The Simarillion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sauron
Happy Dance I FOUND THE SILMARILLION Happy Dance

im proud, i got it today about an hour ago, im at page 60 now, i think it is brill anyone who has read it can you tell me if it gets better, (if possible)

Shadowskill
Talk to Drunk Nazgul...

turin
amazing work, it is my favorite story tolkien did (although it is really just a bunch of stories pieced together, and plus isnt it all just one big story anyways, lol)

Exa

BingaBonga
well, then i probably should go read it too....

Exa
Correct big grin

It's imo really the most important book of Tolkien.

sauron
im up to page 90 now, its great, i was just wondering is shelob is in anyway a offspirg or decendant of ungoliant

Exa
Yes she is smile
She is her last daughter.

sauron
thanks, i was thinking about it like, can anyone tell me how im only a member yet people whp have joined after me are senior members, and i change my mind, melkor/morgoth was better than sauron

Exa
Perhaps thats because of the number of posts

Yes he was big grin big grin

sauron
but only just

shaber
It never explained Ungoliant satisfactorily to my mind. Melkor did succeed in excluding the Valar from Middle Earth - good comeback. I would like to have seen what Utumno was like (in LOTR it is referred to as "...the Underworld of old..."wink one eye

BingaBonga
i need to go to barnes & nobles, a bookstore for people in different countries, idk if there is barnes & nobles around the world... reading

Exa
Where is the UnderworldOfOld mentioned?

shaber
"Grond" the battering ram which the trolls used to break the gates of Minas Tirith was "...named after the hammer of the Underworld of old..." devil Melkor's hammer.

Exa
Ah ok thanks smile

mah
It's a great, if somewhat cut-up, book.

fini
i want it...........i'll give it read when my exams are over.
:-)

lotrlover7000
beer

lotrlover7000
doctor

Fëanor
hopefully by now you've finished the book... stick out tongue

The Inkeeper
i am, and wow, remember when Mah modded us

Fëanor
if we both can remember that...then we've been on too long stick out tongue

shadowy_blue
lmao, lol...this is awesome. Old thread. laughing out loud

Feanor, digging up some antique threads, eh? You can be a great archaeologist. stick out tongue

Fëanor
just call me indiana feanor...

shadowy_blue
LMAO! laughing

fini
wow , Mah, do you know how long i haven't seen that name in here.

Mandos
Nah Sauron, I read the Silmarillon in 2002

The Inkeeper
well i read it in 2003 stick out tongue

Mandos
point proven laughing

Fëanor
by now we've all read the book ... and we all agree that it's not written in the same convention as the trilogy

hence, it's inability to be translated into a movie ... i know, i know ... old and tired argument

but what if they could? what if someone were crazy enough to tackle such a daunting task?

what would that writer(s) need to utilize in order to make it into a movie?

concentrate on one part of the story and disregard all the others that make up the silmarillion?

if you've got to ask yourself...what is the silmarillion?

anyone? anyone? anyone?

Smodden

DCLXVI
Smodden> Tol-in-Gaurhoth

Yes, I was better than you! stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.