Yes or No?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sancia
Need people's opinions on this, just because. I'm in the Navy and specifically shipping out for bootcamp in Oct. 5, next year. Their's this guy I really like but I've been holding off just cause of the fact I don't think I should date right before I leave. I just don't want it to get serious then all of a sudden I'm up and gone. Not to mention boot camp is for 9 weeks, and in Pensicola, FL (and after that I'm on a ship for 4 years.) What would you guys do? Say to hell with it and just date away....or stay single and play the field?

LanceWindu
I say date...you never know if it will last up until you leave, but you might as well have fun in the meantime.

And if it's true love he'll be waiting for you when you get back.

clavis9495
just date maybe he'll come after you...

saucybird007
Date otherwise you will always be thinking "what if"

I say go for it. big grin

must_kill_Santa
i say dont for that long he might cheat on you or get married then you would be heartbroken because you wouldnt find someone else when you might in that time

mechmoggy
I say date him and play the field. wink

finti
have a blast

slinger
i have a big head

crazy_c
I think you should go out with him. rolling on floor laughing

Sancia
I guess. Ok so the majority you basically said date, except for must_kill_Santa, who thinks I'll get cheated on, lol. I don't know....that's what I kind of thought, is just date, yet play the field. But he's a really nice guy, so if I was to get with him, I'm really not one to cheat. All in the matter of time and what happens. Couldn't hurt to get laid every once in a while anyways big grin

clispin
just date only agree that your not exclusive so that when ur away neither of you need to hang around.

Korri
haha clispin stick out tongue

BondJamesBond
Get all you can when you can!

DemonicGambit
Go for it

royal_jester
Go out with him you never know what great things will happen with you twosmile

jake d
ok...here's an opinion from someone who is already in the military...

I see this happen so much. someone starts dating before they go into the military...and most of the time it doesnt last. You are going to change bigtime when you graduate basic, so essentially you'll be a differnt person and he will also appear different to you.

The majority of people break up in the end...no matter how long the relationship is drug out...but...thats the majority. doesnt mean it will happen.

good luck on your decision, email me @ [email protected] if i can help any further...

Sancia
Thanks Jake and everyone. It helped somewhat, I just can't control my feelings though. when I like someone, I like someone ....but never have I let a guy get in the way of my prorities, however, even if I decided later on I didn't want to leave ....I don't have a choice any longer. I am leaving, no questions. Besides, the guy I liked ended up being an *******.

gcharlottepunk
I think that you should talk to him about you leaving and see if you and him can work on something. If it's not going to work, at least you will know before you leave. Or you could just write letters back and forth call him occasionally, or visit, and hope that he is still being faithful. If all goes well, you know yourself you can marry the guy and he can live on base with you!!

Sancia
I could, and that's true ....but during that whole 4 years I'm away, you really think he would honestly stay faithful? It's hard to tell in some cases, unless I was dating him for a long time prior to leaving, that would be a different story. I don't know ...probably best I did just stay single, Jake had a good point. I won't be the same person coming out of basic training.

herbie
Go for it, life is made from experience, if life gives you a chance of happiness take it, even if it doesn't last, at least you had it for a bit!
And it's better than never having it. But thats just my opinion! Hope everything turns out ok. big grin

gcharlottepunk
So many good opinions, I feel sorry for her. she probably doesn't know what to do!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.