It's been confirmed - Revolutions will be the LAST ever matrix movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Noola
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but here it is:

Joel Silver was speaking to scifiwire recently and was discussing future game follow ups to ETM. When he was asked about the possibility of Matrix IV, he said bluntly: "It will never happen". Sorry folks!

The full story can be found at http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2003-10/28/12.00.games

TH3_0N3
well I guess we will have to make the movies and games ourselves if not to bad it was good while it lasted

The Omega

Noola
Perhaps you're right - do we really want another matrix movie at the expense of the high quality of film-making that we have come to expect from the Wachowskis?

Though I sense that many people won't agree with us on this

TH3_0N3
but it will be harder for those who dont have ADSL and so forth cuz they cant be connected all day like the sims online is!

JKozzy
Oh well. They should go get broadband. Down with DSL and ADSL. It annoys me to hell, cable modems r so much better.

TH3_0N3
yeer its good for some!smile

Ice_Lightningo3
I think it's a good idea not to make any more movies. Omega is right. Making a new movie would ruin the Trilogy and how would it work? Triliogy is A Birth, Life and Death. A fourth movie wouldn't fit into it and probably wouldn't be all that good.
Again good choice to leave it at 3!

Ushgarak
First lesson of such comments-

Things change.

Noola
Wow I thought that loads of people would be kinda upset at this news, hence my "bearer of bad news" comment {meant to appease you}. Guess I was wrong

MC Mike
Didn't we already know this...? blink

Guess not...

Noola
It was suspected, but not definite

MC Mike
Ohh... Okee! big grin

But, as most, I'm glad.

-=Urot=-
I agree three is enough. Lord knows we don't need another Star Wars on our hands.

HexSintax
AND, we havent seen Revolutions yet to know how it ends...because the way it ends, they may not be able to even make a 4th installment smile

-=Urot=-
Hex yer sig is awesome!!!

It has the 70's kung fu movie intro feel to it!

HexSintax
thanks buddy

Ushgarak
Pffft... tiresome...

raynor
ok

HexSintax
yeah i think they killed the SW series with the pre-Luke stuff, it appears that they had better technology in the past (in the SW world) than in the future.....if they did some garbage like this to the Matrix, they would for surely kill it, unless they incorporate different engines into the programming of the matrix to make it appear better.....or something.....

screw SW....we need more of the STAR WARS KID!!!!!(let me know if you dont know what im talking about)

forumcrew
this is really ****in old news... really really ****ing old

MC Mike
Haha... just as I said! big grin

Ushgarak
Even MORE tiresome... can we stick to the point please?

HexSintax
could ya eat me? hmm? its a forum, we talk about whats on our minds...we type what we feel like saying, god forbid. if some one says something, we can attack or defend, not just say, oh hey, stick with the point of the thread

HexSintax
didnt mean to be a dick, but im just saying, we usually just say whats on our minds, if someone goes off topic, we usually follow them, and as soon as you know it, the whole thread is off topic.........

oh and btw, i did say on topic wink "if they did some garbage like this to the Matrix, they would for surely kill it, unless they incorporate different engines into the programming of the matrix to make it appear better.....or something....." and i stand by that wink

forumcrew
haha i think he realised he just told ush to eat him and he was like ut oh whoops so said sorry real quick.. but i get what u were sayin hex and this thread is off topic.. all though the topic is stupid as shit anyway so it dont matter

husky321
Revolutions better add some finality to the trilogy. I don't want to be left hanging like after Reloaded. I don't want to have to wait for another video game to understand the movie. They are dragging this matrix thing on way too long. Not that I don't love everything with the matrix but it is too addictive. I just want everything to end with revolutions. I know that won't happen but hopefully there is some finality.

forumcrew
its not all going to end.. the story of the one will be told.. it will be explained.. but things will still be left up to question and discussion because thats what these movies do.. but i feel you will get a worthy enough finnaly that will sum it all up for ya! but we will be diving deep into here

Ginerninja
Re-incarnation big grin

brandonbeyond
i don't know.. what if silver is just saying that... what if down the road in two years or 5 they decide to come out with a forth one... look at terminator... how many years pass before they made 3? i wouldn't mind a 4th 5th or even 6th.. and i heard a while back after the making of the first matrix that it was a 6 part series... 4 5 and 6 don't have to all be about neo and the stuff he does... why can't it be about finding neo the search for neo, having morp find all these other people.. maybe even explain more about the war that the animematrix tried to do... okay yeah maybe they won't come out so kick ass but i'm willing to dish out 6 bucks to go see something having to do with the matrix or something that would make me think... there is so much still missing from the matrix concept... revolution could just lead to evolution...

well thats my 2 cents...

::walks off once again::

Noola
When were we told this FOR SURE before?

Noola
Joel Silver has also said that "The Wachowskis brothers story will end in Revolutions", but that this does not eliminate the possibility of a fourth film {well, he's gone back on that now, hasn't he? Damn it Joel!!! Sometimes you make me so mad with the way you change your views!!! mad }

brandonbeyond
hey hey hey calm down noola... i mean just cause he said it doesn't mean he means it... my exgirlfriend said she will be with me forever and well... shes my ex girlfriend now... maybe he is just saying that so he doesn't have to be asked anymore.. i mean that does get annoying.. being asked the same question over and over... i would have said what he said then just poped out with a new matrix movie 2 years later

but then again.. he could be telling the truth and mean every word he said and that would suck...

::walks back off::

HooT
lol we know how it ends

JediHDM
husky> WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!?! the time it is taking to finish Matrix is MUCH shorter than it took to finish SW, etc...

Ushgarak
You ere encouraging off-topic disucssion; I didnlt want this to become about SW.

Anyway, so as you see, things are less certain already. As I said- things change. What seems certain one month can be overturned a few later- has happened in movies since square one.

husky321
What is your point? I never said the matrix took longer to finish than star wars. Star Wars sucked anyway.

Verity
It's good this story ends here...

JediHDM
im just wondering how long is "too long", cause its only been four years...

Noola
For some of us, four years is a LONG time. It's all relative

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.