrulz

yerssot
it's better then the first ones though wink

vvvrulz
Next time, they should both be bad big grin

stinkfist462
the nerdy dude on golden eye.. the one who said "i am invincible" then gets frozen.. i was all like HELL YES!!!

yerssot
laughing out loud
I wouldn't even catogorise him under villain big grin

Alias Neo
mr wint and mr kidd have to be the worst

yerssot
well whatcha know, I actually managed to forget them till now big grin

vvvrulz
What movie were they in?

Gianni17
Milf Seekers, cause ur mana so fine, love when she jiggle her ass.. ..

yerssot
Diamonds are forever

wicker_man
I agree Wint and Kidd were a pretty poor addition to the Bond baddies.

yerssot
I got them back in my head now, darn it sad
it's all your fault AN stick out tongue

Metroplex
Oddjob is too funny. Short little midget. laughing out loud

Discos
Agreed, they way they jist said "indeed Mr Kid", "but of course mr wint"

Colonel Ourumov was a well laim ass, a russian military guy and he is sort of weak and a coward.

Discos - Boris is invincible

yerssot
well, guess they wanted to creat some sort of super-cool "agents" with those two misters .... horribly failed

vvvrulz
Ouromov wasnt that bad. Goldeneye had some decent villians, quite liked 006 in that.

Ushgarak
The modern day Bond era has been plagued with villain problems.

Goldeneye- the ressurection of the Bond franchise- had a great hecnhman (in this case, henchwoman) in the form in Xenia but the main villain lacked something. Oh, he was played great by Sean Bean and they had a lovely punch up at the end, but he was not a grand scale villain- more a thug out for revenge. So I remember at the time thinking "if they can make more movies like that but do villains on the scale of the old SPECTRE days we are in business!"

Since then.... bah. Yes, Carver from Tomorrow was well playted, and a very relevant threat, but let's face it, the guy just seemed to be a wimp! Not very fitting for Bond as has been said.

Then in TWINE indeed, we had the capacity for the best Bond villian in ages- he cannot feel pain! Darkman as a bad guy! Errr... or maybe not, he gets beaten up a bit like all the others and then killed after his (pretty, but frankly boring) female co-villain gets killed having stolen most of his rightful screen time.

Die Another Day? Pissing off the North Koreans aside, the villain was ok... only ok...

What we need is another truly great villain.

Discos
they should relate back to the whole "taking over the world" angle for villians nowadays. Perhaps Gene hackman would make a good villian with that potential.

TWINE had a good storyline, the submarine was a good touch cause most villians dont use the good old machines.

Discos - M had a big part on that movie,

yerssot
perhaps they should use more bikes wink

Ahnold
Worst Bond Villain = Blofeld from DAF. He was a bleedin cross-dresser! And THAT was his master plan? Use a laser with all the destructive capability of what appeared to be a child's chemisty set?!

mook
dr.no wasnt really used
he crushes something in his grip and thats it - could have seen him do something with that?

sauron
sean bean was the best, and im not just saying that because he was boromir, oh wait yes i am big grinbig grinbig grin

yerssot
that's ok, we'll overlook your post then stick out tongue

Felix L
I could never really buy into the plot of Tomorrow Never Dies due to the Carver character. It seemed really lame that he was so untouchable & caused so much havoc. His over-acting was really comical too. How could such a pussy cause so much trouble for Bond (let alone the entire Chinese & British governments)? Someone could have just pulled the plug on his network...end of story.

mr wint and mr kidd were lame...but kind of funny. The first & only gay lovers as hit-men in the James Bond series (or any movie perhaps).

yerssot
it's that he can reach more than a billion people at once and they didn't had enough proof to do it and when they had it was near WW3 already

Felix L
I didn't buy it because the whole premise was based upon the fact that the British Navy didn't know where the hell they were because they got bad info from satellites controlled by Carver (nice military redundancy there). Even though in Goldeneye, M says "unlike the Americans, we do not get our intelligence reports from CNN". I guess they get it from a different channel. Also I think the acting from Jonathan Pryce was just silly. He was trying so hard to sound sinister that it reminded me of Dr. Evil from Austin Powers.

yerssot
watch it again, you see the satelite of carver interfering with the satelite of the navy

Primitive Screwhead #1
Ok, I have to call forumcrew and Metroplex out onto the carpet here. Midget? Locked in a chest? You guys have the wrong character. That ain't Oddjob you're referring to... that's Nick Nack!

Can't believe no one's said anything up until this point... that's just BLATANTLY wrong!

Oh, and worst villain? Look no further than Licence to Kill. Leave those South American drug lords back in Steven Seagal movies... not in my beloved 007 franchise.

Ock
That was Knick Knack not Oddjob.

Primitive Screwhead #1
You're two hours too late, Ock.

Felix L
I couldn't bear to watch that movie again. stick out tongue

Ock
Better late than never big grin

yerssot
if you have the dvd, skip to that section wink
it's at the start of the movie, before it goes terribly wrong big grin

Felix L
Yeah, I got the full DVD set, and I don't really hate the movie...I was just exaggerating a bit. It's one of my least favorite Bond movies, but ultimately my least favorite Bond movies are more fun for me to watch than the average action flick! wink

yerssot
that's the spirit, now go have a look stick out tongue

vishal2004
ive got the dvd set for about 3 months now still haven't watched all of them
wathced favs.
-Goldeneye
-Goldfinger
-From Russia with love

vishal2004
cool

yerssot
heck, I only got one dvd due to no money messed

Reborn Again
Boris is his name. And sidekicks don't count.

