Next Bond Villian

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wicker_man
Ok we have already had a thread or two on who we'd like to see as the next James Bond but who'd you like to see as the next bad guy to try to defeat Bond...James Bond? All suggestions/view welcomed so please post your opnions.

yerssot
hmmm, that's actually rather tricky messed

er... lemme see... I think the bad guy should be connected to something of today, like pointed out earlier, like spectre a terrorist organisation or something
though, it's not easy to just get one out of the top of your hea d

wicker_man
Sorry ("my bad"wink the line of questioning i choose may've not been too clear what i meant was who you'd like to play the next Bond Villan for Bond installement 21.

My personal choices would be:
* Gerald Butler
* Stellan Stelskgard (sp)
* Richard Roxbourgh
* Stuart Townsend
* Gabriel Bryne
* Julian Sands

yerssot
oh... me big grin

forumcrew
christopher walken

Ahnold
Hi all,

I realise this thread is quite ancient {wheelchair ancient, in fact}, but it looked quite interesting and so I thought I'd bump bump bump bump it up!

How about Alan Rickman for a Bond villain? He was great in Die Hard ...

Erm, and Forumcrew? I believe the producers already had the idea of Christopher Walken as a Bond villain. The result? AVTOK ...

yerssot
and what should he do as bad thing?

Ahnold
Threaten the world for one meeeeeelion dollars!

Reborn Again
Look what you did to Mr. Bigglesworth!

I wouldn't mind seeing Sean Connery play the next Bond villain. That would be interesting to see. A full circle for Bond fans.

Ahnold
Hmmm ... Sean Connery as a villain?

{Thinks about "The Avengers"}

Perhaps not ...

yerssot
he always strikes me as a good guy

which company of the villain will make over a billion dollars a year?

Reborn Again
I liked SC as Sir August De Wynter. He was smart and villainy. A true Bond villain type.

yerssot
and what makes a villain a true Bond villain?

Ahnold
See? There's your problem right there. Any villain called "Sir August De Wynter" can't possibly be taken seriously ...

Being eeeeeeeevil! stick out tongue

yerssot
and having his pinkie up his mouth the entire time too or does that make him too much Carter?

Reborn Again
Wynter = Cold. Winter is cold. Villains are ruthless and cold hearted. Get the picture. smile

Ahnold
It may be an apt name, but I still can't take it seriously!

phinney6
Lets have Roger Moore play the next bond film and call him "Mr. Ikilledthebondmoviesinthe70's! " lol

Reborn Again
George Lazenby & Timothy Dalton killed them.

yerssot
no, Lazenby and Moore... and if Lazenby plays the villain, the only killing he would do is the movie wink

Ahnold
I think its a tad harsh to say that Lazenby "killed" the franchise. I mean, he only starred in the one movie {that's not enough time to murder a franchise!} - and whatever you may think about OHMSS, there's no denying that it was at the very least a courageous {if misguided} attempt to make JB more "real" ...

And what baffles me is that if you didn't like Lazenby's attempt to make JB serious, then why didn't you like Moore's attempt to make him more fun?

I also happen to like Dalton. Personally, I felt Moore OD'd a bit on the tongue in cheek humour, and that Dalton was the right man to make JB dangerous again {I mean c'mon - Moore couldn't intimidate a child!}

yerssot
you pretty much already say why I don't like Moore... Bond is supposed to have funny moments (one liners, situation humor, ...) but he overdid it a LOT

so get him or Lazenby as villain wink

Ahnold
Say what you will about Moore; but chances are, if it weren't for the fun he brought to the role, JB might not have survived past the seventies ...

And c'mon! Lazenby wasn't THAT bad ...

yerssot
he was ... and I don't like admitting you're right about Moore sad

Ahnold
Heh - the big dog's always right! stick out tongue

But what, yerss, was so wrong with Lazenby?

yerssot
his appearance, the lousy script, the terrible acting, the even worse improvising, the non-bond moves he did...basicly, pretty much everything

Ahnold
I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree. I actually thought he acted quite well in the film {see: the mourning scene at the end}, though I can appreciate that OMSS's script was not to everyone's liking. And as for his improv, though I'll admit that it makes little sense within the context of the film, I thought the line "This never happened to the other fella" was quite amusing ...

Plus - I didn't think he was that bad looking ...

yerssot
well, I thought that line was pure crap
to me he is ugly as hell
and for the acting... he does not at all strike me as a bond

Ahnold
To be honest, each of the 5 actors made the role his own ...

yerssot
or butchered it stick out tongue

Ahnold
Well, to each his own ...

yerssot
you mean, people don't think he wasz bad? eek!

SpikeSpiegel
I think Lazenby was the worst of the five.

yerssot
see! there ya go big grin

phinney6
Man people are so bitter against Lazenby, I thought he was good. I like OHMSS,

yerssot
"grow up double oh phinney" stick out tongue

MildPossession
A French actor called Vincent Cassel, he would be the actor I would choose if I was casting the next Bond movie.

He can play a villian, and he can do violent, so tone it down a bit for Bond, and boom, perfect Bond Villian.

Ahnold
Hmmm ... I'll have to look him up ...

And yerss - I happen to like Lazenby as well ...

yerssot
yeah, but you're ahnold stick out tongue

Evy_O
no-one should like Lazenby no

yerssot
there! she told you guys off happy

Ahnold
What the hell does THAT mean?! miffed

yerssot
that Ahnold is your name confused

Ahnold
Don't play the innocent with me stick out tongue !

yerssot
it worked with others sad

phinney6
You grow up, it was nice to have James F'in Bond back for awhile under Lazenby, a more ruthless guy, and if you look at YOLT and DAF, Connery was becoming a sap! In Dr. No, FRWL, and Goldfinger he was more ruthless,

stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue

The Redeemer
The more I think about it, the more I think Terence Stamp would make a great Bond villain...he was terrific in SUPERMAN II in a broadly comic book part...if Blofeld ever made a return to the series he'd be ideal in the part BUT I'd settle for him just being a *major villain* in Bond #21...

yerssot
phin... starting from YOLT they went to go the more "fantastic" tour, that's not his fault stick out tongue

Stamp? I like that guy smile though, I hope he can do some action rules cause what's a villain if he can't move a lot wink

Ahnold
How about Samuel L. Jackson eek! ? He was great in Jackie Brown ...

yerssot
some would complain that the evil guy is black stick out tongue

Ahnold
Hem hem - African-American yerss...

What about Kananga then?

yerssot
african-american AND into drugs... I'm surprised people didn't lynch the storywriters

Ahnold
Heh - I was wondering why Richard Maibaum didn't write the script for LALD. And now I know big grin

yerssot
how many scripts did he write?

Ahnold
He wrote or co-wrote all of them {bar three, I think} up to and including LTK ...

yerssot
not the ones prior to OHMSS, I think?

Ahnold
Oh no, them too ...

yerssot
really? I must investigate eek!

Kaleanae
George Bush

yerssot
in the movie The World Has Had Enough wink

Evy_O
he doesn't deserve being one schmoll

yerssot
but he is a nasty villain to the worldstick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.