The most lame nemesis Bond villian IMO is a tie between Brad Whitaker (The Living Daylights)

http://www.bay.k12.fl.us/schools/bhs/webchallenge/bond/villains/whitaker.jpg

&

Aristotle Kristatos (For Your Eyes Only)

http://www.recons.com/biogs/images/glover_fyeo.jpg

Two of the most FORGETTABLE VILLIANS EVER!!!!!!! In two of the most worst plotted Bond films EVER!! And the stupid thing about the Brad Whitaker character is, they brought the actor back as a CIA agent in Goldeneye. Did they think we wouldn't remember he was a villian?

Evy_O
I liked Living Daylights but yeah, Brad Whitaker was extremely lame messed
he looks so stupid, not bad at all blink

oh, that Aristotle Kristatos is greek stick out tongue

yerssot
FYEO focused on character rather than story and FX which is actually a good thing, they need some movies that expand on characters

Pred@tor
that would be dr no.

yerssot
going for classic; classy wink

Pred@tor
Being a Predator is all about CLASS.

yerssot
I doubt a Predator would be a lame bond villain, just ... not fit for the role wink

The Redeemer
Actually, and as I mentioned elsewhere here, Carver is SUPPOSEDLY based on British media mogul Rupert Murdock...

He and that premise ain't really THAT silly... roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
but do you think americans know about that wink

Pred@tor
naaaaaah no.

yerssot
I know barely of it actually sad

Pred@tor
hehehe

yerssot
what of those poor americans eek! stick out tongue

yerssot
does Boris count as one?

Evy_O
as lame or as a poor american?

yerssot
as a lame villain stick out tongue

Evy_O
no, I liked him big grin funny guy! "I'm inviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiincible!"

yerssot
you could just blow him away stick out tongue

Evy_O
he managed to blow himself up stick out tongue

yerssot
now that's a good villain now stick out tongue

Evy_O
good for who? stick out tongue

yerssot
only for you apperently

Kaleanae
Lame villian or villians - Miranda Frost, Zao, and the other guy stick out tongue

yerssot
Chang aka Graves or ... mister Kill?

and Zao had potential

Evy_O
yeeeeaaaaah!!! Miranda Frost is THE lameness!!!! I agree!big grin big grin

Kaleanae
laughing

Kaleanae
She is a horrible villain

Evy_O
yeah! and she stands no chance against Jinx wink

doesn't convince me as a "bad girl", and she's so icecold! brrrrrrrrr!

yerssot
the icecold part was good! it was the "I can read your every move" cockyness that got her sad

The Redeemer
Julian Glover is BY FAR the weakest of the Bond villians...totally miscast...

Others I'd venture are Louis Jordan...whatever his name was in TLD...and the total losers in TWINE and DAD...

yerssot
unfortuatly I can't see FYEO so can't judge ... nor TLD sad

and I thought Frost wasn't that bad, how come she's lame? sad

Kaleanae
She's too young to be a villain stick out tongue
That's why

yerssot
who cares about the ageeek!

Kaleanae
But she was too young to be sleeping with James Bond

yerssot
she was well in her end twenties... that good-something girl looked younger than her messed

Kaleanae
In real life, she is 24 or 25 years old messed

The Redeemer
What's wrong old boy? None of the shops in your local area stock 'em? The whole series is going for ten a penny -er, Euro- around here at the moment...which is pretty worrying as when things are so cheap, new brighter eyed and bushy tailed versions could be on the way...which means more forking out for us hard pressed Bond fans...

embarrasment

yerssot
see, Frost is old enough wink

well, you forget that you live in Bond-country, I do not stick out tongue

Evy_O
Frost was a bad bondgirl cause bondgirls are supposed to be sexy! not icecold and she even had chubby cheeks!

I think TLD's was fairly ok, not exactly good, but not lame either
TWINE's... average
DaD's, bad indeed, not scary at all stick out tongue

yerssot
she was sexy to me sad and icecold is good! something different than jinx stick out tongue

The Redeemer
Damn if I can remember much about that DAD film... wacko

yerssot
you don't remember how she looks like?

The Redeemer
Nope. All I remember to that silly car skating around Iceland... embarrasment

yerssot
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0683253/

there ya go wink

The Redeemer
Rather austere, isn't she?

yerssot
for some that floats their boat

The Redeemer
Nothing wrong with a bit of austerity if I say so myself... wink

yerssot
but some do it too much wink

The Redeemer
Oh...matron... laughing out loud

yerssot
she is lame too stick out tongue

phinney6
My vote is for Electra King, or from the old ones, Drax

yerssot
aren't they all the same?

The Redeemer
Drax might not be one of the better villains but unlike, say Julian Glover, he had some memorable lines...

yerssot
like ...Adam Kaczor

The Redeemer
What the hell's a Kaczor? wacko

yerssot
hey ... THERE went my copy! been looking for it for some time...

that name isn't supposed to be there

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.